Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back to the grind of La Liga, Real Madrid host Vigo this weekend at El Stantiago Bernabéu . Vigo's European hopes took a hit this week with a 3-2 loss to Arsenal and stand with 27 point behind our lead.

Celta comes off a 2-0 home loss to Malaga last weekend. The turning point of the match was the sending off of Sergio and will be suspended for this weekend's match. Things also dont get much better since goalkeeper Pablo Cavallero will miss Sunday's match with a fractured nose. The player has since been operated on and will be replaced by Pinto on Sunday.

I confident that we will keep out home record clean and get the need 3 points

·
Registered
462 Posts
It'll be another home victory. Celta haven't been doing the best, Real Madrid will take this one for sure.

Too bad I get to see all Real Madrid matches in La Liga and never get to see Real much in the CL:depress: That's if ESPN here shows it which is kind of rare.

Anyways, my prediction will have to be a 2-0

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Arianna said:
i was kidding!:D
I wasn't :eek: ;) In Spanish there is an expression related to the "Quiniela" the weekly betting game, wich is "sellar" or validate the form. I think you can "sellar un 1" and move on:(

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Go

Che said:
I confident that we will keep out home record clean and get the need 3 points
so you think we will concede a goal in this game also?

i know we should win this game, but two things to remember-
CQ shhould try to rest a few players since in the middle of this week i think we have this south africa game and everyone will dead tired when we come back.
Also, i'd really like us to finish the game without conceding any goals.

3:0 for madrid.
________
SEX

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Re: Re: Jornada 26 Real Madrid C.F. Vs Celta de Vigo

sagyv said:
so you think we will concede a goal in this game also?

i know we should win this game, but two things to remember-
CQ shhould try to rest a few players since in the middle of this week i think we have this south africa game and everyone will dead tired when we come back.
Also, i'd really like us to finish the game without conceding any goals.

3:0 for madrid.
I think that SouthAfrica game was finally suspended.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Jornada 26 Real Madrid C.F. Vs Celta de Vigo

MILLS said:
I think that SouthAfrica game was finally suspended.
yup it was canceled for two reasons:

1. They dropped the price from 12m to 5m

2. Perez and Valdano finally noticed that we have a very busy calendar and don't want to risk the CL

About the game, Raul and Salgado are the two who are most likely to be benched, almost 100%, i don't know why i have a feeling that we are expecting a boring game, with a single goal.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
It will be an extreme disappointment if we dont score against this awful Celta defence :yuck: Cavalleros absence might be ablessing for Celta though, he has been horrible this season.

Is Jesuli playing? Theres a man thats just an absolute joy to watch :star:

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
sad not to see cavallero. :( :devil: celta lost two home games in a row. it may be even worse to play away. :depress: i hope we will keep it clean at least.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
If Salgado is benched, who will play? is Minambres back from injury? (he should be by now!) :eek:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Vampire Lestat said:
If Salgado is benched, who will play? is Minambres back from injury? (he should be by now!) :eek:
is it sure? I thought everyone is capable of playing :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
some rotating here, we could expect this line up:

Ronaldo - Portillo
Zidane Juanfran
Guti-Becks
carlos - helguera - mejia - bravo
casillas

I predict a 3-1 result with portillo finally managing to score a goal in la liga (actually 2 goals from him :) )

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
raul substituted? no way even it may be good for both sides. the line up is as usual except pavon plays for bravo as a central defender. salgado still on the field.
leading 1-0. :happy:

:ass: :finger:

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
:eek: crazy! i'm not watching live. just follow it on the net. the result change very soon from 0-1 to 2-1, then 3-2 and lastly 4-2. :dazed: barca will help us block depor tonight. :proud: our relationship suddenly improved. :D in fact, this season they really helped us a lot. if we get the la liga title, the first one we should thank should be barca. :kiss:

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Our play wasn´t too good overall from my point of view. Too light defensively by our side, specially at the beginning of the match. However we made a comeback effortlesly that gives us an 8 point lead in front of Valencia that should be enough to bag in the title.

Guti had a huge game though, and is for me the Man of the Match despite Iker pulling out some magnificent saves (as usual), Figo gaving two assists and scoring a great goal... or Zidane scoring a double.

Ronaldo had an off-day but still managed to score a goal to lift his Liga tally to 22.

Helguera had his poorest game in months. Horrible mistakes that you wouldn´t expect from him.

Is La Liga finished? I reckon there is a long way to go, but 8 points is too much. We would have to slip three times , and that counting with Valencia or Depor winning everything.

T

·
0 Posts
Did anybody else notice that Ronaldo and Raul looked kind of pissed off after being substituted?

I think cause there were several times Ronaldo was running for a through pass and the play was held up, one time he actually raised his arms as if to say "come on, what do i have to do to get the pass?"

I think also that Raul was kind of annoyed that he missed so many chances even though none of them were easy by any strech. (Actually i thought he played pretty good today)

well, just some observations.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts