Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
The last time this fixture was played Betis won 3-1.. but now its at the bernabeu so hopefully the score would be reversed ;)

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
real fan said:
The last time this fixture was played Betis won 3-1.. but now its at the bernabeu so hopefully the score would be reversed ;)
And........now we're also playing like GODS ....so Betis...I feel sorry !!! :howler:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Mighty Bernabeau!

we will win in a big way!!

3-1

Zizou, Mori, Raul

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I think you are forgetting that they have Denilson & Joaquin, 2 excellent players.

With that said, agreed 3-1, possible 2-0.:D

·
94,478 Posts
The LOOOOOng www.soccerage.com Preview

Real Madrid enter this fixture having failed to win any of their previous three games. Last weekend they were held to a 1-1 draw by Malaga at La Rosaleda while in midweek the Merengues suffered a 2-1 defeat to Athletic Bilbao in the first leg of their Copa del Rey semi-final.

At Malaga it was an unusually subdued Real performance, and they only actually forced two shots on target in the whole match. Fernando Morientes did, however, miss a couple of golden chances that he would normally put away with ease.

It's been a slightly quieter few days for Real after last week's constant speculation regarding possible comings and goings. Real will be glad that the Patrick Vieira story seems to have died a death as by their own admittance it was starting to destabilise the team. Fellow Frenchman Claude Makelele must have been asking himself some questions about his own future, that's for sure. If Vieira does come in to the team, it's likely to be at the expense of the former Celta Vigo player.

Juande Ramos' Real Betis, one senses, may be about to hit a bit of a sticky patch. They haven't won in four games and are starting to find goals hard to come by. They desperately need a 20-goal a season man in the absence of the injured Argentine striker Gaston Casas. Gabvriel Amato and Joao Tomas, despite his goal last week, have failed to convince the fans that they can do the job to reasonable effect.

Betis supporters, however, should not start getting impatient with their team. After all, this is their first year back in the top flight after a season in the Secunda division and they are still just three points off second place due to the unusual nature of this year's championship.

FORM GUIDE

Real Madrid Last Six Matches: WWWLDL

Victories came in spectacular fashion against Deportivo La Coruna in the league and then Rayo Vallecano in the cup. Vicente Del Bosque's men then battled for a 1-0 win against a particularly determined Valencia side. Just recently they have lost to Rayo in the second leg of the cup tie, drawn at Malaga and been beaten 2-1 by Athletic Bilbao despite taking the lead through Zinedine Zidane.

Betis Last six Matches: DWLLDD

The only win came against Mallorca at the Manuel Ruiz De Lopera. Ramos' side have been beaten by Deportivo (2-0) and Valencia (3-1) but in their last two games have collected draws against Malaga and Espanyol.

LATEST TEAM NEWS

Real Madrid- the only change Del Bosque is forced to make from last weekend's line-up is the introduction of Aitor Karanka who replaces the injured Fernando Hierro. The captain will be out for around a month with a shoulder injury. Otherwise the coach is able to field the so called 'golden eleven' that have served him so well over the past few weeks.

PL- 4-4-2- Casillas Salgado, Pavón, Karanka, Roberto Carlos, Makelele, Helguera, Figo, Raúl, Zidane, Morientes.

Betis- Iulian Filipescu, Joao Tomas, Juan Canas and Capi are all injured while Gaston Casas is still recovering from his ankle opporation. Gabriel Amato will get a start up-front. David Belenguer and Juan Merino may come in.

PL- 4-5-1- Prats, Tais, Juanito, Rivas or Belenguer, Luis Fernández; Varela or Merino, Joaquín, Ito, Benjamín, Denilson, Amato

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid)- last week the Brazilian put in a spellbinding cross for Fernando Morientes to equalise in the 1-1 draw at Malaga. His attacking forays down the left have been a constant feature of Real's play this season and he is quite capable of scoring eight or nine goals a season. Real don't have a designated left-sided player but who needs one when Carlos is around?

Joaquin (Betis)- the youngster's skill and pace have really caught the eye down the right hand side of the Betis midfield this season. Real and Barcelona have both been linked with the 20-year-old and it is unlikely that Betis will be able to hold on for him for more than another year or so. If he carries on his good form, a call-up to the Spanish squad may not be too far away.

SOCCERAGE PREDICTION

Real to win by a two-goal margin.

Real Madrid Win 55%
Draw 30%
Betis Win 15%
:happy::excited:

·
Registered
721 Posts
If we can win this one, then we have the advantage we might need to win the league. I hope el 'Moro' can find the net today, and score his goal numero 100 for los blancos.

My prediction?

3-2 to Real Madrid, a home-win following a Roberto Carlos brace in the 78`minute. Jaquin, Zidane, Denílson and Morientes scores the other goals.

Hierros absence should be felt, but attacking is our best way of defending anyways.

VAMOS MADRID!!!

·
Registered
907 Posts
goalllllllllll madrid

helguera 45 min
this is an assist of zidane

1/0 half time

·
Registered
721 Posts
Gooooool del Madrid Gol de Helguera

Thanks to great work from, guess who, Zinedine Zidane!!!

El Real leads the game with one goal to nil going into the brake. Luckily, one should say, because Betis has created the better chances. Hierros absence is greatly felt, and only a brilliant Casillas has kept us in the game so far. Denílson is having a great match, and he is giving Míchel a lot of trouble.

I hope the team will do better en la segunda parte. Vamos a por el segundo.

·
Registered
907 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
88 min : goal betis juanito :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope this game shows all the Hierro bashers how important he really is to the team.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Damn, this is no good. :devil: :devil: :devil:
I was expecting a hard time during Hierros absence, but the defending was awful. Only 'el Tigre' Casillas, who sent a firm application to the job as Spain nr 1 in the world cup to Camacho, saved us from an embarresing defeat.:eek:

We need a new defender, pronto

·
94,478 Posts
Again..As I have mentioned many, many times b4..Nothing Xcept 3 points, but when that's impossible 1 is better than 0 ;)
So it is...Back to the drawing board..One nice thought..Barca lost !! :cap:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Yea, i agree.. at least we're still on an unbeaten streak! hehe ;) Its a good thing Alaves, Barcelona lost :D and depor drew or we would have been in a huge hole! :(

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
Im sorry but you guys really think we didnt deserve it?? well listen to my report!! and where the hell are all the real supporters??? anyway i'll get on with my match report... a clear goal was dissalowed for us, i dont know if the referee did it on purpose for us to feel the goal that was dissalowed for valencia or what!!!!!! but anyway, we would have been 2-0 up... another thing, a clear penalty in the 1st half too for a trip on helguera.... another bad call, was the penalty, he pulled his shirt outside the area but ya that was hard to see so i cant blame the ref there..... anyway this was yet again a bad "referee game".... besides this, yes we had our moments but our players were laughing and doing too many tricks here and there and they took it too easy as if we have a 3 goal advantage! anyway i hope we'll win away next time... and we didnt take advantage of the draw of bilbao and depor and the lose of barca.....
here are my ratings:
Casillas: 9 (couldnt ask more from him!!!!)
Salgado: 6.5
Pavon: 7
Karanka: 7
R.Carlos: 8
Helguera: 7.5
Makelele: 7
Figo: 7.5
Zidane: 8
Raul: 7.5
Mori: 7

and no HALA, they didnt deserve the draw!!!

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Didn't get to see the game, but it is a tad disappointing we drop points at home.

Yes, other teams also dropped points but thats not an excuse. The competition this year is extremly wide open at this point and i honestly believe we need to get all the points we can before March, when CL kicks into serious gear.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts