Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Tristan, after complaining to the world, that he deserved a spot in the NT, played as bad a game as he could.

Depor, played for the tie until about 20 minutes from end, then they decided to press :rolleyes: I swear I will never figure out Irureta.

Atletico looked as if they had nothing left in the tank.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
From Spanish forwards, only Raul has more class than Tristan. He definitely should be in the NT, in this match he was just unlucky. He isn't in terrible form or something. So his claims are justified, or do you find Tamudo really better than Tristan? :rolleyes:

Depor never got the orders to play for the tie. They just looked very bad (thanks to De los santos who should have been sent off Atletico was totally controlling the midfield) until the 60th or 70th minute and only then started to create. And even so they created better opportunities than Atlético during the whole match and could have won. The situation late in the match where Pandiani was fouled when heading the ball in the box was arguable but it looked like a clear foul, I dunno...

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
bailemos said:
or do you find Tamudo really better than Tristan? :rolleyes:
God no! :eek:

My point was simply that after he made such a big deal about being left out, you would think he would pay a great game. I don't think he was unlucky at all, it seemed to me that he did not put the extra effort. If Saez was watching that game (he probably wasn't, as it was too early for Spain and Real Madrid was not playing the game:tongue: ) I don't think he was too impressed.

I like Tristan and I want to see him in Protugal come this summer and in Barcelona come next year, but I wonder if he was "bailando" all night long ;)

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
If you remember the end of season 01-02, Tristan got injured then. Makaay stepped in as a substitute for several matches, already then he was considered a very good finisher (Buffon in an interview yesterday says he's the best in the world). But the team's creative side was very good, the problem was that Makaay just kept wasting chances (including one-on-ones etc). So I'm saying, every striker goes through bad periods where also luck is against him and I have no doubt that he'll get out of that very soon.

I'm glad you want him to go to Portugal with the NT, so do I, Spain needs him. But hey, why would he go to Barcelona next year, is there a big party coming up?:howler: Maybe also to see a match of the local team at Nou Camp but I don't think he's too keen on that cause he can see better football at home :tongue:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts