Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
vs

Venue: Estadio Mestalla
Date: 25/04/09
Time: 22:00

Valencia CF:

Miguel returns to the squad after serving his suspension. Moretti could also return from injury.

César
Miguel - Albiol - Alexis - del Horno
Marchena - Edú
Joaquín - Silva - Mata
Villa

Key Player:

David Villa

The heart and soul of Valencia Club de Fútbol. 25 goals and 4 assists this season and two behind Pichichi leader Samuel Eto'o. If Valencia are to achieve anything from this match, the Asturian must run havoc. A match winning performance against Real Betis sees El Guaje in perfect form for this encounter.

FC Barcelona:

Daniel Alves could be rested tactically to keep him from getting suspended for El Clásico, Messi most likely returns to the starting lineup after being rested against Sevilla. Guardiola is likely to make a couple of changes to the team that thrashed Sevilla to rest for their crucial upcoming games.

Valdés
Alves - Puyol - Pique - Abidal
Basquets
Xavi - Kieta
Messi - Eto'o - Iniesta

Key Player:

Lionel Messi

Although Iniesta has been in some amazing form. Messi is Messi. Not much needs to be said about the most dangerous player in the World. We must double team him as much as possible and pray that he has an off day, but in double teaming him, that will allow the likes of Iniesta, Xavi and Eto'o who are very dangerous in their own right more time to weave their magic. We don't have the players to stop some of their best players, we must just give our all, play with heart and work as a team, to try and overcome Messi and co.

Prediction:

Thankfully we play this match at the Mestalla, it will be packed and will plently of pride and passion involved. Barcelona are on a different planet for long parts of this season, and it will take something special for us to overcome them. With that said, best we can hope for is a point but i feel we won't achieve that. 1-3.​

·
Registered
44,373 Posts
Great work with the thread Blaž.

·
Registered
16,545 Posts
Hope is the thing that shall never ever surrender. Barcelona usually has a hard time at Mestalla because that it's massive packed and we're usually motivated to 100% against them, they also have the CL and Clasico so this game isn't that much of the biggest priority for them.

Villa is in crazy form, Mata is back to his best and Silva is tearing teams apart. The trio is great now but still we have a bad defence. Marchena did some wtf shit yesterday and you never know with Albiol and Alexis.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Z.

We'll see, hopefully they rest some key players for this, but considering they are playing away, i think they won't risk it, considering if they drop points here, it will give Real Madrid massive hope come Clásico.

·
Registered
44,373 Posts
Well deserved :thmbup:

Messi was rested against Sevilla, Iniesta taken off after 60 minutes and I think they might be going to finish off this game pretty fast against Valencia.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
its unlucky to be playing this barca side right now, i fear our run in is too tough. Villareal have a difficult run in as well, however atleti's is actually quite easy.

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
We're Valencia, we'll win.

Marchena can't play CB, yesterday's goal was horrible by Marchena. Moretti needs to be back so we can have the two A's in CB.

In CM god knows who'll play, don't be surprised to see Baraja/Albelda back in the combo.

·
Registered
758 Posts
This Barcelona side is just SCARY.... Its one thing to take apart teams in La Liga with ease. But the way they absolutely demolished two very good CL sides in Lyon and Bayern Munich is what really gives me chills.

What we have to hope for plain and simple is that Barcelona rest a few players and come in overconfident. If they do that, we can take advantage and exploit them with our quick passing and counter attacks.

I think Barcelona will win. But I do believe that our guys will make them earn it this time. I think it'll be a match that comes down to the wire and Barcelona will pull it out 2-1. But I am defintley hoping for a miracle like the rest of us.

BTW, Albelda is injured and will miss this Saturday's game.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
PR316, Lyon are shit now and Bayern was more or less in shit form missing Klose who's their only scorer in UCL.

If Atletico can win them we can, nothing would be better than winning them, hopefully a fluke win also, just to hear them b*tch and whine.

If we lose then hopefully there's excuses like always - refs helping them:D

·
Registered
44,373 Posts
You should remember that Atléti won against Barcelona when they played without Iniesta (Gudjohnsen replaced him) and Abidal (Sylvinho replaced him), so it's not really just to win because Atléti managed to get three points at Vicente Calderón. That was also when Barcelona had a patch of bad games, with their measures. They also looked very tired and it's the opposite now.

It should also be said that Váldes haven't allowed a single goal since that game against Atlético in the league. 12 games; 29 goals for and 4 goals against.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Blah, now Joaquín will also miss the game against Barcelona! Fúcking injuries at the wrong times! If you remember in yesterday's match, it was when Oliveira blatantly stepped on his foot.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Wtf, why are our players playing injured?

how long is he out for?

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
I'm not gonna be enthusiastic and optimistic towards this match. Because most likely they will win and we will all look like idiots to predict a win for us in the 1st place. But if we stay negative towards the match and we do win that will make it even more sweeter. I'm just chattin shit. We are gonna lose. No need to hope. Hope kills you in life..
As long as we lose with a respectable performance, I won't be mad.

Btw, Blaz, where is your cool blue avatar gone. That was wicked.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Speaking about Atleti, have a hairy feeling you wont have to worry about them. They got picked apart 5-1 by Racing Santander and could have been considerably worse.

Anyway Villa is is smoking hot form. Wonder if Del Horno can sleep or is he already dreaming of how Messi is going to do horrible things to him...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,228 Posts
Speaking about Atleti, have a hairy feeling you wont have to worry about them. They got picked apart 5-1 by Racing Santander and could have been considerably worse.

Anyway Villa is is smoking hot form. Wonder if Del Horno can sleep or is he already dreaming of how Messi is going to do horrible things to him...:rolleyes:
naah nah nah, i believe moretti will start after all. because i am already dreaming of how messi will destroy del horno :moan:

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wtf, why are our players playing injured?
Well, maybe he wanted to prove something. And rightly so, thank **** he stayed on.

how long is he out for?
1-2 weeks.

Btw, Blaz, where is your cool blue avatar gone. That was wicked.
He will be back, it's Villa time :hopeful:

I'm more worried about Málaga then them, if Atléti had won against Racing they would have been favourites IMO. Atlético will definitely blow points away when they play Real Betis and Athletic. Look at Málaga's remaining fixtures, they have AT LEAST 3 wins if they play to their standard. Depor home, Numancia away, Racing home, Sporting away, Real Betis home and Espanyol away. Depor's schedule isn't too bad too, the match between Málaga and Depor, will be very interesting. Hopefully a draw. Villarreal have a really tough schedule and are playing like crap.

·
David Villa is a
14,204 Posts
scary thread title... wow barca.. is it possible we can win?? is it possible we wont get humilated??

1 - 20 of 219 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.