Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rising Star & XCC Winner 2002
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess you have all heard or read the news by now. Apperently he is in Milan today to have the medical check and negotiate the last details in the contract.

So what do you think, will he make it there?

I personally have my doubts at the moment. The way I see it, Milan has to sell one of either Sheva and Pippo for Jon Dahl to have a chance. Untill they do that, I can't see him succeeding since he is far from being hard working (defensively) as a midfielder.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Ane said:
I guess you have all heard or read the news by now. Apperently he is in Milan today to have the medical check and negotiate the last details in the contract.

So what do you think, will he make it there?

I personally have my doubts at the moment. The way I see it, Milan has to sell one of either Sheva and Pippo for Jon Dahl to have a chance. Untill they do that, I can't see him succeeding since he is far from being hard working (defensively) as a midfielder.
Well I find Dahl as a very hard working player and I could easily se him play next to Pippo. I also think that Dahl will fit great into the play of Rui Costa.

I never saw him try, but if Milan demand him to do so, then I wouldn't be surprised if he could cover one of the winger positions.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Re: Re: Jon Dahl to Milan

Rimmer said:
I never saw him try, but if Milan demand him to do so, then I wouldn't be surprised if he could cover one of the winger positions.
That is where you go wrong, Rimmer. Jon Dahl does not have the technique nor the speed to play on the wing. Trust me on this one: Jon Dahl will have to fight a lot to get playing time in the front row but he CANNOT play on the wing! I am positive! IF he gets a place in Milan's line up it should be as 'secundo punta'.

Anyway, just my POV. :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I think this is very interesting. I must admit, that with all the Danes there I can't help but hope they do good :). I also have my heavy doubts over wether he can get a place among the starting 11, but maybe, who knows. He's a great player IMO, and I have always protected him when people have attacked him (ain't that right Kee and Freddy :stuckup: ). I think he has a chance, in case of injuries, or if they sell some of their main frontmen.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Jon Dahl to Milan

laziali said:

That is where you go wrong, Rimmer. Jon Dahl does not have the technique nor the speed to play on the wing. Trust me on this one: Jon Dahl will have to fight a lot to get playing time in the front row but he CANNOT play on the wing! I am positive! IF he gets a place in Milan's line up it should be as 'secundo punta'.

Anyway, just my POV. :)

Agreed he isn't one of the worlds most skillful players, but if asked to do so, then I think that his work-rate does that he could cover one of the wingerpositions.

About his speed; Milan isn't really a team know for bringing in crosses from the back line.

All in all I find Dahl as a very valuable player, maybe not the kind of player you would expect to se at AC Milan, but for sure Dahl visions for finding the free space and his work rate is first class.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Hehe:D

I'll first change my view on this guy, when he starts scoring on those 100% chances. He had some good moments in the Israel match, where he actually scored on a 100% chance:eek:. Well that was nice to see, but not enough to change my view on him. Sorry DBOY:)

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Yakubu said:
Hehe:D

I'll first change my view on this guy, when he starts scoring on those 100% chances. He had some good moments in the Israel match, where he actually scored on a 100% chance:eek:. Well that was nice to see, but not enough to change my view on him. Sorry DBOY:)
You don't see players with a work-rate like Dahl score on all his chances. If you run 90 min seaching for the free spaces, then he of cause can't keep the score-rate like a box-player.

The reason why he is so valuable is that he gets to all these chances.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Rimmer said:
You don't see players with a work-rate like Dahl score on all his chances. If you run 90 min seaching for the free spaces, then he of cause can't keep the score-rate like a box-player.

The reason why he is so valuable is that he gets to all these chances.
Very true, but I still don't like him:)

·
Registered
263 Posts
On a personal level i wish him good luck...because he will need it at the San Siro.You can be a perfectly good striker before you go there,but many players are never the same after they leave,but perhaps that's just my view.

I think there is a strong chance that Javi Moreno will be sold back to Spain,so that is 1 less player ahead of Jon Dahl - but he will still be behind Inzaghi,Shevchenko and maybe even Jose Mari.As for the other danish players,well Laursen may hang around,but i think Helveg was already involved in a deal which will see him go to Inter in 1 seasons time,maybe i'm wrong about that,but i don't think JDT can be sure of too much while at AC Milan.He clearly was sold to Newcastle too soon in his career,and it took time to recover his confidence & form.This year hasn't been too great for him at Feyenoord(unlike the season before),but he has shown he can cut it in the CL in the past,so we'll just have to wait and see how things develop i guess.:)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I don't get why peope are so negative around this transfer, I seriously believe he'll be very succesful :). The reason why I believe in him is, that he's a player who makes alot of space for his attacking-partner, and he's in no way a primadonna much like other Milan players. Therefore I'm sure he'll accept being benched sometimes, and grab his chance when he gets it, because there's no doubt he will with injuries and Europa-Cup footy. Anyway, I'm sure he'll be succesful since he has a tottaly different way of playing from Sheva and Inzaghi, making him an ideal partner IMHO.

With all the Danes there, especially Laursen and Jon Dahl, Milan is now my Italian team :). It has really awoken my interest with Jon's arrival, I think it's amazing because I can't remember when we had a great Danish attacker in a big Italian club since Elkjær and the Laudrups.

Thumbs up :proud:!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts