8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well?

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry.

The minute i started that thread my PC went nuts! i am surpised it actually posted.

Poll is up.

Juanele,

I am not underestimating Mallorca, my "well" is more of does it really matter? :eek: we need to seal second place incase we lose on May 15th. I can't see Valencia not winning one of the next two games :(

·
Registered
526 Posts
Mo,

Mallorca has been horribly incosistent this season. I don't see them posing much of a problem to you. However, you guys to seem to stink up the league match after a CL match so who knows. I do think the league will go down to the last match. I don't see Valencia winning in Malaga. What will really be interesting is if Betis beats Depor this weekend. That'll make for an exciting last weekend.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
You are right Juanele, Mallorca was the last team to beat us at the Bernabeu where we have a mighty impressive streak going on :)

I think Mallorca will fight very hard for this match and get at least a goal. But knowing how they get trashed away from home usually we shouldnt drop points.

Gotto get to work now! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have no choice.if we want to win liga we should win this match .i think we could still win Liga .Malaga and Betis will be great teams with Valencia as they were with us.as Malaga have Uefa spot in their mind while Betis has CL .

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I voted draw

40% draw
30% for win or loss are my odds

I think subconsciously the team has given up on liga, and will be looking ahead to Final and the WC

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I voted a win again, of course. :tongue:

Make no mistakes, this is gonna be a harder match, if not as hard, as the last one in Anoeta. Mallorca needed the points for survival; us for the fading title challenge. Another point should secure us at a lowest spot of 3rd at the end of season.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
A win:star:

Mallorca were the last team to beat us at home in the league of course, that was back in November 2000:proud::eek: Depor has achieved this feat since, as we all tend to forget:rolleyes::depress:

This is gonna be a hard fought win by our boys, but Mallorca aren't capable of taking the points i believe. I am strongly convinced the league will once again go down to the last game of the season, so we need to win on sunday!
Juanele agrees with me, that Malaga will put up a good fight, and take a point at least.
I'm not debating wether we'll still win the league, but the celebration will have to wait for Valencia.
The players should be rested and fit for this game, especially Zidane who needs to orchestrate the attacks:hopefull: I respect Mallorca, but Mallorca ended 3rd in the league, this Mallorca may yet be playing the likes of Leganes next season:eek: We need this win to shut the critics too. At last we have a home game after the difficulties of a mid-week ChL clash, and I'm optimistic.

Depor need to win on sunday, cause it'd be better if they had the 3rd place secured by day 38, cause we don't need a galant and fighting Depor in the Riazor (I'm assuming it'll go down to week 38, if not, it's all academic:eek:).

Two things still interest me in this league - our championship, and Barca's exit to UEFA Cup, where they belong:howler:

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
although I am too afraid to say it and put the kiss of death on it,I too think Malaga are gonna trouble Valencia.They've still got a UEFA Cup spot to fight for,but i hate what Pieiro said abt Valencia deserving the league before playing them.:mad:

Real should win this,even though Mallorca are desperate.The full team should be out there,although Zizou is being troubled by an injury i believe>?

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Match Preview by soccer age, no expected line-up though :(

My guess is Figo will be rested, and i don't think Moro is fit yet, so look for a possible 4-2-2-2 with Pavon in D, Solari and Zidane in midfield, and Guti and Raul upfront. Another option might be Macca for Solari, or a diamond with Helguera in D, and Macca, Solari and Zidane in midfield. Is anyone suspended?

Portillo might get a chance today as well, don't be too surprised.

On to the preview:

While there is still a chance, Real Madrid will believe they can win La Liga, but realistically just one trophy remains on the table- the European Cup.

Last week's 3-0 debacle against Real Sociedad at the Anoeta saw the Merengues fall four points behind Valencia with just two games to play. Should the Ches beat Malaga this weekend, Vicente Del Bosque's side will have to settle for second spot.

Against Barcelona in midweek they put in another mediocre performance and were lucky to get away with the draw. They handed the Catalans the initiative from the start and were fortunate not to concede more than the one goal. Luis Figo was a major disappointment and was eventually substituted for Steve McManaman. The Portuguese international was accused of a lack of effort against Sociedad last week, and he hardly confounded the critics with his performance against his former club. However, he and his side made it through and they will now face Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League final on May 15.

The rumours continue to persist about the future of Roberto Carlos who has performed below his normal high standards in recent months. The Brazilian has been quoted as saying that he is keeping himself fresh for the World Cup. If he's trying to endear himself to the Real faithful, this is surely not the way to go about it. Every few weeks he is linked with a move back to former club Inter Milan and there appears to be certain interest from the Nerazzurri. However, any approach is likely to be rebuffed by Real who are hardly in the habit of selling off their best players.

These may be desperate times for Mallorca, but what a strange time for them to sack their coach. On Monday, Sergio Kresic was given the boot after a run of just one win in seven matches that had seen his side plunged back into the bottom-three. The common consensus was that he lacked personality and the Mallorca board wanted to attempt one last throw of the dice at avoiding relegation. The Croatian hardly helped his cause with a particular substitution he made in last week's defeat at home to Betis. Following the first-half dismissal of goalkeeper Leo Franco, Kresic decided to take the team's playmaker Ariel Ibagaza off to a chorus of jeers and whistles. Trailing the fans expected a defensive player to make way but the coach had other ideas.

Should the islanders go down, it is almost inevitable that they'll be forced to sell star strikers Albert Luque and Samuel Eto'o. They'll be no shortage of takers for the pair, and Mallorca stand to make in excess of £30 million. With this money they'll be able to rebuild the side and perhaps make the squad a little deeper.

FORM GUIDE

Real Madrid Last Six Matches: WLWWLD

The midweek draw against Barcelona sent the Merengues through to their third Champions League final in five years. Liga defeats at Osasuna and Real Sociedad, though, have all but ensured that Del Bosque's side will not be retaining the title. In between these two hidings they thrashed Tenerife 4-1 at the Bernabeu.

Mallorca Last Six Matches: LWLDDL

The only recent victory came against Espanyol at the Son Moix, with Eto'o and Luque on target. Since then they've been thrashed by Deportivo, drawn with Valencia and Malaga and sent packing by Betis.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Raul (Real Madrid)- the Spanish international is very much a player of streaks. On Wednesday he notched his first goal in 13 games with a stunning first-half effort that flew past Roberto Bonano and it would be no surprise to see him on target again this weekend to help his side in their hour of need.

Samuel Eto'o (Mallorca)- The Cameroon international has been in the news this week, with reports suggesting he had assaulted his former agent. He'll need to put all that behind him against Real because his side desperately need he and strike partner Luque to perform if they are to stand any chance of avoiding the drop.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Madrid sin Zidane

Equipos probables
Real Madrid: César; Salgado, Hierro, Helguera, Roberto Carlos; Makelele, Flavio; Figo, Raúl, Solari y Guti.
Mallorca: Leo Franco; Olaizola, Siviero, Nadal, Miquel Soler; Novo, Engonga, Marcos, Ibagaza; Luque y Eto'o.
Arbitro: Fernández Marín (Colegio Valenciano).
Estadio: Santiago Bernabéu.
Hora: 20:00.

Madrid should secure the three points in this one. :D

Even though they miss Zidane and are clutcing to straws in the league, Madrid simply have to win, to keep the liga dream alive...

Let`s just keep Glasgow and Vieira off our minds, shall we?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
There goes La liga.. :depress:
Full time score 1-1, Valencia beat Malaga 2-0. I have to admit, Valencia are strutting their stuff this season, and are worthy winners. Congrats :)
I just read that Zidane had bruised ribs! ouch? :eek:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
If the reports are right, I think we should win this one (Guti missed 3 scoring chances!). However, here we are, 1 point out of it and we got ourselves a battle for 2nd spot next weekend! :(

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Clifford i wouldnt be suprised if those reports were true, Guti is just a HORRIBLE striker and always misses at least two clear chances. What i dont get it why he is played as the striker when Raúl is on the pitch, we all know Guti is a better support then pure striker :mad:

Well the problem is we will probably end up 3rd in the league and thats just embarrasing considering what we had going this season :(

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Actually, I'm pretty happy by the overall standings. We DEFINITELY didn't expect to even have a shot at the league title after our dismal start. In a way, i think that we have over achieved :proud: and made a point to show the rest of the world how we can come back :proud:.
I guess the bad start to the season could also be at fault for losing the league.. (not enuff wins earlier on).

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
real fan said:
...show the rest of the world how we can come back...
Don't talk to me about come back. I feel this team of ours do not posesse this spirit anymore. Most matches were won by virtue of good teamwork (on that day) or sheer indivdualism. When was the last match when we were behind and we fought back to a draw or even victory?

If there's even one bit of come back spirit, we would have either the Copa del Rey or Liga title in our hands...

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Micke, Guti is having a horible patch now, but overall he's not that bad a finisher. Not great though either.

real fan, stop kidding yourself. The whole world believed the press and expected us to win everything this year... nobody remembers our start, or the circumstances. The world will judge us by the results, and we have nothing to be proud of. The way we couldn't secure 2nd place against Mallorca is just PATHETIC - like Micke said. We're hopeless lately...

We better win the final, or we're seriously fuc*ed.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Are we playing this game with our third stringers ??? Why not ... We need to have the First Team in one piece for the CL Final ..

:eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts