Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There
im new to this forum. I'm chilean 2. I wanted to start a thread on this guy. he just made his debut for Chile, and he is one of our great hopes. from what ive read he has played really well for Servette depite the team's plight. Any servette fans here that would like to add something? Last I read was that Servette accepted an offer from Monaco (kinda funny tho cuz his "pass" belongs to Colo colo he is on loan to Servette :mad: )

·
Registered
228 Posts
I´ve got question about him.
How many games did he play for Univ. Concepcion during 2002 and how many games did he play for them during 2003?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I haven't seen him play a whole game, so no rating available from my side. What I can say is that he helped Servette improve a little and got some scoring point. They are almost bankrupt, so it's not surprising they're trying to sell players they don't even own. :smileani:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Hi you guys from Chile

First of all Servette doesn't have any fans (at least not in this forum), so you must rely on the judgements of Redblue Power and me.... :shades:

Then as it goes for Valdivia himself.... well as a supporter of FC Thun 1898 I do not have good memories on him. He was the guy who scored the second goal for Servette in a 3:1 win over us in about the 90' minute. I do not dislike him for that goal but very much for the show he then set up on the pitch of Stade de Geneve. He ran about half the pitch, pulling off his shirt, waving the corner flag, initiating several LaOlas with home fans and finally slapping the red card (second bookable offence), which was shown to him for all this cabaret, out of the referee's hand.... It lasted at least four minutes until the game could get on again.... The most infuriating thing was that (former) Thun coach Latour was sent off when complaining about the delay of the game. Scenes which led to some nasty actions in the away stand... Summarizing the whole story, Thun fans do not like him at all....

As for his game and his skills I can hardly judge him as I don't see him play very often. In the first game of the season in Thun the whole Servette team was a no-show and got thrashed three-nil.

Another incident I remember was when Valdivia was booked in a game against Young Boys for kicking the ball away in the 90th minute, he even complained for that yellow card and was immediately sent off (again) for arguing....

So all I know is more of an unsportsmanlike conduct - but he certainly CAN play some decent football....

Cheers
East Ender

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
I know of him and hes nothing to write home about .. so so player..and PLEASE excuse the friends from Switzerland ...But if he was any better..would he be playing in the Swiss Alps ???

No way Jose :mute:

There is your answer !!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
colocolo said:
and PLEASE excuse the friends from Switzerland ...But if he was any better..would he be playing in the Swiss Alps ???
Oh you needn't worry. You are quite right. It's a shame but you are right.... :( The only positive thing for the Swiss League is that young talents can make the jump to big leagues by having one or two splendid years in Switzerland. So have done the likes of Giovane Elber, Ivan Zamorano and other notables... Once every decennium.... :shades:

Btw His club Servette FC is almost bankrupt, so they have to get rid of any players they can. There are rumours that Monaco and Marseille have shown interest for Valdivia - serious question: why this? Quality teams hiring inadequate players does not make any sense to me!

Cheers
East Ender

1 - 6 of 6 Posts