Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
27,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
0 goals in 26 league appearences for Atletico in 2007/2008.

Does he play as a centre back now?

I have not seen a single game of ATletico in the last season, can someone explain what has happened to this guy.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Real Madrid screwed him big time.

He fought Arsenal for them, scored 2 goals in their most importnat game of the season, was expected to be treated as a hero, and end up giving the boot.

I feel for him, he looks depressed.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Real Madrid screwed him big time.

He fought Arsenal for them, scored 2 goals in their most importnat game of the season, was expected to be treated as a hero, and end up giving the boot.

I feel for him, he looks depressed.
Jose Antonio Reyes was on LOAN at Real Madrid from the Arsenal. Real Madrid chose not to pay the 18 M Euro fixed fee in the loan deal. The Arsenal chose to sell him to Atletico Madrid after.

Get your facts straight, we never owned this player, so we couldn't have screwed him.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Used to like him. Not so much now though. I dont really get what happened to him either, he never should have left Sevilla I guess.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Jose Antonio Reyes was on LOAN at Real Madrid from the Arsenal. Real Madrid chose not to pay the 18 M Euro fixed fee in the loan deal. The Arsenal chose to sell him to Atletico Madrid after.

Get your facts straight, we never owned this player, so we couldn't have screwed him.
I remember Madrid-Arsenal saga over him. Real did everything possible to unsattele him at Arsenal. Finally they were successful with that loan deal at the last day of the transfere market. He then refused to go back to Arsenal becuae he wanted to play for his dream team Madrid after Schuster promised him a place in his team, probably just a dirty tactic to lower his price and pressure Arsenal to sell him cheap. Madrid then offer Arsenal 9 mil only or a straight swab with Baptista which Arsenal declined. After it all failed they turned their back on him and claimed it was expensive deal and he wasn't needed and then went to buy an even more expensive injury prone winger.

You offered 10 Mil only (almost half the fixed price in the loan deal) hoping Arsenal would bend over with your dirt tactics. He was eventually sold for 12 Mil Euro only. :rollani:
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11838_2632489,00.html

It seems you have short memory:

AS says we have raised our offer for Reyes from 8 M Euros to a final offer of 10 M Euros. Either the Arsenal accept or Mijatovic will move on.

http://www.as.com/articulo/futbol/Madrid/sube/oferta/Reyes/millones/dasftb/20070718dasdaiftb_28/Tes/

Reyes had an interview with AS as well.

"Wenger knows I do not want to stay and all I think about is Real Madrid." :proud:

SIGN THIS BOY ALREADY!

Here is more samples of your own fans views about the deal:

I really dont get it. Why in the world are Calderon and Pedja being pricks about paying 2m extra for a classy player thats practically dying for us? A committed and happy Reyes is a jewel of a player, lets just effing get him for Pete's sake :mad:
This is apalling, the kid is practically dying to play for us and we cant spend a lousy 12m for him when we spent 30 on some guy nobody's ever heard of? Unbelievable.

Am I the only one who thinks we made a hash of things with Reyes? I mean he's cost Atletico what, 8 mil pounds?? That's peanuts for a left winger of his quality. This is a guy who is pacy, can dribble, moves well off the ball, has fantastic technique - pretty much everything you want from a winger. All he needs to be fed is a little confidence and appreciation. Which surely he deserved from RMCF after his heroics just over a month back.
A really talented ,versatile and a madridista player who was avialable for peanuts

**** u calderon and pedja ....its robben's turn sobs and continue wanking on kaka assholes

SOB calderon and pedja hurt madridista,again!!!!!

frist jurado , now reyes ,who is next one ?

now i only hope reyes can make a freekick goal before RM at frist round in new season
We splash 30 M Euros on a relatively unknown, uncapped defender while carping on a few millions for a spanish international who lives & dies by the badge? Disgusting.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
He never got a full run because Simao was understandably ahead of him in the pecking order. Whenever he got a chance he made sure he got a red card and his loud mouth did not go well with the coach. He mellowed down as the season passed by and now the coach said he count him for the next season and hence he stays. I hope he will perform better this time.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
he is mentally challenged, but he is good player and would be a good gamble to sign him this summer. The truth is Madrid ****ed him over, they did the exact same thing to him as they are doing to Cristiano, they made him push his move from Arsenal and when they could have bought him they simply threw him away for other players.

Silly decision considering how short Madrid was in the wings.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
He would've been better if had sticked with Arsenal and beleived in Wenger.

We wanted him to stay even when he was consistently expressing his disgusting love for Madrid throughout the saga. Was an idiot.

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
He would've been better if had sticked with Arsenal and beleived in Wenger.

We wanted him to stay even when he was consistently expressing his disgusting love for Madrid throughout the saga. Was an idiot.
True. He's ruined his own career.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
I'd give him next season, just because I know he's got the talent, it looks like Atléti will give him that chance as well, now let's see if he's sold or not in the summer.

He didn't have a full pre-season with Atléti and he has no confidence at the moment.

Let's see if he can do something next season, Cerezo will hopefully hold his word.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
As much as one can say that Real Madrid screwed him, he was also quite an idiot and he burnt his own bridges. The fact is after Real Madrid decided not to keep him, he could never go back to Arsenal after some of things he said and did. Always showing your dying love to play for Madrid is not the best way to get the Aresnal fans to love you.

I do admit though he was not given a true chance at Real Madrid. First of all he played for us the season that Capello was in charge and we all know that Capello wanted everyone to defend when it was required, even the ball boys. It was ridicilous. Even Robinho had an off season because of this anti-football approach. Even so Reyes showed glimmers of hope and flash, but I guess not enough for the Real Madrid directors. Such a shame really because he had huge potential. He did kind of seem to me to be a little needy. The moment he was picked or did not feel appreciated he would get into a depression. This is probably what has affected his career most. He seems to have the same Andalucian sickness that Navas suffers from.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I think Reyes needs to go like Cassano to a small club where he will be a big player like his time at Seville to reach his potential. There is no denying he is a brilliant player but he needs a side where the team will be built around him for him to shine.

Reyes needs to make a smart career move to kick start his career

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
the curse of leaving the Arsenal strikes again, no player is ever the same. ;)

·
Major
1,342 Posts
well madrid attracted him to spain and screwed his life for sure.i think he couldnt step up to a big club with huge pressures.he should have never left the comfort of arsenal or for that matter sevilla.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts