1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Yesssssssssssssssssssssss

Today, 4 o'clock Amman,s time.

Faisali face Wihdat tonight

2/14/2005 5:06:00 AM GT

The Kingdom's top two teams, Faisali and Wihdat, will play today at 4:00 pm at Amman International Stadium in the premiership first round postponed match -SUJ

Amman (SUJ) – The Kingdom's top two teams, Faisali and Wihdat, will play tonight in one of the most anticipated matches at 4:00 pm at Amman International Stadium in the premiership first round postponed match.

Both teams have met 56 times within the Premiership league matches, with Faisali having won 24 times, Wihdat 16 and 15 matches ending in draws.

Faisali who stands at top of the table aims at maintaining an unbeaten streak trying to win their record 31st and 6th consecutive Premiership title.

Faisali not only maintained an unbeaten record, their goalie Amer Shafi' only allowed one goal in seven matches.
On the other hand, runner up Wihdat look to recapture the title they last won in 1997, only scored nine goals and will be hoping to win and boost their championship.

With the two postponed matches against Wihdat and Hussein Irbid, defending champions Faisali remain top of the table with 21 points, followed by Wihdat with 20 points in second place, while Baqaa who are not far off stand with 19 points meanwhile Shabab Urdun, who are newcomers to the elite group of 10, stand in fourth. Hussein, who were runner-up last year and have yet to win the title, are 5th followed by Ramtha. Shabab Hussein in seventh place and Kufrsoum eighth. In ninth place stands Ahli who failed to score a single win, are 9th and newcomers That Ras are in tenth and last place.

Teams are now nearly ready for the Feb. 20 restart of the second round of the 53rd Premier League Championship, the most prestigious football competition of the 2004/05 season.

So far this season, Faisali beat titleholders Hussein 2-1 to win their record 12th Cup Winners' Cup. Wihdat, who have not won a major title in two years and third in last year's league behind Faisali and Hussein, beat titleholders Hussein 3-2 in the 23rd Jordan Football Association (JFA) Shield final to win another title of the 2004/05 season.

Faisali, Wihdat, Hussein and Shabab Hussein had qualified to the semifinals of the 25th Jordan Cup after 10 Premier League teams, in addition to the top six teams in the First Division, competed on a knockout basis.

Wihdat will play Faisali while Shabab Hussein play Hussein on May 31st before the winners play in the final on June 3.

The 2003/04 season titles were split between Faisali and Hussein. Faisali beat Hussein to win their 3rd consecutive and 14th Jordan Cup. They also won their 30th overall and 5th consecutive Premier League Championship.

Hussein won the other two titles — the Cup Winners' Cup and the JFA Shield.

·
Registered
60,551 Posts
Read that Alaa Ibrahim scored both goals and played really well ! :thmbup:

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Watta match! Beautiful match by both teams. The two early goals killed El-Faisaly hopes in comming back to the game especially with the solid wihdati defense.

Hasan Abdel-Fatah El-Wihdat player watta talent this kid has! He is MOM in my opinion. Abdel-Ilah El-Hanahneh, El-Faisaly right wing is an amazing kid as well.

Al'a Ibraheem played his best match maybe since he came in. He scored two easy goals if you ask me and wasted 4 others maybe because El-Faisaly goalie is Amer Shafi who saved El-Faisaly arses from a murder in the 1st half, but still he scored in the 2nd and the 10th minutes of the match which was the blade that cut the hopes of the game for Faisaly.

All in all, beautiful game, beautiful skills from both teams youngsters and nice sportmanshipity the whole game.

There is a report on Al-Arabia after an hour about the game by the way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hasan Abdul fatah is the next baggio for Jordan, just give him a few years and he would be playing in westren europe

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Abdel Ilah Hanahneh is going to play abroad I am sure of that. Maybe of the European clubs can develope his amazing talent. He is only 19 years and plays like 6 well experienced players!

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
Pooh are you Faisalawi or Whihdati
All the Jordanians in Kuwait support Al Faislai
And all the Palestinians in Kuwait support Al Whihdat

Thy said to me Al- Faislai for Jordan and Al- Whihdat for Palestinians/ Jordanians
Is that’s right ?

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
I am not Wihdati or Faisalawi, I just observe certain players that catch my eyes regardless their teams, but I have that spot for Wihdat for the sake of Abdallah Abu Zama the greatest Jordanian player ever maybe and I also love watching Shabab El-Hussain for Amjad El-Shuaibi's sake, one of the most amazing youngsters in the region recently.

Well, El-Wihdat is the biggest refugee camp club in Jordan, so the notion about that it is for Palesinians in Jordan and El-Faisaly because its the eldest club in Jordan (established in 1944) Jordanians support it, the problem now lies actually in how to recognise and define a "Palestinian" and the "Jordanian" and get to know who is who?!I have met so many Jordanians that not only dislike El-Faisaly but hate it to the bones, also met Palestinians that hate El-Wihdat club to the bones as well! So many Palestinians play in El-Faisaly to mention a few, Hassouna El-Shikh (who plays now in Bahrain), Adnan Awad-El-Faisaly captin, Mohammed Khamis one of the their best youngsters, Mohammed Mounir, Mohammed Zuhair, Hatim Akil, Qusai Abu Alia(the famous DM) and so many others (note that one of them might be Jordanian but how the heck you can tell) Wihdat is a different matter in this case just because of its very sensitive and special situation of being established as a social club to serve the sportive needs of the refugee camp youth they tend to only have Jordanian from Palestinian origins but lately they opened the door for Jordanians to play for the club and actually a couple of players are not training with them, I heard one of them was playing in the Brazilian club Flamengo youth teams before he comes back to Jordan!

It's a very complicated matter really so fans just raise as Wihdatia or Faisalawia following a family tradition maybe or could be anything else.

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
Thanks for the Information’s Pooh.
Most of these Information’s I didn’t know it

Any way good luck to both of them in the Jordan League and the AFC Cup

And im Sorry for what happened between us before

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
You are very welcome Mussav.

Back to the Jordanian league, today El-Faisaly lost another valuable 3 points when the team performed very bad and lost 2-0 agains El-Hussain Irbid in Irbid. The defense sucks big time while El-Hussain Irbid played this game beautifully.

Players to watch:

El-Faisaly: El-Hanahneh(19 years) as usual, Khalid Saad as usual(22 years) and Hussain Zyad(18 years) watta skillful lad.

El-Hussain Irbid: The whole team player very well, but Ahmed Hatamleh(22 years) destroyed El-Faisaly midfield with his skills and energy.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
The standings after the end of the 1st half of the league:

1- Wihdat 23 points.
2- Faisaly 21 points.
3- Baq'a 19 points.
4- Hussain Irbid 16 points.
5- Shaba El-Ordon 14 points.
6- Ramtha 13 points.
7- Shabab El-Hussain 7 points.
8- Kufforsoom 6 points.
9- El-Ahly 4 points.
10- That Rass 3 points.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Today Baq'a missed a great chance for jumping onto the 2nd place after getting only a tie from Ramtha 1-1.

Shabab El-Hussain won 1-0 over Ahly to get closer to secure their place in the league.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Wihdat won again today against Kufforsoom 3-1. Alaa Ibraheem scored two and Rafat Ali scored the third for Wihdat while Hussain Irbid could not get better than a point from Shabab El-Ordon in Amman.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts