Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

vs

The last game before a two-week winter break takes place this Wednesday evening at the Bernabeu.

Sevilla are on a high at the moment after a 2-1 victory over fierce local rivals Real Betis in the derby on Sunday, so that win undoubtedly gives them a fresh confidence boost ahead of their trip to Madrid.

We didn't play particularly well against Santander, but I am very pleased with the win no matter how it was achieved especially as Barcelona went on to drop points at home to Valencia.

Ronaldo is expected to start against Sevilla after taking part in full training today- with Michael Owen once again taking his place on the bench.

Garcia Remon has stated that Beckham was dropped against Racing Santander because of a dip in form, something we can only expect to see happen once in a blue moon.

So I expect both Beckham and Carlos to return to the starting line-up on Wednesday night.

Our home form has been pretty much immaculate this season, but this will be a very tough game.

We need to win to stay close to Barcelona but Sevilla are a hell of a team, who already have an impressive win at the Mestalla this season.

This game is very tough to predict but Madrid have to be at their best to win this one, that's for sure.

I am praying for a win so we can lay the foundations for a serious title push in the second half of the season, but dropping points here will seriously dent our hopes.

Live on:

Al Jazeera Sport
Canal+ Spain
Canal + Belgique
Sky Sports 1
Sport TV (delay)
Supersport 2
TV4 Plus

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
We didn't play particularly well against Santander, but I am very pleased with the win no matter how it was achieved especially as Barcelona went on to drop points at home to Barcelona.
At this point and in this form only we ourselves can make us lose points FAIRLY at home :shades: :happy:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Morientes and Roberto Carlos are out of the convocatory for this match, officially because they are injured. On the other hand, today El Pais and AS say that Roberto Carlos has told the club that he wants to leave this winter (they player has denied it later though) and this fact has increased the rumours about his departure. Also Morientes has been involved in transfer rumours lately.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Owen can expect to be benched again???

Ive got to feel sorry for him.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Morientes and Roberto Carlos are out of the convocatory for this match, officially because they are injured. On the other hand, today El Pais and AS say that Roberto Carlos has told the club that he wants to leave this winter (they player has denied it later though) and this fact has increased the rumours about his departure. Also Morientes has been involved in transfer rumours lately.
I think this winter break we will see the worst “outbreak” of rumors.
We will have a big circus with marca, AS and the "sun" leading all the rumors,
Making Perez laughing all the way...

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I'll take a tie, if we can get it.

Sevilla is a damn good team.

I miss Jordi Lopez :(

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Sevilla is good and tough, but games after their derbies are hard. So much energy is spent in the derby that they come spent.

I wonder what the truth is about Roberto Carlos, he is once again left out of the team and all the rumors abound that he wants to leave. Is he being benched on purpose? :confused:

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Roberto carlos will be the new assistant director manager to the new senior VP of shoes and laces.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
sagyv said:
Roberto carlos will be the new assistant director manager to the new senior VP of shoes and laces.

Damn, Hierro gets snubbed again, huh? :pp

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
3ksnd said:
Owen/Raul set to start.

interesting.
ye, i guess ronaldo is not fully fit.
beckham is back in midfield :yuck: i guess perez was already mad because he is losing money everytime he don't play...

should be a tough game. i can't even try to predict how our players will play,
this might end in another 1:1 or in a 4:0

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
So far the line-up for today looks like this, with slight last-minute changes:

1 - I. Casillas

2 - M. Salgado
6 - I. Helguera
19 - W. Samuel
15 - R. Bravo :)doh: the agony)

10 - L. Figo
23 - D. Beckham (but according to As: Javi Garcia)
14 - J. M. Guti
5 - Z. Zidane

7 - Raul
11 - M. Owen (El Pequeño Asesino)

1. Ronaldo's injury is still stringent, therefore he will start on the bench and make way for M. Owen.

2. Roberto Carlos aggravated an injury, hence he will not be available for this match, might be on the bench again.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Brilliant start by Real Madrid . . . keeping the pressure and passing very well . . . so far 0-0 in 7 minutes of the first half.

·
Registered
489 Posts
we have more possession but sevilla has more shots...

·
Registered
489 Posts
damn!

1 - 20 of 237 Posts