Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 847 Posts

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Jordi Alba is born 21st March 1989 in L'Hospitalet and came last summer from Cornellà. Before Cornellà, he was at Barcelona but was thrown out because he was too short, similar to David Silva at Barcelona, but is know even taller than Bojan! :strong:

At Barcelona, he was playing on the right side but at Cornellà, Valencia and the Spanish U19-team, he's a left winger.

He recently got his chances at Mestalla and took it. Suddenly becoming the best player of the team with multiple assists and some goals.

Now discuss this guy and his future! :star:

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is what Koeman says about him:
"He's a player that I've seen in various amounts of game and I've liked him, we also have Vicente some minor injury problems and Jordi can replace him because he has talent and I like to give players from the academy the chance"

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Well we're awaiting the debut:D

I think we have enough wingers but the guy deserves a chance.

If there's one thing about Koeman that's positive is the fact that he gives youngsters a chance.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Good luck to him, he has got to Vicente and Mata to contend with on the left, hopefully he will get his chance soon to show what he is made off.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vicente is gone from the game so it will probably not be that big of a problem, we'll see later.

Mestalla players that have debuted so far:
Montoro - Well, nothing special, played out of position, can't judge him. Nothing impressive but is still young.
Lombán - Also out of position some games but have been good in other when he played as a CB. Maybe is something to keep the eye on.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Loan them to Getafe next season:pp

What about Pierrick? Why isn't he getting called up?

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Loan them to Getafe next season:pp

What about Pierrick? Why isn't he getting called up?
Pierrick is in crap form, haven't scored for weeks now.
Michel is the leading scorer and came to Mestalla this summer, he's more of a supporting striker than a pure one.

The team is still young so I would wait to judge them before although it's some good steps forward with Jordi Alba now. We miss Aarón though :D

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
feckin Pierrick:wallbang:
He has Etoo'o's finishing it seems:D

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hehe, the stuff that makes the african striker uncomplete, the finishing :D
Always strong, fast, good technique, fantastic shooting and so on but then it's the finish that usually becomes a problem :D

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Only Benzema has the finishing:D

Unless Algeria is not 'African':pp

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I count Benzema as french but that's another thing :D
Arab-African countries have more the cynical European stuff in them while the rest of Africa is more or less the wannabe-South America but still have something that doesn't make them into South America :D
My theory is just getting way and way dumber and dumber :pp

But anyways, this is about Jordi Alba, the left-footed Garrincha! :hopeful:

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Garrincha got nothing on Alba:pp

You think he'll get some playing time tomorrow?

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No... but I hope he get's some minutes if we're leading with 2-0 or 3-0 with 15 minutes to go but asking for that in this period... well :D

But we're going through a period of change now, it came too late and we lived for too long on the team of Benitez.

But let's say he got some time, damn, how young would the team be then? :D
Albiol (85)
Sunny (88)
Banega (88)
Silva (86)
Mata (88)
Alba (89)

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
jesus wept friki, you jump on the band wagan so easily sometimes. he hasnt even played for the first team yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No... I don't jump on anything, I'm the creator of the bandwagons ;)

And so far, I've only got rights, I hyped Mata, Sisi, Pablo H and Banega, now name one of them that have flopped? :D

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
well we shall see what sisi and pablo can do when they are valencia players. Banega looks very talented and has done really well but it's still early days. Mata i like but he's been as bad sometimes as he's been good

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jordi Alba dominates as usual for Mestalla with a perfect assist to Sandaza in the latest game for Mestalla (1-1 after a late equalizer from the opponents) :proud:

U19 call up were;
Aarón, Lillo and Alba

1 - 20 of 847 Posts