1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Real Madrid CF.

vs

RCD Espanyol.

I am tired of this "catch me if you can" game. :boxing: Barcelona will slip up sooner or later, but we just have to make sure we keep rolling. 5 wins on the spin now, and we can make it six in a row with a home win against Espanyol, who are having a great season for their standards.

Ronaldo is the only worry for this match, as he is still in Brazil for family reasons.

This is Real Madrid's first match on their newly constructed turf, after several players complained about the state of the old pitch.

Real Madrid Home Record:

P11 W9 D0 L2
% of points accumulated at Home: 81%

Espanyol Away Record:

P11 W4 D2 L5
% of points accumulated on Road: 42%

Current Form (last 5 games):

Real Madrid: WWWWW :star:
Espanyol: LWDLD

Time and Venue:

Saturday, 21:00 GMT, Estadio Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid, Spain.

TV:*

Al Jezeera Sport.
Kanal 5 (DK).
La 2.
Sky Sports Extra.
TV4 Plus.

*More channels added later during the week when certain broadcasting companies confirm their live feed.

Predictions?

The most important thing, as always, is the three points but I want to see a convincing performance full of purpose and drive. We should close the gap to 4 points, even if it's just for 24 hours. :D

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Merengue said:
Who are Barca playing ? They're also at home this week aren't they ?
They are at home to our rivals Atletico Madrid, while we are at home to their rivals Espanyol.

What is this? Wife swap? :D

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
That was last Thursday.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Being our good mates, Atletico and Espanyol would do us the favour. Thanks! :cool:

PS Don't forget to take down the pathetic Bar$a avatars. :finger:

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Raul Tamudo is out for the game (Suspension) So I guess Samuel & Co. won't have so much trouble in front of goal.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Che said:
http://www.worldfootballers.com/news.php?id=2086

sounds like Figo & Salgado had a bust up!

good to see a fighting spirit!
Bah... it is just an anecdote, it happens everywhere from time to time. I saw it on TV, it was a training session, Figo did an unappropiate tackle (he could have injured Salgado) for this kind of match, he tackled Salgado with the 2 foot while the galego was covering the ball with his body. Then Salgado jumped and went towards Figo. The teammates had to separate them. It was funny to see how Salgado was mad with Figo, going for him, and Figo was giving steps back.

As I've said, just an anecdote, both are "hot" players.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Barca_AT19 said:
Raul Tamudo is out for the game (Suspension) So I guess Samuel & Co. won't have so much trouble in front of goal.
Well, Tamudo is not having his best season anyway. Maxi Rodriguez is their main danger nowadays.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Bah... it is just an anecdote, it happens everywhere from time to time. I saw it on TV, it was a training session, Figo did an unappropiate tackle (he could have injured Salgado) for this kind of match, he tackled Salgado with the 2 foot while the galego was covering the ball with his body. Then Salgado jumped and went towards Figo. The teammates had to separate them. It was funny to see how Salgado was mad with Figo, going for him, and Figo was giving steps back.

As I've said, just an anecdote, both are "hot" players.
true. they gave each other an embrace in the dressing room and everything was forgotten. Its just the heat on the pitch. But good to see the players putting on passion and fire even in training sessions.

·
Registered
178 Posts
madrid will win...well they will destroy something called espanyol....and if ronaldo is back I think he will make sure he scored to make up the penalty he missed in the away game...so ronnie will be on FIRRRRRREEEEEEEE.....I'm so excited Cheers lads..
P.S. Hope Barca Lose against our lilttle brothers hahaha

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
Ok i decided you guys need some old XT like me to shake things up a little around here. So im gonna start posting reguarly again here. Anyway to clear things up, i live in Madrid now... So im not on my armchair sitting in Finland. I have missed 2 games so far this season, i didnt go to Getafe and Sevilla. Otherwise i went to all the other games at the Bernabeu.

Anyway this is a very important game for us, i think only of a win. We have a new turf which our technical players will enjoy, i have a good feeling about Zidane in this match... as well as Ronie. I dont know if im going to this game yet, i have some financial issues..

HALA MADRID!

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Daopica said:
So im gonna start posting reguarly again here
:thmbup:

If the grass doesn't take, it will be a mess.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Real_Madrid said:
El Fenómeno,

Ronaldo is back to training, he is in training today but won't go to Hong kong with Brazil. ;)
:) Cool.

We have now entered February and it's time to see the best of Real Madrid right until the end of the season. We've had plenty of rest, the players haven't been playing at their best all season but at least now they have the energy and desire to play some vintage football. It's now time to gather momentum and start blowing away teams, we need to pick up our form ahead of the Juventus games.

I expect a world-class four-months from Zidane and Ronaldo, you just know they will come good when it really, really matters. :happy:

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
I expect a world-class four-months from Zidane and Ronaldo, you just know they will come good when it really, really matters. :happy:
I agree, they were awsome at the end of last year:pp

·
Registered
494 Posts
hehe Barca fans are having the time of their lives. But don't worry it will be soon over, so just enjoy while you still can. Anyway Madrid are improving and they are winning which is important for the team spirit. Doesn't matter if R9 or zizou show their magic, as long as we win. Barca will soon slipp

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Daopica said:
Ok i decided you guys need some old XT like me to shake things up a little around here. So im gonna start posting reguarly again here.
Wellcome back. Btw, you may get rid of the Barça avatar today. ;)

1 - 20 of 127 Posts