Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We should win this game. Though Tenerife are fighting relegation, its at home and at a stage where we can't take it lightly.

Many players might be thinking of the Barca game though. I still think we should bench Raul for this match, and i want to see anyone, anything playing instead of Salgado. at least show the guy he might lose his place! :frustrat:

Helguera is suspended for sure, not sure yet of who else. We need to depend on Figo alot and maybe even play ZZ only 2/3 of the game, since Figo will sit out the CL game.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,480 Posts
No more slip-ups :( will be allowed !!! Those whon dont comply will be sent to the Farm Team in La Mancha !!!! :howler:
We have to win this one and Im counting on the 3 points...

:hopefull:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I've been voting for a win since the last 2 matches not because we'll win but we must win!!! :nervous:

In one stage we had the Liga's fate in our own hands and now we need to pray for any slip-ups by Valencia and Depor to get back in that position again.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
a win, and a darw for the Valencia and depor game, would be what the doctor order

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Most of our players have a week, ok not most, but those who aren't internationals:frustrat: Meaning most don't get to rest:yuck: When was the last time these guys had a week off?:eek:

Oh well, this game is pretty important. I say we field a full strengthed squad, and win it quickly so the vital men can be subbed. Easier said than done. But definitely not worth the risk of ommiting Raul and others.
If we fail to grab 3 points, the title is officially not ours, we know that. So I can't see this game being treated lightly by anyone. And it won't... the real trouble will come next week in San Sebastian, in between the derbi matches:frustrat: We need a result in the Camp Nou, or it'll be trecherous.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
well,I just saw france-Russia,and man was I pissed to see Zizou playing the full 90 minutes.:mad:

Can we possibly slip up?:nervous:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I voted WIn

I see this as
50% win
30% draw
20% loss

La liga has taught us one thing that no club can be considered an easy 3 points! especially after last weekend!

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Positive words from ZZ, worth a read.

There is no doubt for Zinedine Zidane: I am not saving myself for the World Cup. The decisive final stretch of the season is coming near and there is a lot at stake for Real Madrid. In view of that, 'Zizou' is ready to do everything for his squad, without giving a thought, for the time being, to the world sports event in Japan and Korea. "There is no way we can slow down now, what we must do is to step on the gas. The season begins now, and I'm not missing a thing because I want to win. I'm going to focus on Real Madrid, and, after that, there will be a time to think about the World Cup", said Zidane in Clairefontaine, where he is preparing with the French national team.
Madrid number '5' also talked about the furiously-paced schedule for the next few weeks, which might bring the players some injuries, as it has been the case of his national team fellow Robert Pires (who will be absent from Japan and Korea due to a knee injury) or England's David Beckahm. "Now you have to be a lot more careful, but we cannot afford nine months of hard work if we lose our most significant achievement during the last month", he said.
Whatever the case, 'Zizou' admits having been through a bad physical moment. "It comes a time when you need to slow it down. I had a bit of a drop in my performance over February and March, but now I am fine to finish the season in good conditions", pointed out the French player.

Zidane also assures he "trusts the referees", whose job is "to protect the players" against those actions involving some danger.

Once the campaign with Real Madrid is through, it will be time to think about the recovery, for which the international star has no secret formula. "I will be resting and pay more attention to my diet. There is no magic recipe. Just a healthy lifestyle, which is what helped me before France's World Cup and Holland and Belgium's Eurocup, so I will try this again", he stated.

Besides, Zidane points out that he needs some calm in order to perform to his best. "At the beginning everybody was around me in Madrid. I said to myself that if that situation went on, I would leave, even though I positively know that I wouldn't! Then, everything got back to normal", concluded Zinedine. Realmadrid.com

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Zidane is optimistic, but there's no real basis for this kind of optimism. The calendar is trecherous, there's no way to hide that fact. Injuries will come, and let's just hope they aren't the deciding factor in the championships to be won or lost.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another positive sign (i hope) is Raul scoring twice against N.Ireland. Granted, not the toughest opponent in the world, but it means Raul finally nets one since a month ago against Celta. I hope he is back now, he usually does step well against Barca. We will need that in the semis.

Moro scored as well in the NT game :)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
even if we win the rest 4 matches,we must see the valencia's results.we are being holding down.a win is for sure.

and id like to know who would play goalie this weekend. whatever Cesar in fine status or not,Del B should ask Casi on for world cup warmup.Cesar would be hardly come to asia.

·
Premier Player
3,328 Posts
I hope Real wins both liga and CL....but please, don't break Zizou!!!

After the loss of Pires, we just can't afford to lose Zizou for the world cup...

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
France without ZZ would be very funny to see :tongue:

Another worry we got is that Tenerife will do everything to get a result here which might mean playing nasty :yuck: I suggest we rest a guy like Makelele cause he will just get beat up so much it might affect him in the Barca game. Celades is a OK fighter on his own, start him.

I think we should win here but hopefully for a low cost....

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I'd put pout this lineup:

4-5-1
GK:Casillas
Defence:Salgado,Hierro,Pavon(if fit),Carlos

Midfield:Figo,Flavio,Helguera,Guti,Savio

Moro up front as the lone striker with Guti in support.

If Pavon is unfit,I'd play Karanka or maybe move Helguera to defence and bring in Celades.

I think whatever lineup we play(or atleast any lineup that makes sense) we should win,and it's a good chance to rest guys like Zizou,Raul,Solari,who have played so many games over the last couple of months without any rest.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Pavon lays down Real challenge

Friday 19th April 2002

Real Madrid defender Francisco Pavon has warned that his side can not afford any more slip ups when they take on Tenerife at the Bernabeu on Saturday.

Madrid missed the chance to move clear of Valencia at the top of the table last Sunday when they were surprisingly beaten 3-1 by Osasuna.

And Pavon warned that Madrid must not rely on winning their home games if they are to be crowned champions again in May.

"We have the chance to win two trophies and we cannot fail in any of our games from now until the end of the season," he continued.

"Although it does not depend on our performances along, I believe that if we were to win our remaining four matches then we would win the league.

"Only winning home games is not sufficient. But we have to return to winning ways against Tenerife.

"They will be fighting very hard when they come to Madrid, because they are desperate to secure their place in the first division for next season."

Steve McManaman is set to replace Santiago Solari in the side, while Zinedine Zidane will play despite not being fully fit and Claude Makelele is back after gastroentiritis.

Luis Figo and Fernando Morientes could not complete training on Friday following a hectic week on the international front, but both are due to start against Tenerife.

For Tenerife, Bichi Fuertes is waiting to hear from the Spanish Disciplinary Committee who are reviewing his suspension, while Julio Iglesias is set to be replaced by Sergio Aragoneses in goal.

_______________-

Come on Del B,show some faith in this squad.:depress: Why play Zizou if he's not fully fit with such an important game coming up,that too on Tuesday and not Wednesday.He played the full game against Russia,he really needs a break.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
The Merengue said:
Pavon lays down Real challenge

Why play Zizou if he's not fully fit with such an important game coming up,that too on Tuesday and not Wednesday.He played the full game against Russia,he really needs a break.
F*CKING LEMERRE!

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
There are no weak teams at this stage of championship, Del Bosque says

MADRID, April 20 (DS) - On the threshold of the match Real Madrid v Tenerife, the AS newspaper correspondent conducted an interview with Royal Club head coach Vicente Del Bosque, excerpts of which are presented below:
(Q) - Are you going to field Zidane and Morientes in Saturday's match against Tenerife taking into account the fact that Real will play against Barcelona in the Champions League semifinal?
(A) - At this stage the game against Tenerife is of big importance to us.
(Q) - Do you think Sunday's match between Valencia and Deportivo is pivotal for the championship result?
(A) - Yes, I do. The result of this game will mainly determine who will become the champion.
(Q) - It was found out in the match against Osasuna that the teams that are fighting for survival are very dangerous rivals.
(A) - At this phrase of the championship all teams are struggling for something and none of them is weak. The bottom-of-the-table teams are very decisive because their struggle for staying in the first division is equal to winning the champion's title.
(Q) - If you don't become a champion will you consider it to be a big failure?
(A) - I am reluctant to talk about it until the end of the championship. I'd like to mention that many big European clubs that possess reliable financial means are not participating in the Champions League now. Besides, they are not taking part in the fight for the champion's title, either. As to Real, this side have all chances of fighting for the champions' title until the tournament's end.
(Q) - Real lost to Tenerife two times in the last two seasons.
(A) - First, the team were disappointed at it, and second, the thesis as if referees are favourably disposed towards Real was not affirmed.
(Q) - Among all teams, Tenerife this season perform away in the worst way.
(A) - It means nothing. In each and every match there is uncertainty about the result.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Gooooooooool

El brasileño Roberto Carlos por se convirtió el primer gol!!!

·
Registered
721 Posts
2-1 por descanso

Javi Venta scored for the visitors :eek:

But then Figo struck in the 42. minute :)

Morientes had to be substituted by Guti in the 25. minute, hope it`s nothing too serious :depress:

BTW Where the heck is everybody :confused:

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I dont think too many people are getting to see this game.:( I am not too.:depress:

Anyway,this is the lineup we're playing:

Cesar
Salgado
Carlos
Hierro
Pavon
Flavio
Makelele
Munitis
Figo
Raul
Morientes

I am more or less happy with the side Del B's put out.Unless Zizou's and Soalri's injuries are more serious.:eek:

Vamps and I are following the game on the realmadrid.com website and exchanging views on MSN.Apparently Tenerife did come at us in the first half,but we got 2 goals.Carlos is having an 'inspired' nite according to the website,and he got the first gol on 16 mins ofcourse.tenerife equalised late but then Real re took the lead thru a Figo header!:eekani: Raul crossed the ball,and this is probably the fisrt time I've heard of Figo scoring with his head.:)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts