• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets not forget LA LIGA

after the Bayern game and the future match up against Barca, we have all forget who are we playing next in Spain, can someone post an article about our next liga match.
we still have a big fish to fry, lets go for the doblete, I know Valencia is heading to mallorca but where are we going now.
are we playing on sunday?

:confused:

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Your wish is my command Alter! ;)

Actually, i totally agree. Liga remains our best shot at silverware this year, and we still can't afford to drop any points at all, the way Valencia are playing.

Thinking about our recent history, its almost always a case that we played horribly in the first game after an amazing performance like the one against Bayern. Lets hope i am wrong.

Osasuna are fighting to avoid relegation, and are a very tough team to crack down, especially since we will be playing away.

Valencia have a tougher game of course, but not that much. and Deportivo will be completly focused on Liga now too.

5 Liga weeks to go. We need 3 points, i have no doubt in my mind.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I voted WIn

I wish for those individuals who voted for a loss to please make a rational and intelligent post as to why they voted. However it's probable some knuckle head barca fan.

:D

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
A big W for us...What else ???? ;)

Real MAdrid 3
Osasuna 0

Hala Madrid :)

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Osasuna have the worst home record in La Liga. I think Mallorca & Valencia will end up in a draw and if we win this one with a Valencia slump then our chances of retaining the title will be better. Mori & Raul need to find their scoring shoes, i dont rremember the last time either of them scored.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
We should, and wuold win this, I say (by at least 2 goals).
With our semi-final against Barca, it seems suddenly we got 3 tough matches before the end of Liga season (2 Barca, 1 Depor). Any letoff now and Valencia and Depor (who can now concentrate on the Liga solely) will take advantage.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Hala Madrid said:
Osasuna have the worst home record in La Liga. I think Mallorca & Valencia will end up in a draw and if we win this one with a Valencia slump then our chances of retaining the title will be better. Mori & Raul need to find their scoring shoes, i dont rremember the last time either of them scored.
Moro scored in the Rayo game. Raul hasn't scored since the Celta winner! :eek: i don't recall when was the last time he went such a long period without scoring, though he hasn't been playing bad at all.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:

Moro scored in the Rayo game. Raul hasn't scored since the Celta winner! :eek: i don't recall when was the last time he went such a long period without scoring, though he hasn't been playing bad at all.
Yes Mori did score in the Rayo game. Vamps, im sure you remember this, in 2000 Raul went on a 6 or 7 game scoreless streak and the Spanish media gave him the hardest time ever but then he exploded with some breathtaking performances and important goals namely the Old Trafford ones. Thats the only other time i remember Raul went on such a scoreless period.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Hala Madrid said:

Yes Mori did score in the Rayo game. Vamps, im sure you remember this, in 2000 Raul went on a 6 or 7 game scoreless streak and the Spanish media gave him the hardest time ever but then he exploded with some breathtaking performances and important goals namely the Old Trafford ones. Thats the only other time i remember Raul went on such a scoreless period.
Actually, Raul had only one bad scoring year in 98, when he scored a total of about 14 goals in all competition, including only 10 in Liga. He was hampered by a groin injury for most of the year and it really effected his performance.

I don't recall the incident you talk about, as in 2000 Raul had a magnificent year, with 17 Liga goals and 10 CL goals.

This year isn't a bad scoring year either, with 14 Liga goals and 4 CL, but if you add the Cup and Spanish Super cup figures (at least another 6 goals), you have a total of 24 and counting, nothing to be ashamed of. However, we know Raul is capable of more and i hope he puts in the performances in this last month and a half.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
We have a fairly decent history of playing away in Pamplona, so I'm not too worried. These are always intense games, but we usually win them.
I am hoping it shall be no different this time. I wonder what kind of squad del Bosque fields... we have a week of free time after this baby, so hopefully it'll be 100% strength. We must be FOCUSED though - switching from Bayern to Osasuna is never easy;)

The championship sucks:eek: Valencia have an easy schedule ahead of them, so any slip up, even now, may be IT. Let's hope for the best:nervous:

I really would wanna see Portillo on the bench in this baby... Morientes sucked so bad against Bayern, that it scares me we have absolutely no alternative, when he's on such form.
Then again, he'll probably go score a hat-trick now, just to prove me wrong;):D But really, I'm starting to be worried by his stuff... not worried because we might lose (I think our midfielders and defenders are always capable of finishing off what the strikers can't), just that it's a waste of space to have a guy like him on the field. I'd rather see us going with a 4-5-1, than a 4-4-2 with a useless Morientes up front:irritate:
And his goal against Rayo means little, because he managed to miss an empty goal after rounding the keeper there!:eek::frustrat: It looks quite disturbing.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Labas,

No way Portillo will feature at this stage. Guti will get any chance if Moro doesn't perform, and deservedly so.

I believe Del B will take it on a case-by-case basis. I have a strong feeling Guti will start in the Nou Camp for the CL semi first leg, and Moro in Bernabeu. It makes alot of sense to me.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
labas said:
...we have a week of free time after this baby...
What's on for next mid week? Internationals?

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
WOW!

Labasito, your actually calling for Portillo!

I think you have been the wet blanket regarding our excitement over our young star!:) :D

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
2nd half update

Mallorca 1
Valencia 0

:) :) :)

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I think there's a strong case for playing the Nou Camp formation with Raul as a lone striker in all our away games,seeing how Moro's off form.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Valencia could only salvage 1 point against Mallorca!:)

comon merengue lets take 3!

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Che,

Yes, we have an excellent chance to go 2 points ahead of Valencia now, just as they enter their toughest match left: Deportivo! We really need to win today.

Merengue,

I abseloutly agree. 4-5-1 away, and 4-4-2 at home (diamond or 2 DMCs pending on situation).

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Expected line-up, Del B going full force here, and yes, playing the diamond away (well, its Osasuna, but still).

Roberto Carlos is suspended, so Raul Bravo gets to start :) Pavon is still injured and Helguera continues in the center of defense. Probably good practice for him because i am sure we won't see the last of the diamond this year, even if everyone is fit.

PL 4-1-3-2- César, Salgado, Hierro, Helguera, Raúl Bravo, Makelele, Solari, Figo, Raúl, Zidane, Morientes

Come on Raul and Moro!!!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Yes, I'm calling for Portillo, because there's no alternative. With all due respect to Guti, he just is not a striker. Sometimes he scores, sometimes he doesn't. Hardly a lethal hitman.
I dunno much about Portillo, but it seems he's a goalbagger, and we might be regreting the day, when our midfield can't make up for the donkey Morientes.
My patience with the guy finished on wednesday, when he couldn't find the net standing in front of an empty goal. On form, off form, whatever, you can't miss those kind of chances in the big, big games, and deem yourself to be a quality striker. No sir.
I love Mori, and don't want him sold, but there has to be AN ALTERNATIVE. I would've subbed Mori after 20 minutes on wednesday, the problem was - with whom? Guti wasn't an option cause we needed somebody up there.
Portillo get's the nod. At least the bench. I dunno, it may be risky, but it's better than having the donkey Munitis wasting space:eek:

We'll see what happens in Pamplona. But if Mori goes dry again, I am going to be seriously worried.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I agree that Portillo remains a long term option. He should be promoted to the first team next year and start getting playing time as much as he can (unless we buy Luque).

However, Guti remains our man right now. Whether you accept it or not Labas, Guti hasn't been called much this year, but he has been scoring when called upon, and has overally been playing pretty well.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts