Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is getting good. ;)

(Local time)
Jan. 26th:
V. Guimarães - - Salgueiros - 4pm
FC Porto - - Marítimo - 6pm Live on Sport TV
Alverca - - Sporting - 9pm Live on RTP 1 (which means RTPi also – I believe)

Jan. 27th:
U. Leiria - - Paços Ferreira 3pm
Gil Vicente - - Santa Clara 4pm
Farense - - Sp. Braga 4pm
Beira Mar - - Varzim 4pm
Belenenses - - Boavista 6pm Live on Sport TV
V. Setúbal - - Benfica 8pm Live on Sport TV

So Maritimo is coming to the Antas, but I think it will be a Porto win. Nelo Vingada will have to take some B players with him, so that doesn't look too good.

Alverca-Sporting seems easy for Sporting too, Alverca’s record at home is not that great.

Belenenses-Boavista should be a good game. I’m hoping for my second team to do well. ;)

As for Setubal-Benfica, I see a win in our future. ;) But that doesn’t always work.. We won’t have Simao, but Zaho is back, and hopefully Janke will keep on scoring.

Good to see things so close.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It's going to be a great week and intresting soccer week in the portuguese league.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Yep another big matchday...

Sporting & Boavista are starting to emerge as title favourites but both have tricky away games. Alverca recently held Sporting in the Cup but they say lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place and I think Jardel will continue his goalscoring form and SCP will win.

Boavista are in great form again after a sticky patch in November/December. But going to Belem will be tough and a draw would be a decent result for them.

A big day for Porto and Mourinho and 3 points is a must but Maritimo seem to raise their game against the big clubs so it will be tough.

And Setubal should give Benfica a better game than lame Salgueiros did last weekend but Setubal have gone off the boil recently so I think Benfica will win this one but I'm hoping for a 5-2 Setubal win and Yekini to score ;)

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Dan said:

And Setubal should give Benfica a better game than lame Salgueiros did last weekend but Setubal have gone off the boil recently so I think Benfica will win this one but I'm hoping for a 5-2 Setubal win and Yekini to score ;)
What are you gonna do with your remaining two wishes? Remember to wish for more whishes on your third wish!:D

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
My next wish is for Porto to score another 2 goals in the 2nd half and win 4-0 against Maritimo :proud: :D Ladys and Gentelmen, FC Porto is back in business. Write us off at your own peril ;)

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
V. Guimarães 3-0 Salgueiros
FC Porto 2-1 Marítimo
Alverca 1-3 Sporting

:yuck: ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
WE WON , WE WON!!!!!!:happy:..............:crybaby:

WE ARE THE KING OF THE WORLD , WHOOOOOOO!!:howler:

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Way to go Sporting and that penalty and that was such a great decision :rollani:

I wouldn't put it past the FPF to place a Sporting fan in charge of refereeing a Sporting game :rollani: ;)

But despite an obvious injury Jardel still goes and scores a hatrick :rollani: If anything Sporting are more effective without Niculae. They can play 1 up front and thats the best way to play with him IMO... Just throw in some crosses and he'll do the rest. Who needs Niculae, as good as he is. 4-5-1 is the way to go with MJ. When Niculae comes back he'll score less goals and maybe Sporting will start dropping some points. But sadly Niculae's injury appears to be very bad and won't be back for a long time....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts