Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, he is EMBARRASSING to look at. He couldn't defend if his life depended on it. I mean, does Spalletti ever tell him, YOU SUCK! Or does he do it the American way of not telling him anything in public you know, and just talks to him on the side quietly, hoping for the boy to start showing some defensive skills AT AGE 27 DAMN IT! :mad:

I await your answers, because I just can't explain myself how Spalletti hasn't publicly mocked this loser yet.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I said before we bought him that we should have just kept Antunes if we could not have afforded anyone better. It was an obvious waste of money.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,180 Posts
I was never a fan of him, but i'll wait a little bit longer before i start bashing him.
But one thing is for sure even Rosi defended better on the LB position then this guy.
Too bad Tonneto isn't 4-5 years younger...

Just hope that next year Antunes stays with us, he has real potential.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I must admit he is getting worse :D However I still say, like with all signings, to give them a bit longer to settle in.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
He's been quite poor, but still Spalletti going to the media and embarassing him publicly would be really dumb and detrimental for the team.

·
Administrator
52,986 Posts
Riise isnt good enough attacking because he isnt mobile enough or offer anything except powerful left foot, quite conservative and limited offensively. But even worse and to the point, someone not hacking it offensively oughta be decent defensively atleast huh? The fact is he is quite the liability defensively, extremely poor posititioning and tracking his marker.

As Rob said it quite well when you signed him, he is neither and LB or a winger, neither good at defending enough to be LB, or attacking enough to be a winger, he is something inbetween, which is quite awkward and useless in general.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
He is a complete liability, as I predicted, and has no sense of tactical awareness whatsoever.

His entire game at Liverpool was built off a few good left footed strikes at goal every year, and the rest was filled with assorted crap. That may cut it in the EPL, but as a Serie A defender, no f**king way. He's hopelessly out of his depth.

A complete waste of time and money.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Ferrari was quite poor too. Guess what, we miss him badly now and he seems to be actually a decent defender since he left us.

Let's just wait on the judgments for now since basically every individual in our team sucks now.

The problem is not Pizarro or Riise.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
By the way, I expect the next knee-jerk player X sucks thread to be about Doni or Loria. Baptista is the top candidate of course but he is out injured, he shall have his own bash thread when he is back.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Riise is definitely not the only problem... but on the case of Ferrari, he was not always poor with us, people in here just compared him to our starters, where he is not as good... which is wrong to do... now we lose Ferrari, gain Loria, and already we are missing Ferrari because the truth is he was the best back-up a club like us could have evr had. He is a very good defender after all, but the club had to get rid of him. He wanted a wage which was not far from Mexes and yet he is a reserve, its impossible to offer him this, which once again backs up my point that it is hard for us to live with the big boys for too many consecutive years. We should have gone someone to invest into this club, someone with money because otherwise I cant see us surviving with the big 3 once they all get their act sorted properly. Its bound to happen when they start buying our star players for good and then we will be a team who has to keep churning out a good mercato year after year with a great scouting system... we are decent in this respect, but we are no Arsenal for sure.

Back to the point of Riise... when Tonetto is fit I hope he still starts, he has a bad spell last year, but for most of the 2 years he has been excellent and an engine of the flank. The crossing he gives us and the energy is probably needed right now, more so than Riise... next year I look forward to our management hopefully bringing back Antunes after a full year of Serie A experience.

·
Administrator
52,986 Posts
I was about to say just that ;)

Btw. Forza Tonetto, if he is healthy he should play at all times.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Ferrari was quite poor too. Guess what, we miss him badly now and he seems to be actually a decent defender since he left us.

Let's just wait on the judgments for now since basically every individual in our team sucks now.

Ferrari wasn't as bad as he was made out to be IMO.

As for Pizarro and Riise, unlike you with Spalletti nobody is blaming them for all of our problems. They are however part of a few of our issues, one of them our defensive woes.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Riise wasn't made for calcio. He should be playing for some mid table Prem team

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I said before we bought him that we should have just kept Antunes if we could not have afforded anyone better. It was an obvious waste of money.
I don't get why we gave Antunes on loan when IMO he was solid.

He's been quite poor, but still Spalletti going to the media and embarassing him publicly would be really dumb and detrimental for the team.
Mine was an exaggeration of course.

Oh please this is bollocks! Ferrari has always been a shit player and even now in Genoa he is shit. He is the type of player who shines in a small team, but this does not mean he is anywhere near good. So enough crying about Ferrari. Yes, the problem is players who suck like Pizarro and Riise. That's who goes in the field you know, when you have a piece of wood like Riise in defense and he gets owned by everyone, then YES your problem is only Riise and Pizarro when he turns around 45 times to then lose it like a moron.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I can understand giving Antunes on loan, a whole season and he will gain great experience at Lecce. It was clear he was not trusted enough to be a back-up if Tonetto got injured for a long time etc... I thought Riise is a decent other option to Tonetto, but if he continues to make mistakes then I guess I would be wrong.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was watching NORWAY vs HOLLAND and the commentator said that JOHN ARNE RIISE has a clause in his contract with ROMA that if the sun in Roma burns his skin he will be compensated.. can anyone please confirm.. sounds like Roma are a modelling agency haha

1 - 20 of 51 Posts