Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) I can't use words to express my feeling after the thrilling win:star:, so I make this one. After all, you can't say that the store with only one item should be shut down. :D

Anyone like it, just FREE!:D ;)

Attachments

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
thank you, joshua... :D

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I have been coming to Xtratime for four years but I still do not understand avatars. I do not know how you make them, reduce them, or have them near your name. I have always wanted one but when I have asked, the directions I have received have not been very thorough for someone who is not greatly computer literate.

It was only this week that I learnt what a 'sticky thread' is thanks to Carson's concise explanation. Maybe in another four years time I will understand and have an avatar.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Senna01 said:
I have been coming to Xtratime for four years but I still do not understand avatars. I do not know how you make them, reduce them, or have them near your name. I have always wanted one but when I have asked, the directions I have received have not been very thorough for someone who is not greatly computer literate.

It was only this week that I learnt what a 'sticky thread' is thanks to Carson's concise explanation. Maybe in another four years time I will understand and have an avatar.
Senna, is that the reason why you have not designate a avatar beside your name?? No, I think there must be a reason cooler for that because Without Avatar is the so unique in Forum ;) :cool:

Four years? If you like, Four minutes , trust me.:)

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
:)
I never thought of my not having an avatar as being unique Joshua. Perhaps I will not ask you to help with me with one afterall. If i do decide to conform, I will message you.

By the way, your comment:

"Four years? If you like, Four minutes , trust me.:)"

was rather cool.

I will most definitely keep it in mind.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anytime;)

I think the guys here who make avatar themselves will have the same feeling of what I have said about 4 min . It's really some simple procedures .

For example, I make it with Photoshop. I think 5.5 or higher is good because you can use a twin software named ImageReady
bound with it and ImageReady just makes the pics changes.

Choose the pics you like and collect them in a PSD file (Photoshop Document File) and you will see they pile up in layers. (to find them in Layers Palette).

Open the PSD file in ImageReady and to find Animation Palette . Click the Duplicates Current Frame button and you will see several pic frames displayed in palette and each pic is just a frame you see in the final animation avatar.

Then, it is easy to click and select each frame and let it display the right layer in Layers Palette you want.

In Optimize Palette, to choose GIF and 256 colors, and select Transparency, etc and FINALLY, click File/ Save Optimized As to produce your own lovely avatar, such as MARTINS.GIF.;)

Just do it and when you are exprienced in it, don't forget to place a stopwatch to see if it is just 4 mins or less to make it!:cool: :D

Perhaps I haven't express myself right and clear, but never mind, just messege me, anytime

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Joshua Lew said:
Anytime;)

I think the guys here who make avatar themselves will have the same feeling of what I have said about 4 min . It's really some simple procedures .

For example, I make it with Photoshop. I think 5.5 or higher is good because you can use a twin software named ImageReady
bound with it and ImageReady just makes the pics changes.

Choose the pics you like and collect them in a PSD file (Photoshop Document File) and you will see they pile up in layers. (to find them in Layers Palette).

Open the PSD file in ImageReady and to find Animation Palette . Click the Duplicates Current Frame button and you will see several pic frames displayed in palette and each pic is just a frame you see in the final animation avatar.

Then, it is easy to click and select each frame and let it display the right layer in Layers Palette you want.

In Optimize Palette, to choose GIF and 256 colors, and select Transparency, etc and FINALLY, click File/ Save Optimized As to produce your own lovely avatar, such as MARTINS.GIF.;)

Just do it and when you are exprienced in it, don't forget to place a stopwatch to see if it is just 4 mins or less to make it!:cool: :D

Perhaps I haven't express myself right and clear, but never mind, just messege me, anytime
Hey man u are really a nice person, or maybe u are a teacher by nature.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alter Ego said:
Hey man u are really a nice person, or maybe u are a teacher by nature.
Your words is really nice, too;). I am sorry I am not a teacher but in the English-spoken test today I just say to the officer that People are born just to communicate. I really don't know if it is the right express, but I just have the strong desire to say it out.

jack goff said:
didnt work :D
Ok, where did u pause, Jack, and I want to know it badly:cool: :D

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Handoyo said:
Joshua, is your current avatar related to 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms'??? ;)
I think it is because a famous knight named ZHANG FEI is in it!:cool: I make the avatar in order to dream Rings' director Jackson to make the next masterpiece according to the script story of THREE KINGDOMS. It will be the next miracle I think.:cool:

Handoyo said:
Btw, I think you should fix the timing from one pic to another in that Martins avatar. ;)
in fact, first time I finish the avatar, the inter-time is the same, but I just think Martins will exhaust in that style!:D

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I never go through the newspaper so I don't know them very well:D But to say the truth, I NEVER read the chefdoeuvre (I mean Masterpiece of Kingdoms Three) for once entirely. Really a shame to say that. :sleepy: :depress:

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
:eek::eekani: And you are a Chinese!?!?!? You should go and read them. :) I don't read the novel but once there was a comic of it and I bought the whole series (10 series) and I totally enjoy it. I must admit my decision was influenced by a video game. :D Highly recommended!!! :thumbsup:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
you mean the comic Romance of the 3 kingdoms. yes... i want to get that one also. It saves time trying to know the WHOLE thing. Nowdays Sun Tzu and 36 strategies also comes with Comics.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what we are talking about? Don't forget, this is a FREE stuff store.

Intro for new item! :cool:

I have learned how to get fun due to Milanista's demostration, thanx! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts