Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surprised that the thread has not been open since we have had lenghtly discussion regarding CL match set for next month:rolleyes: ;)

The last time we played played we walked out with a 1-1 draw.

I think we will continue so show sluggish perfromance but with this being a home game we should garner all 3 points.

The thing that concerns me is sonny anderson has hit a rich vein and might cause of backline some grief.

They sit in 5th place with 33 point

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Zizou is out
but what is the story on Ronaldo???

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
as far as i know,
zizou injured,
helguera and beckham suspended
meija probably plays for pavon as a central defender.

casillas, carlos, bravo, meija, salgado, guti, nunez, solari, raul, figo and ronaldo.

tonight the tv will boardcast this game free on live. so i shouldn't go out for it. :D

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AS is reporting that Ronaldo will be fit in time for the match.

I say we rest him and if we struggle than bring him on in the 2nd half. Villareal have never won in Madrid so let's get Ronaldo back to 100% well rested.

I think he needs a vacation, hmmm London maybe:tongue:

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
sagyv said:
what? what time is the broadcast in "hell"?
:cool: it is about 2:30am tonight in the hell hong kong.
sadly, the earliest spanish matches just play at 12:00pm.
but so far real's games never play at this rather better moment.
what a hateful time difference!!! :eek: :(

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Ronaldo needs to play as much as possible. He is not particularly hard working on trainning sessions and he needs GAMES to keep fit. That´s how he likes it. Besides we cannot live without his daily goal (what an amazing ratio he is having this season!). I prefer to start him if possible.

Helguera is suspended for a 5th yellow.
Pavón is injured.
Yes, Mejía might take his place (let´s see this guy, he has good references), BUT Becks is not suspended. He will play. The two yellows he caught on Wednesday apply for Copa return leg.

Being a home game I can´t think of less than three points. The team has got a lot of confidence after the Valencia game.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
my line up

casilllas
salgado - bravo - ruben - carlos
becks - helguera
figo - raul - solari
ronaldo

i dont think we will be able to get the three points even though we won valencia 3-0 a few days ago

·
Registered
738 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
my line up

casilllas
salgado - bravo - ruben - carlos
becks - helguera
figo - raul - solari
ronaldo

i dont think we will be able to get the three points even though we won valencia 3-0 a few days ago
Ruben is injured. Helguera - suspended... Alvaro Mejía is going to play.

and what's up with Juanfran? Is he defender o midfilder?

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
So... trademark Galactico's featuring WOODEN POSTS vs. competent yet scared team then :D .

30 minutes Villareal onslaught where Sonny Anderson and Riquelme do everything right only to miss inexplicably in front of goal... a moment of sublime Zidane vision, picking out "The Fat One" with some kind of alien pass, Ronaldo dummying 2 defenders in one move after having been a colossus spectator until this very moment... clinically sidestepping the keeper for the go-ahead... Real picks up a gear... get's the second on a beautiful break with Figo staying on his feet for a sustained period of 10 seconds to find Raul at the far post... Real falling back into cruise... Casillas doing supernatural things at the back without being able to prevent a late consolation goal for Villareal.

Perez and Valdano beaming with delight and Real momentarily back in first.

So... what else is new :;) ?

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
studi said:
Ruben is injured. Helguera - suspended... Alvaro Mejía is going to play.

and what's up with Juanfran? Is he defender o midfilder?

juanfran is midfield right - figo's position but C.Q prefers nunez over juanfran so he is 3rd option (he is 18 years only)

and am suprised C.Q still didnt give jurado the chance to play! he has some great talents

and i saw mejia play, he is a good defender but bad positioning

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glen said:
So... trademark Galactico's featuring WOODEN POSTS vs. competent yet scared team then :D .

wooden post!??:rolleyes: :eek: :D

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
just came home and checked the match results on livescore.com.:D
66' 2:0 Solari, Ronaldo:star:

Could be we play shit, but we will take the points.;)

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
match ended few minutes ago and what a great second half from real madrid although the last minutes scared me when villareal scored

mejia played a good game so did guti
we could have scored more but on the other hand could have conceded more but we played better :)

after watching this match this would be my ideal line up for the rest of the season

casillas
salgado - mejia(bravo) - helguera - carlos
becks - guti
figo - raul - zidane
ronaldo

pavon back to real madrid B :D

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Rm did not play bad Lili, they could scored a bunch of goals but ended scoring only 2

Awesome goal from Ronaldo and people still want to compare him to a french striker that can´t hit shit with either his feet hehe

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Liternit said:
Rm did not play bad Lili, they could scored a bunch of goals but ended scoring only 2

Awesome goal from Ronaldo and people still want to compare him to a french striker that can´t hit shit with either his feet hehe
yeah superb goal, one touch!

juanfran had a run in the last 15 minutes, looked good and dribbeld a bit

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Liternit said:

hey, that's good to hear. :) Unfortunately i still can't watch LaLiga matches:cry:, just then and when one is on our national TV! :depress:

At least i'll see the goals on a german tv programm.
So no Villareal pressure?

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Real_Madrid said:

casillas, salgado, mejia, helguera, carlos, becks, guti, figo, raul, zidane and ronaldo
exactly!
mejia plays pretty well this game.
he successfully frozes villarreal's forwards.
and this is the debut for mejia and juanfran?
moreover, solari proves himself again and again.
so i can't see why we must buy new players for zizou and figo than use solari.
our defenders are afraid of header and attack from air.
after figo, raul and carlos begin substituted, we lose control over the field.
that is why we lost a goal finally.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts