Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has revealed that he would contemplate the possibility of coaching Bayern Munich one day.

The Blues boss has admitted that he is a fan of the Bundesliga and follows proceedings quite closely.

"I like the German league and have been in Germany on many occasions," Mourinho told German newspaper Bild.

"I keep a close eye on German football and it would be a big challenge for me."

But the Portuguese tactician admits that coaching in Germany would take some geting used to, especially with regards learning the language.

"I could certainly imagine coaching Bayern Munich, but they would have to ask me one year in advance to allow me to do a German crash course."

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Do you mean that you don't care if Magath leaves?

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
With Magath we finally lost that FC Hollywood image. If Mourinho comes it would be back and on a way higher level :irritate: :thmbdown:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I don't like the man. I think he is arrogant and petulant. But he he brings refreshing technique and innovation to a league stale with programs that are 10 years out of date. I would welcome Mourihno to Bayern. At least he has attitude, something lacking in Magath who scarcely showed any anger in his team's early Champions League departure.

·
Super
4,283 Posts
Mourihno is a bit of cocky. But, I figure he did take teams to win titles. So he has something to be cocky about. I'll give him a chance to coach Bayern and see how he does.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Mourinho is probably the best active manager in the game today. No questions about it. And he is an entertainer. A wonderfully invigorating one at that. :D

Bayern would only benefit from him being here.

And Andor, i dont agree. While Mourinho may be a bit of a showman, he is also a strict disciplinarian. He rarely lets his players even toe the line. He'd keep Bayern's stars in check and we would lose more than the FC Hollywood image, believe you me.

As it is, its not going to happen, anytime soon.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you think Magath is arrogant Mourinho takes it to another level. But with that said it would be interesting to see him coaching Bayern. His time at Porto impressed me more than at Chelsea he knows what he is doing.

·
Banned
411 Posts
I don't like Bayern to be FC Arrogant like Mourinho is. He even wasn't a football player and his time with Porto was just lucky. They had a good squad, for example deco, Derlei or Paulo Ferreira, the are all gone. And with this squad he should win everythink with chelsea, but they only won/will win Premier Leauge season. No Cahmpions Leauge and no other cups in england

·
Super
4,283 Posts
Now you sounded like Mourinho has no value whatsoever. Come on, he took Porto to the CL title. Sure there were some good players on the team, but all the winners have some good players. No team will win the title with bad players. Besides, if a team wins, then the players on the team won't be bad anyway. All in all, I think people should give some credit to Mourinho which he deserves.

·
Banned
411 Posts
For me one of the best Trainer ever, was Ottmar Hitzfeld. He won the CL titel with Dortmund and with Bayern, and also Bundesligstitels and so on. For me that's one of the best Trainer of the world. I think Porto just had a good time, a very strong squad and big luck. Mourinho I don't rate as a good coach. Let a boxer or a schoolteacher be the coach of chelsea, the surely will get Premier Leauge titel with this good squad. Not less and not more just like Mourinho. But that what Hitzfeld had done that was just brilliant

·
Super
4,283 Posts
You sounded like Bayern doesn't have a good squad to win the Bundesliga. They are by far the strongest in Germany. If you ask Mourinho to coach Bayern, then they will win too. Besides, it's even more impressive to take Porto to the CL title than taking Bayern. After all, Bayern is a bigger club than Porto. Bayern is considered one of the elite clubs in Europe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts