Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
salgado and pavon will absent for their five yellow cards on aggregate. raul may miss too for his injury of his left ankle against celta while ronaldo has a slight cold. but i don't think raul will absent as you know our nice queiroz never rests the galacticos. (or perez doesn't allow?)

racing lost four matches out of the last five. but they last season beat us at their home with a 2-0 by regueiro and munitis, in which we were full team except raul. please pay extra attention to javi guerrero, bodipo (spaniard?!), benayoun and regueiro!

queiroz has tried bravo and mejia during the training for salgado and pavon.

expected lineup

casillas
mejia helguera bravo carlos
beckham guti
figo raul zidane
ronaldo

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
This could be a game that trips Madrid. racing always play well at home against the big teams and Madrid with an 8 point advantage and the CL tie coming up during the week, could be looking past Racing.

I have an x and 2 in my quiniela.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yeah I agree with barça. We have traditionally sufferred in such games, where it is away against mid-table opposition with a huge CL tie coming up. I reckon our focus is on Bayern already, and hence I think we will turn up a rather drab performance. This is precisely the game where we should give our subs and reserves more of a run, but that is unlikely to happen. Anyway, I hope we can at least get a draw from this.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
barça said:
This could be a game that trips Madrid. racing always play well at home against the big teams and Madrid with an 8 point advantage and the CL tie coming up during the week, could be looking past Racing.
That and Mejia as right back. I find it scary. :stress:

·
Registered
447 Posts
MILLS said:
That and Mejia as right back. I find it scary. :stress:
Heck, I just noticed that. Has anyone seen him play as right back before? What happened to Minambres? I am still pissed that we sold Geremi 'cos he was perfect cover for Salgado.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
ViRiPiDES said:
Heck, I just noticed that. Has anyone seen him play as right back before? What happened to Minambres? I am still pissed that we sold Geremi 'cos he was perfect cover for Salgado.
He has never played there to my knowledge. I want to see the guy again, but in his possition, not as right back. Maybe Miñambres is still injured or CQ just doesn´t trust him. Use Olalla then. At least he is a true RB.

I also liked Geremi, but we must admit we got big money for him, and with the season Michel Salgado is having... he would´ve had very little playing time.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
right back

What about Juanfran or Nunez?

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
barça said:
racing always play well at home against the big teams
Very true. Didnt barca lose their 4-0 last season and 3-0 this season? We also lost there 2-0, i cant remember how Valencia and Depor did over there though.

Im expecting a draw this time.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Re: right back

Che said:
What about Juanfran or Nunez?
Maybe CQ thinks they are too offensive. He is even using Nuñez as a forward. I don´t think he manages the idea of turning him into a RB.
Juanfran played there for Spain in the U-20 WC, but maybe he is too "light" defensively.
He could use Beckham for that matter, and pair up Guti with Borja or Cambiasso in the middle.

The problem of using Mejia out of place is that he could have a bad game that undermined his confidence, and he is too good prospect to ruin.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
IMO this should be the defensive line up:

Carlos - Mejia - Helguera - Bravo

Bravo played at right back for few minutes when C.Q made some subtitutes and in that short amount of time he played well, plus he has experience of playing as a full back unlike the others.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Raul definitely WON´T play. He didn´t recover on time and stayed in Madrid. No Portillo to sub him, as the guy has "gastric problems":hangover:

Worst of all is that some of the Galacticos (Ronie and Figo) have synthoms of flu. They are doubtful for tomorrow, but my main concern is that they don´t get worse for Wednesday. :eek:

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Go

MILLS said:
Worst of all is that some of the Galacticos (Ronie and Figo) have synthoms of flu. They are doubtful for tomorrow, but my main concern is that they don?t get worse for Wednesday. :eek:
i told them to put a coat on when walking the dog at night....

about the game, this has a tie written all over the place.
watch out for benayun and moran.
our teams will probably be a patch team.
missing people all over the place.
if raul is out and so does portillo, who need some one to play with ronaldo, or even replace him at some point.
better make sure he is rested for wednesday.
guti did some good job while playing forward at one point,
maybe we should use him in this game.

2:2 for madrid ;)
(because that's the score the valencia:depor game will also have)
________
MERCEDES-BENZ OM611 ENGINE HISTORY

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hmmmmm, i actually think Real will beat these guys easily,it's time Real are gonna have to play great all the time since the most important part of the season begins. The treble is not that easy of a feat, but all of the galacticos play the best when the pressure is great.:D
The Quest for the treble begins.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Best possible.....

out come today would be for us to get an away victory and a draw beteewn Valencia & Deportivo.

That going to be a great game at the Mestalla.:star: :star:

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
As much as people are second-guessing our performance (which people normally do), I'll have to go with the odds and figure we're going to win this one.

Every week we're always talking about how this person's out, or this person's sick, or whatever. But somehow the side still puts the points on the board. I'm banking on the same thing this weekend.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Ronaldo INJURED!!!!

:dazed: :eek: :eek: :sob:

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
We look so uncreative without Raul and with Beckham and Zidane losing balls consistently as they were today, we have no shot at winning. Ronaldo looks to be out for the Bayern game with a hamstring injury and maybe Raul too? Our squad is thin as it is already :mad:

By the way, why was Mejia sent off? That wasnt even a foul let alone a red card !

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Why even start with Figo, Zidane and Ronaldo? RM is leading by 8 points and they have the game of the season next week, not very smart. Now you don´t have Ronaldo and Portillo is injured as well!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ronaldo is injured !!!! shit shit shit shit , it's very very very bad news for real , we have no attack against bayern , it's gonna be an extremly difficult game . Ronaldo's luck is so ****ing bad , every year in the champions league he gets injured in the crucial match , so unlucky . well i just hope his injury isn't very serious .
```

1 - 20 of 40 Posts