Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a debut for this forum with the Seville derby this weekend ;) One of the biggest derbies in the world takes place at the Pizjuan with both teams not in hot form. Betis is just coming off a 2-2 tie with Getafe and Sevilla got Zigic'd at home to Racing but like any other derby, current form does not matter. I just hope that the fans behave themselves this time and do not resort to violence as is often the case in this heated rivalry.

Ricardo Oliviera is making his Betis debut in this game and will partner Sergio Garcia upfront which should make Betis a threat for the rest of the season. As for Sevilla, they are missing Luis Fabiano who is nursing an injury and wont be fit for this game.

Projected lineups:

Betis-

------------Ricardo---------

---Nelson--Juanito--Arzu--Monzon--

--------Emana----Aurelio------

---Juanma---------------Mark Gonzalez--

---------Garcia---Oliviera-----

Sevilla-

---------------Palop--------

-Mosquera--Escude--Squilacci--Navarro--

---------Romaric----Duscher-------

-----Navas------------------Capel----

-----------Kanoute---Acosta---

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
This game has been nothing but stupidity the last three years from both sets of fans involved.

I expect more nonsense. This game should be played behind closed doors as I said last year when crowd fights occurred and the year before when managers and players were hit with glass bottles.

Dumb game.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
What a debut for this forum with the Seville derby this weekend ;) One of the biggest derbies in the world takes place at the Pizjuan with both teams not in hot form. Betis is just coming off a 2-2 tie with Getafe and Sevilla got Zigic'd at home to Racing but like any other derby, current form does not matter. I just hope that the fans behave themselves this time and do not resort to violence as is often the case in this heated rivalry.

Ricardo Oliviera is making his Betis debut in this game and will partner Sergio Garcia upfront which should make Betis a threat for the rest of the season. As for Sevilla, they are missing Luis Fabiano who is nursing an injury and wont be fit for this game.

Projected lineups:

Betis-

Sevilla-

---------------Palop--------

-Mosquera--Escude--Squilacci--Navarro--

---------Romaric----Duscher-------

-----Navas------------------Capel----

-----------Kanoute---Acosta---

yea, i don`t know whether the xt managers wait till this time to open this andalusian forum or it was only by accident. :pp

as you said this derby won`t depend on the current form of both sides, you can `t predict any result at all.

sevilla made a very good come back from a lose to win over athletic in last minute in the 1st leg of copa del rey semifinal. it was a tough game for them and might affect badly to some extent next Sat. :rollani:

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
This game has been nothing but stupidity the last three years from both sets of fans involved.

I expect more nonsense. This game should be played behind closed doors as I said last year when crowd fights occurred and the year before when managers and players were hit with glass bottles.

Dumb game.
juande ramos and the bottle... :howler:

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i have read that betis fans have got only 850 ticket to attend the derby at the Pizjuan.

i don`t think that would be fair enough even if it`s at sevilla`s home.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Projected lineups:

Betis-

i would like to see this formation..

-----------------------ricardo---------------
nelson------(arzu) melli ------juanito------(monzon)vega
------------------------aurelio-----------------
------capi(juanma)---------emana--------- gonzalez
-----------------s.garcia-------oliviera---------

FORCA BETIS :strong: :star:

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The lineup you posted is actually the most likely one according to Marca, Kopite. Looks really good actually.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i like this line-up!
and marca got betis lineup from my post here, they checked this thread. :D

imagine odonkor is also ready and become completely fit, then he `ll be another excellent option to fight on the right flank with capi and juanma. :)

of course i don`t forget neither pavone nor edu who is still has not recovered well.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Odonkor is really shitty though, Kopite ;)

Chaparro and Jimenez are really going at it verbally though. Chaparro says he hates divers like Capel and Jimenez replied by saying that Chaparro would love to have Capel in his team. Things are getting heated now.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
0-0 at halftime.

Tense game with not much in it so far. Only Sevilla scored a legitimate goal that was ruled offside, but thats a typical day in la liga :D

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Welcome home Ricardo :proud:

BTW. Kopite, having Capi in your ideal lineup... doesn't he have a broken leg?

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sergio Garcia was a menace all night to Sevilla's defense, and what a finish goal. Ricardo gets a goal in his return, those two are going to be so so dangerous upfront.

Good on Betis, now they're out of the relegation zone. They're obviously too good to be in such a position and have been super unlucky this season.

As for Sevilla, thought they played like shit in the 2nd half especially because of Duschbag's red card and they really struggled after that. Third loss in a row and things are not looking good.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Welcome home Ricardo :proud:

BTW. Kopite, having Capi in your ideal lineup... doesn't he have a broken leg?
you are right, i have just known he was he is an injured.

anyway, no matter who to play, betis won the derby and that what was more important. :pp:thumbsup::flirt: and as i did mention betis hasn`t won at the Pizjuan for more than 10 seasons. to win in this one, and to see the impressive partner oliviera and garcia scored betis goals was more interesting. ;)

forca betis.. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i think that betis didn`t betis also hasn`t socred at the same stadium for 6 games( derbies ).

nelson`s performance is really impressing me, one of the best players who came to la liga easily. a great abilities with consistent performance during betis games. an awesome talent. :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts