Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you think josico is that man?

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
2008 Summer Transfer #4: "Josico"

33 year old DM. He was a backup for Villarreal so he thought, why not, I might as well make some more money at Fener.

Maraton reports that we've signed him for 2 years and he'll arrive in Istanbul tomorrow.

Hayirli olsun I guess.

Edit: It's official...sorry for doubting you Okan ;)

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
If Maraton is the only source, then I doubt that this transfer is going to happen. I certainly hope this won't be our final "big" transfer, when we already have Maldonado who is a capable, but unspectacular player with similar talents. We need to get either a right winger or a truly top-notch DM. I have been extremely disappointed with the mediocre players we have been linked with, and I would be truly upset if we settle on bringing in a 33-year old back-up from Villareal.

If we can't bring in a big name, why don't we at least take a chance on a young player? Do we have some sort of aversion to making a profit on a young player?:rollani:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The transfer ıs offıcıal ım watchıng Star Tv rıght now and ıt has saıd that ıt ıs offıcıal and that Aragones was really persıstant ın hıs transfer the guy on there saıd `forget hıs age he ıs a dınamo ın the mıdfıeld and he ıs better that Aurelıo....wıth thıs guy we wont mıss Aurelıo` well lets hope so.....not a bıg name so he ısnt goıng to come wıth bıg expectatıons so he may exceed our own expectatıons.....after all the talk about Senna, Alonso, Albelda etc ıts dısappoıntıng but stıll hayırlısı olsun....ı defıntely wont be buyıng hıs kıt thats for sure :)

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
HASIKTIRRR cekerim böyle transfere!!:frustrat:, fkin out!!!:mad:
Damn armut kafali yönetim, bula bula bunu mu buldununz ulan!!

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
The transfer ıs offıcıal ım watchıng Star Tv rıght now and ıt has saıd that ıt ıs offıcıal and that Aragones was really persıstant ın hıs transfer the guy on there saıd `forget hıs age he ıs a dınamo ın the mıdfıeld and he ıs better that Aurelıo....wıth thıs guy we wont mıss Aurelıo` well lets hope so.....not a bıg name so he ısnt goıng to come wıth bıg expectatıons so he may exceed our own expectatıons.....after all the talk about Senna, Alonso, Albelda etc ıts dısappoıntıng but stıll hayırlısı olsun....ı defıntely wont be buyıng hıs kıt thats for sure :)
Inşallah.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
I love his wiki page

·
Registered
23,556 Posts
star tv also said we got Mehmet Topuz, David Villa, and Xabi Alonso. Why is this story any different?

·
*the drum drum*
42,879 Posts
Probably an agreement made with the player, and it will be put on hold while something else is sought after with the new CL qualification status.

If the CL card doesn't make the players who rejected before change their mind, Hoziko it is.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
When are Fenerbahçe going to sign me? I am much better than this Hoziko. I'll adopt an English name if they want.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This guy is an utility player, he will be a great asset to "this" midfield we have. I had the chance to watch him few times and what i got is he is better than Aurelio in some ways. Aurelio has his own skills that I witnessed in few players but he has his own weaknesses, too.
The only question mark is Josico's age, whatever, how old is Aurelio or that Senna everyone was praying to have ?
Besides these ages are acceptable in defensive midfielders.

I would name this as a good transfer if it comes through. After all, he will be a lot better choice than Deniz, Selcuk and Maldonado.

·
Registered
204 Posts
ok so josico has signed...

why do we have to get all these old players?

i want to see someone young brought in that has already developed or needs a seasons or two to do so. not somebody who is losing what they have developed.

and dont compare this to the roberto carlos signing by saying look how good he has done for us. roberto carlos is 1 in a million. josico...not

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
well i started out really negative with Deivid, and look how he turned out, so I will not judge him until his performances. But sounds like a decent transfer. Welcome Josico.

·
*the drum drum*
42,879 Posts
Deivid needed time to settle and was always showing positive signs.

If this guy needs time to settle, he'll be close to retirement and have aching joints by the time he does :D

Sorry to be skeptical, but this seems like something designed to help each other earn a little money.

·
*the drum drum*
42,879 Posts
Boomting?

English of the international variety, please :D

First thing that popped into my mind was Boumsong.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts