Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
24,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(

just heard the news...he got injured in the game with barcelona and apparently wont recover in time for the WC:(:(

terrible news for jorge, who is one of the players who really deserved playing there ( u will be there for the next WC jorge!!!!!)

and also terrible news for our NT as there is nobody at the same level to replace him .....

:hangover:

·
Administrator
24,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think ze castro will become a class CB yes, but maybe its a bit early to call him...

i actually prefer caneira to fernando meira, whom i think is very very overated...
I think scolari will play meira in andrade's place though, and call up someone else..maybe rocha? i think that although he can make some stupid fouls at times, hes better than tonel

nunes was doing great in braga yes....the thing is, andrade is such class, that appart from ricardo carvalho, nobody really comes close to both of them...what we have then is quite a group of quality CB's ,but its just not the same

oh well

·
Registered
49 Posts
not being bias here but I believe Emanuel is best candidate to replace Andrade. He is great leader in and out field, has played with Nuno Valente, Paulo Ferreira and Ricardo Carvalho with Porto..so he'll fit in well. Also he's a good defender that knows our soccer very well. For me Emanuel is my pick to replace Andrade.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Emanuel has chose to play for Angola. So I guess you will play with Meira and Carvalho in the World Cup. You should qualify from the group anyway, but the with this news I think you will have problems in the next phase of the tournament.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Scolari quer Jorge Andrade na Alemanha
MESMO QUE NÃO POSSA AJUDAR NO CAMPO

O presidente da Federação Portuguesa de Futebol, Gilberto Madaíl, e o seleccionador nacional, Luiz Felipe Scolari, manifestaram, através de um comunicado colocado no "site" federativo, solidariedade e apoio a Jorge Andrade, que se lesionou com gravidade no sábado à noite.

“É uma péssima notícia para nós, mas o Jorge Andrade fará sempre parte do nosso grupo, quer esteja ou não em condições físicas para dar o seu contributo dentro de campo. Se ele quiser e puder, estará connosco na Alemanha, no seio de uma equipa que continua a ser a sua", diz Scolari.

“Na noite da lesão, enviei-lhe uma mensagem de solidariedade e apoio através do Deco que esteve pessoalmente com ele. Estas situações acontecem, mas o mais importante é pensar no futuro com confiança.”, concluiu o seleccionador.

Por seu turno, Gilberto Madaíl, também manifestou a solidariedade ao jogador do Deportivo, garantindo que a FPF dará todo o apoio necessário.

“Quero enviar um forte abraço ao Jorge Andrade e desejar-lhe uma recuperação rápida para que possa voltar aos relvados o mais rapidamente possível. Desde já, coloco à sua disposição, caso necessite, todos os meios técnicos e humanos da Federação Portuguesa de Futebol.”, resumiu o líder federativo.

The article on andrade from record, scolari wants him to travel with the squad to the WC, even if injured, because he is part of the team

·
Registered
5,903 Posts

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
BeiraMarense said:
He is currently being rejected from going to Angola by FIFA because of four U-21 games he played for Portugal.
Ah ok, thanks for the information. Sad that he cannot play for Angola, he would really improve their team.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
It was painful to see the images, it was totally accidental. He was trying to cover a run of Eto'o and he tried to cover the shot from our striker, but at the same time, Molina (Depor's goalie) tried to cover the same shot and both Depor players clashed. The leg of Andrade got stuck to the pitch and the whole weight of his body falling twisted his knee.

Since the first moment, his knee looked awful, you saw that not everything was in the right place and, also the faces of the players of both teams with the hands in the head. It was horrible.

He had scored a goal in the first half. I'm sorry guys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts