Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TeamTALK
7/9/02

Chelsea have announced that midfielder Slavisa Jokanovic, who had reached the end of his Blues contract, has been released by the club.

Reports had suggested that Claudio Ranieri was keen to keep the former Yugoslavia international at Stamford Bridge, however the club have decided against retaining his services.

Jokanovic made 53 starts for The Blues after joining the club for £1.7million from Deportivo La Coruna, with whom he won the Spanish championship, in October 2000.

Jokanovic, who was at times the subject of criticism from sections of the Chelsea crowd, was recently linked with a move to Primera League outfit Rayo Vallecano.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Good luck to him, wherever he ends up :)

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
GOOD! i remember when he stamped on a sunderland player's head at stamford brdge last year and i don't think he got caught!

DIRTY PLAYER! good rinse!:mad:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Out with the old....

Yes, it's definitely good news to hear of his release. There were reports last week stating that Claudio wanted to keep his services but his release clearly states our out with the old, in with the new approach to this season.

Gone
Joka - Released (probably headed to Rayo Vallecano)
Dalla Bona - Milan, shame to see him go but his heart was in Italia

Going?
Bogarde - Anderlecht
Ambrosetti - some Italian club
De Goey - ?

·
Registered
201 Posts
YEEEEEEES! This is the best thing that has happened for Chelsea since we won the league in 1955...:D

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
:D

I thought he was ok when called upon, a decent squad player and not bad for 1.7m ;)

However he wasn't the fastest player around was he :rolleyes:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Now he wasnt. Not the most technical either. Nor did he have a good shot. He wasnt the smartest player eihter and he couldnt tackle without getting a card and givin them a freekick...:D Thats sound like a good player doesnt it?;)

·
THE
14,123 Posts
The Swede said:
YEEEEEEES! This is the best thing that has happened for Chelsea since we won the league in 1955...:D
Disagree-selling Sutton for £6 million was... :)

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
I dunno about that kat, sure he was crap for one season but he proved in last seasons CL he's a decent enough player. Ok SPL is hardly up to the standards of the Premiership.

In his early career he was an out & out goalscorer and maybe Chelsea expected too much of him. He has changed to a target mamn and has probably been more important to Celtics domination of Scottish Football than Larsson has :rolleyes:

Although it was good only to make a 4m loss I suppose after the season he had :)

·
THE
14,123 Posts
You missed my point, Sutton was bought for a very big money and he turned out to be a total crap for Chelsea.Most of us were sure that we have to pay for another club to sell him but we managed to get 6 mill from it. Total suprise.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
I think I understand what your saying now, Chelsea expected a lot more from him after paying 10m for him and it was good to get 6m back for such a flop?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Joka Apologizes...

Chelsea reject Slavisa Jokanovic today apologised to the club's supporters for some of his performances at Stamford Bridge.

The Yugoslav international has been released on a free transfer by coach Claudio Ranieri after coming to the end of his two-year contract on June 30. He is now being linked with a move to Spanish side Rayo Vallecano.

Full article: http://www.soccernet.com/england/news/2002/0710/20020710cfcjokanovic.html

·
Registered
201 Posts
He apologised! If your so bad that you actually apologise then you really suck (or is a self-critic).:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Indeed he did not have a good run at the Bridge and I typically shuttered when he entered the game, but at least he was man enough to admit his shortcomings and apologize to the supporters. It's uniqe now a days when a player owns up to the fact that they might not have been as good as they had hoped and not given 100 different excuses on why they sucked.

Anyways, glad he's gone but hope he does well with Rayo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts