Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomasson handed Danish prize Tuesday 28 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon Dahl Tomasson has committed his future to Milan on the same day that he’s been named Danish Player of the Year.

The striker has been awarded the honour after receiving the highest number of votes from his fellow Danish professionals.

Tomasson will be handed the prize this evening via a TV link between a Copenhagen studio and the Milanello training complex.

The ex-Newcastle player was a major factor in the Rossoneri’s Scudetto success last season.

However, there are doubts regarding his future after struggling to make an impact so far this term.

But Tomasson insists he is ready to stay with the outfit despite the recent stiff competition from Hernan Crespo.

"I want to continue my career with Milan," he stated. "People are saying that Crespo will now be picked above me but that isn’t necessarily the case.

"Crespo is a champion but the club have great faith in me. I will take advantage of any opportunities I’m given."

channel4

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Nominees

Four other players were also nominated:

Thomas Gravesen (Everton)
Niclas Jensen (Dortmund)
Thomas Kahlenberg (Brøndby)
Per Krøldrup (Udinese)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts