• A Loss :cry:

Votes: 5 35.7%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back to business guys! ;)

As we know, we have 3 weeks of Liga left and 3 games we must win if we want to retain our title. I know many must feel that we have a good chance now to make CL final and need to focus on winning that final, but we all know anything could happen and thats not how we should approach our matches.

We need to focus on each game of the 4 we have left, 5 if we make the CL final.

As what happened against Bayern, again i say that our team usually stinks up if we play a more casual game (Liga game against a team low in the table), after scoring an amazing win. PLEASE Del B, don't fall in the same trap you did against Osasuna!!!

I think we need to rest some players for this game, not all, but we shouldn't send our complete starter team who will a) be tired, b) lack motivation. We are still counting on Valencia to slip up and to do that we need to keep the pressure by winning, winning and winning.

I am not sure who is suspended, but i would go with:

Cesar (continue to build the confidence he regained after the Barca game. As much as i prefer Iker, now is not the time for change)

Salgado/Geremi - Hierro - Pavon - Roberto Carlos

Figo - Flavio/Makelele - Helguera - Macca

Raul - Guti

Savio and Munitis could feature as well.

Thats how i would call it, lets see what Del Bosque is planning.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
i predict a lose inshallah..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Guti, Hierro and Pavon as suspended for this match.
I guess Morientes will be back in front and Helguera and Karanka we'll play in the back.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks halamad,

Well, i don't know if Moro will be fit or not. We might get to see Savio or Munitis get alot of playing time then, maybe.

We might also go with one striker in Raul.

Helguera and Karanka will start in the back, i agree, if Hierro and Pavon are suspended.

yRK,

Thanks for sharing your ever insightful views.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I consider this game, and last nights game to be the two deciders to our season.
1) because losing to Barca is always a humiliation, and you can never feel good if you do that, no matter what
2) the last medicore opponent we face this season on the road.

I'm not worried about Mallorca, cause at home we're safe and dry, and not worried about the rest, cause they're opponents you get pumped up for.
But Real Sociedad? Damnit, the ANOETA has never been kind to us. Fortunately they have 40 points(?), and are still outside of the relegation zone... so it's not a do or die game for them. That leaves us with some hope... maybe they'll get scared or whatever.
The game v Osasuna was a perfect example of how this crap works... you beat Bayern, and lose in Pamplona:irritate:
Is this game on sunday, cause the longer we rest after last night, the better:hopefull:
We need to get motivated, problem is how?

I won't predict, because I haven't a clue. If we win, we still have a chance... if we lose, well... it's tuff. Valencia might drop points to Espanyol, but more likely is them dropping them in Malaga next week:hopefull::drool: We need to be ready to pounce... but how del bosque intends to get them fired up against the likes of Luiz Alberto, Tayfun or Aranzabal I do not know:eek:
Let's hope they find a way...

·
Registered
18 Posts
The match kicks off at 21:30 Spanish time (20:30 GMT) on Saturday.
It's gonna be Reeeeallly tough. Real Sociedad is performing consistently well at home since they fired Toshack, and, as we saw against Osasuna, we tend to play badly after an important Champions League match. We´ll see...

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
The match is tricky in the sense that we gotta introduce fresh players to rest some tired legs I saw in the match yesterday. But in the meantime we can't afford to lose this one so ... :irritate:

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I dont know,I just dont have a good feeling about this game.:eek: I hate these visits to lowly clubs,because the players just don't seem to motivate themselves.Toshack is always singing our praises so maybe they'll be scared of us.:hopefull: And not come at us,because the guys seem to get rattled when they see lowly teams coming at them.:nervous:

Guti,Hierro and Pavon suspended?:eekani: man,that is a killer blow.:cry: Especially Hierro and Pavon,our preferred partnership in defence.I guess we'll have to bring back Karanka.

Guys,Karanka-Helguera is not sth I trust,so i say we go with the formation we played against Barca.With 3 across the back and Helguera as sweeper.That'd mean a return for Campo:eekani: But I think that's a safer bet than Helguera-Karanka.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
Im with Labas in that these games Vs poor opponents are always tricky...for a show some of the games we have played in the Copa del Rey agains "unknowns" where it took a celestial inspiration to win ...,,BUT...we cant settle for less than a WIN and a Win it has to be... :howler:
So...Merengues...get your caca together..and lets show Sociedad who we are ... The Elite Of The Soccer World !!!

:smileani:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I voted WIn

Still feeling the Hang over from our great victory!
I think most of the players who participated in the game probable fill the same way. This might be a very tough game and I suggest we make whole sale changes and take the risk of putting la liga on the line at home.

------------------------Cesar

Minambres----Karanka----Pavon----Bravo

Figo-------Flavio----------Guti----Macca

---------------Raul-
------------------------Morientes

Bench
Solari
Munitis
Salgado
Cesar
Zizou.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Che,

As halamad said, Guti is suspended.

Look for Savio or Munitis to get alot of playing time.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
At least now we know Che just visits Xtratime in order to voice his opinion, not to hear others' out:howler::D:D:D:devil::tongue:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've just read Marca. They say Del Bosque will start with:

César; Salgado, Helguera, Karanka, Roberto Carlos; Makelele, Flavio; Figo, Raúl, Zidane and Munitis

Solari is not 100% recovered, but he should make it to next wednesday.

I don't particularly like the Makelele-Flavio pair (not much creativity there) but it seems there aren't many options left.

I'd also prefer Savio to Munitis.

I expect R.Sociedad to press strongly in the midfield (pretty much like Osasuna did a few weeks ago), and try to score soon. I'm confident in their defence line though (one of the worst in the Liga ). :)

We'll see...

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would rather rest Zidane for this match actually, go with a 4-2-2-2, with Figo on the right, Macca on the left (what will it take for Del B to play him more! :frustrat: ) , and Raul and Savio/Munitis upfront.

Nontheless, we need 3 points today and thats that.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
I would go like this:

____________César
_______Campo____Karanka
___________Helguera
Salgado________________Carlos
___________Makelele
___________Raul
______Figo_______Macca
___________Savio

:confused: :cool:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
What about Guti!

we MUST start Guti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :tongue: :)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
how about Pavon?the guy's still injured? seems Karanka on is a no-way choice.

btw, guys,pls update the match report.i couldnt watch.:frustrat:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Terrible things happening in Mestalla!

Valencia are down 1-0 with a very questionable PK, and have Carboni sent off (just).

The PK looks alot like the one France beat Portugal with in E2K. Its a very harsh call IMO, and now we won't hear the end of the comments :(

The sending off was justified though. Very stupid elbow by Carboni.

we are on 0-0 after 35 minutes. Salgado booked.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
dont worry vampire.that must not hint the ref problem.but i wanna know how the team of valencia reacted by the judgement.

btw,your new avatar is quite cool.:cool:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kan,

The ref is making Valencia sweat. He isn't calling anything wrong as much as never giving them any benefit of doubt (i.e. never calling any free-kicks for them unless he 100% sure). They are diving too much and ill tempered already, but again, the PK was very harsh and i can understand that temper.

However, we have been useless in the first half according to Realmadrid.com :frustrat: so it might mean anything if Valencia slipped. Mind you Valencia are putting alot of pressure right now.

The Avatar is Sir Auron from Final Fantasy X, one of the coolest charectors ever :cool:

Once again, full thanks to :star: Utopia :star: for helping me with this avatar! :happy:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts