Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Battle for Spain!

The anticipation for this weekends game is starting to build up!
This will be a great opportunity to put some breathing space beteewn us and Valencia who are 2 point off our lead.

Does anyone know if Real will appeals the red card given to Zizou? if not than I think Solari will be eligible after serving his suspension.

Some point I like to focus on is Ronaldo has scored in four straight league matches and 11 of the last 14 league games.
I hope he continues his strong performaces since Valencia will be comming to town only giving up 2 goals in their last 5 la liga matches. If there is a psychological advantage it belongs to us since we have just recently ejected them from Copa tournament and they have not fair well at El Santiago Bernabeu, their last victory for Valencia in madrid was back in 1999 and since than we have beaten Valencia by a combined score of 10-2 in la liga.

Even without Zidane I think we will get the result and get a 2-0 victory!

Hala Madrid :star:

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
after this decisive game, i believe we will know who will hold the title. a win would give the winner of this game great motivation. the loser may lose confidence. however, this is a game counting in points in aggregate. i'm full of confidence with this game even without zidane. solari would show off his value.

this season's results between the two teams.
18/8 valencia 0-0 real (5-6 on penalty) friendly
28/9 valencia 2-0 real la liga
22/1 real 3-0 valencia spanish cup
29/1 valencia 1-2 real spanish cup

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Che said:

Does anyone know if Real will appeals the red card given to Zizou?
It would be ridiculous if he was allowed to play in this game. He got a deserved red card and he should atleast be banned for one game and since it's a straight red it's this game. Mind you, I'm not scared of him and I would prefer to play against a full Madrid team.

Che said:

Some point I like to focus on is Ronaldo has scored in four straight league matches and 11 of the last 14 league games.
Not only that, but he(and Raul too) have a pretty good record against us aswell. :groan:

We have the full team availble and our most probable line up is:

Canizares; Carboni, Marchena, Ayala, Garrido; Vicente, Albelda, Baraja, Jorge Lopez; Aimar; Mista

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Valencia are gonna be tougher this time around at the Bernabeu. Especially without Zizou. They'll be coming at us with a full strenght squad and a desire to beat us.

_______Casillas
__Helguera_Pavon (where is Mejia lately?)
Salgado_______Carlos
____Beckham_Guti
Figo__________Solari
_______Raul
______Ronaldo

I look to Raul to have a great game without Zidane.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Go

Real said:
after this decisive game, i believe we will know who will hold the title.
This is way too early for ambition remarks like that.
this year will end up like most last seasons, decided on the last 3 rounds.

Originally posted by Kiyan
I look to Raul to have a great game without Zidane.
My thoughts exactly.
Although solary will probably step up to this game instead of zidan, without zidan, the team plays in a more fixed role for each player.
this is raul's time!!! :strong: :strong: :strong:
time to show up and get ready for the big matches we have on the coming weeks.

i doubt CQ will pair pavon with helguera, i think he lost confidence with him and he rather have raul bravo there.
mejia i think is injured :depress:

2:1 for madrid.
________
Wellbutrin Lawsuits

·
Registered
462 Posts
I would have to say 2-1 as well. It's pretty tough to score on Valencia, I don't think we will be as fortunate to score on them 3+2 goals this time. Zidane is out, but good thing there's always good replacements. Nothing to worry about, this is a very decesive match for us.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Anyone have an idea of our record without Zidane?

I tend to agree that without Zidane, our offense will be more fixed, less fluid formation-wise. Our tactics will be simpler and more straight-forward. This is should be a good thing against Valencia which is quite rugged and tight in defense. Strategic finesse is less effective as Valencia is not so easily moved by the flank switching tactics of Zidane and RC.

Beckham will need to supply the forwards but he will have to be on his game as Valencia's midfielders are ballhawks that will pounce on mediocre passes.

Because of this though, I think better opportunities will come if we beat the midfield off the dribble as against using through passes. Unfortunately, Zidane is the only person I can see actually breaking the center of the field consistently so most of our threat will have to come from the wings. In this regard, our wingbacks need to feature heavily.

On the other side of the field though, Aimar is clearly the danger man. Coverages fall apart since he can beat anyone we put on him. Personally, I can't decide whether it would be a better idea to mark him tight (which would give him the chance to dribble past into space, dangerous since defenders must not leave the forwards to cover Aimar even if he has broken free) or to mark him loose (which would give him space to pass or take a longshot) effectively giving the burden of scoring to Mista.

It's going to be a good game. At home, our offense always seems to apply constant pressure. Valencia though will get to counterattack and this is how I imagine the game will be won or lost.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Real said:
after this decisive game, i believe we will know who will hold the title. a win would give the winner of this game great motivation. the loser may lose confidence.
If Valencia lost, their would be in very difficult situation. It would be 5 points. It s quite big points difference as on Primera Division. But Madrid needs this points. In forthcoming days we' re starting ChL games - Bayern, Bayern, Bayern :fero: :fero: :yuck: and it's well known that when we play in ChL, our attitude in la-liga is weaker... So it would be nice to have 5 points distance over Valencianos :cool:

But I don t think we will be very close to championship if we win today. Ofcourse we will be closer but the most importante is the end of the season:

Jornada 33 18/04/04 At. Madrid vs Real Madrid
Jornada 34 25/04/04 Real Madrid vs F.C. Barcelona
Jornada 35 02/05/04 Deportivo vs Real Madrid
Jornada 36 09/05/04 Real Madrid vs Mallorca
Jornada 37 16/05/04 Murcia vs Real Madrid
Jornada 38 23/05/04 Real Madrid vs R. Sociedad

but till 18/04/04 we have got quite good calendar:

Jornada 25 21/02/04 R.C.D. Espanyol - Real Madrid
Jornada 26 29/02/04 Real Madrid - R.C. Celta
Jornada 27 07/03/04 Racing - Real Madrid
Jornada 28 14/03/04 Real Madrid - Zaragoza
Jornada 29 21/03/04 Athletic - Real Madrid
Jornada 30 28/03/04 Real Madrid - Sevilla F.C.
Jornada 31 04/04/04 Albacete - Real Madrid
Jornada 32 11/04/04 Real Madrid - Osasuna

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Does the red-card ban Zidane got in Copa Del Rey work in La Liga??

Without ZIdane it is gonna be difficult. But I like that Solari guy, always perform whenever he is needed..

But Valencia key is thier defence and ever hadr-working Midfield. A match i dont want to miss!...but i bet it would be a draw unless either team have a player produce a moment of magic.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
I think this will be alot tougher then the Copa game, because of (of course) what happened to them in the copa game!

They have played very well since then, and will want to come and prove they didn't deserve to lose 3-0 (in their minds i mean). It will be very tough for us.

This is without doubt a huge game for us for many reasons. 2-0 win at least is needed, because otherwise Valencia will hold the head-to-head edge on us. Plus, openining a 5 point gap is just what we need to start focusing on Bayern.

We beat them without Zidane before, we can do it again! :)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Re: You guys are going to get chewed

calcio100 said:
4 - 0 win for Valencia, the best team in spain since the glory days of Barca
"Only calcio100 knows what it's like
To be an idiot
Behind blue eyes... "

;)

Do you like Limp Bizkit :tongue: ?

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Valencia played well against us at the Bernabeu so lets hope the wins against them has deflated them somewhat. Theyre always organised so they might be more defensive/tight today as they wont want a 5 point gap to separate both teams. Should be a great game with 2 top teams going for it.

ZZ not playing is a travesty. :mad:

·
Registered
738 Posts
I think about if Valencia is able to win on Bernabeu... As a matter of fact they are a great team through whole season. They caught many points and if they weren t so good this year, we would feel as champions at the moment. But I really don t think Valencia is able to beat us in open rivalry (Copa best showed difference betwen Real and Valencia). I can t image our defeat today. We're playing without Zizou but nevertheless we' ve got tremendous potential and only the miracle could give Benitez's team 3 points in today's evening :fero:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jornada 24 update

Deportivo 2-0 Osasuna:mad:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
REAL MADRID:
Casillas, Salgado, Carlos, Helguera, Bravo, Figo, Guti, Solari, Beckham, Raul, Ronaldo
Subs: Cesar, Pavon, Borja, Cambiasso, Nunez, Juanfran, Portillo

VALENCIA: Canizares, Ayala, Marchena, Garrido, Carboni, Albelda, Baraja, Vicente, Aimar, Angulo, Mista
Subs: Palop, Pellegrino, Navarro, Curro Torres, Canobbio, Rufete, Oliveira.

Referee: Pedro Tristante Oliva (Murcia)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Honestly a lot of you guys make it seem that without Zidane Real Madrid is half the team. Don't get me wrong here... Zizou is a great player... but he's one player. I think Figo, Ronaldo , Raul and the gang should be able to take this one... maybe not easily.... but they should do it.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Half

0-0

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Raul has had couple of chances, Real is knocking....

1 - 20 of 153 Posts