Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Feyenoord interested in 18-year old

It is said in Dutch media Feyenoord is heavily interested in signing the 18-years old striker from Ogryte (Sweden). He is playing in Sweden's under-21 team and is believed to be making his debute for the Swedish squad within now and the European Championship Tournament.

Has anyone got an idea what this player should cost? Is he good or is he another player that Feyenoord can sell within one year because of bad performance?

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
do you know his name??

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
i have heard of johan elmander but not the rumours.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
In todays paper i read that anderlecht was chasing elmander a young and very talented swedish striker. it said that they had good chances to sign him (cause of zetterberg). the other day i read feyenoord had alreday signed him, beating several top teams in italy, england and spain. do any of the swedish fans have some true info on this striker?

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Elmander

Elmander is a very good football player already, he has a bright future. But I think that Söderberg&Lagerbäck did the right thing by not taking Elmander to the Euro2000, he's a bit too young i think.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
gOD

Elmander is going to play this season in Helsingborg, probably next year to, but how knows...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He has definitely not signed for Feyenoord, I would know if he did.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Elmander plays for Örgryte. Roma called him this week and he turned them down because he doesn't want to sit on the bench. Yesterday Ferguson from United called him but he turned them down too.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Elmander signed for Feyenoord yesterday. The transfer was around 3 million dollars.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
hope this is the best thing for him?

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Today one our most promising strikers for a long time, Johan Elmander, lands in Rotterdam, Netherlands to see his new club Feyenoord play against Ajax :happy:
Don't worry, soon he'll be playing himself :happy::star::happy:
25 million SEK was paid to his former club Örgryte IS :eek:
Note that the very talented brazilian, Alvaro Santos, did not succeed to play in Feyenoord, he was lent to HIF :rolleyes:
So it's gonna be tough for Elmander, but I think he'll make it, he seem to be ready for the life with the "big boys" :D

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
He certainly is!
and as far as I know Santos didnt got an offer from Man Utd...

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Was Santos ever on his way to ManU:confused:
Or is this on of you jokes :fero:
Well, if Santos wants to play in Europe he'll just have to pick where he left last year, a succes :)

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
NO NO NO!!!
Santos didn't have any offer from Man Utd but Elmander had.
Sir Ferguson actually called him in person to try to make Elmander go there.

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Though this news is quite old already, but never been ''official'' though, Elmander comes on the right time.

Feyenoord really needs a striker, though they have just recalled a loaned player from the Dutch 2nd division, the Irish player David Connolly.

And now there also seems to be some trouble with the Portuguese passport of Brazilian Leonardo, who is also an offensive player.
Feyenoord has also loaned another striker, Somalia.

Though I am not for Feyenoord, could you tell me what kinda striker Elmander is?

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Well, I don't know much more then that he's very promising, maybe one of the most talented players we had for a long time :happy:
Well, he's pretty good running with the ball, I don't think he's the at-the-right-place-at-the-right-time kind of striker, he is more the fighting type. But that's maybe cuzz he's young, so perhaps later he'll learn where and when stand to score :)

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ANybody know about him?

He was hailed as the new wonderboy, but most people at Feyenoord seem to be shocked at his lack of performance... for the moment it is assumed that this is due to his lack of match fitness, because of the Swedish competition different seasonstart and end...

What do you think about Elmander? Is he really good?

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
I think Elmander is one of our most promising players for a long time. But maybe he was a bit too young to try his luck abroad :(
But of course it could be the change of season pace and everything.
Last season he was one of the leading strikers in the highest division in Sweden. But I think the step to Feyenoord was too big, I think he should've stayed one more season. Sure this gives him the channce to evovle more than in Sweden.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts