Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Jordan national football team (known by its fans as Nashama) is the national team of Jordan and is controlled by the Jordan Football Association. They have never made the World Cup. The team has improved since Egyptian head coach Mahmoud El-Gohary took over in 2002, and with him they qualified for their first Asian Cup in 2004. In June veteran coach Mahmoud El-Gohary resigned from his position as head coach of the Jordanian national football team. No reason was given for his resignation but it was not unexpected since he failed to take the team to the Asian Cup in 2007 and he didn't manage to win the WAFF Championship 2007 which was held in Jordan the same year. After the resignation of El-Gohary several coaches were approached to take on the position as the new head coach of the Jordanian national football team and at last the JFA signed a contract with portuguese coach Nelo Vingada. Nelo Vingada is Jordans new hope to get to the World Cup in 2010 which will be held in South Africa. The best FIFA ranking ever that Jordan team reached was the 37th in August 2004.
----

Discuss :cool:

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Me as a Jordanian, I am not optimistic about our chances of making the second round of the qualifications let alone the actual dream, the WC. We have some real great talents but the dishonesty and special relationships always a blockage on our way.

·
MVP
8,980 Posts
What about the Al Gohary effect, hasn't it left an impact?

You guys were on a serious rise in terms of results and organised style of play during the beginning of his era.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Al-Gohary had a great impact on the players but he fooked up at the end and that dose not take the beautiful moments we lived in the first three years under his charge.

However, the new generation of players are better than the oldies, better techniques, better imagination, better abilities, better in everything yet half of them will not join the NT anytime soon due to what I have mentioned in my previous post, dishonesty and special relationships.

About the organised playstyle, we got fed up with stopping the bus infront of the goal, people wanted a more entertaining style and Vingada is supposed to bring that with him.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Jordan won against Oman in Muscat 0-3. Both teams played with mostly Olympic players. Jordan had only three veterans and the rest were a combination of the Olympic team and the U-20 team participated in YWC in Canada.

Auday Al-Saifay scored the first goal and Raed Al-Nawateer scored the other two.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Should be. The new kids are good and if the JFF gave them the same attention they gave Al-Gohary boys, they will achieve much more than qualifying to the next round in Asian cup.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Nothing man, forget it.

Abdallah Deeb is doing great with Rifa' in Bahrain. News that Bolton are linked to him since he actually trained with their youth teams for three months and they are contacting him again.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
What a terrible team, terrible game, terrible tactic, terrible coach, terrible fans, terrible players, terrible everything.....yesterday nothing was right!

Bye bye South Africa 2010!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did not see the game and I dont know how good North Korea are, but they did score the goal from a freekick and only because the players moved, if they hadnt moved it wouldnt have reached the goal. They have almost 2 months until the next game to improve these things and hopefully they will. It pissed me off that they lost but it was only one goal from a freekick.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
shormborm said:
I did not see the game and I dont know how good North Korea are, but they did score the goal from a freekick and only because the players moved, if they hadnt moved it wouldnt have reached the goal. They have almost 2 months until the next game to improve these things and hopefully they will. It pissed me off that they lost but it was only one goal from a freekick.

If north Korea played with any club in Jordan they would have lost.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
After the win against Turkemnstan and the precious draw against S.Korea in Seoul, the Nashama have restored their luck in a seat in the fourth stage of the qualifeirs and more importantly, restored the fans confidence in them.

Now we are in third place with 4 points with only one point difference with S.Korea and N.Korea who both have 5 points.

Next game is next satureday in Amman against S.Korea. A draw will be perfect.

Three games left with the game against S.Korea next satureday. Next we will fly to N. Korea and then back to Jordan play against the Turks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts