Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
49,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He has signed a 2-year contract. During the last couple of years the 28-year old midfielder played in Norwegian Premier League but now he becomes the first Estonian in Major League Soccer.

The reason of this rather surprising move is Red Bulls Danish manager Hans Backe who has good knowledge of Estonian players having previously coached Andres Oper in Aalborg and urmas Rooba in Copenhagen.

·
Registered
450 Posts
What he meant was that he now has the opportunity to travel all across USA and play football in exciting cities, as opposed to the various Norwegian fisherman's villages he's used to.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He'll be very motivated as this is a great chance for him but I can't see him becoming a success to be honest. He has no real strengths in this level except for his work rate maybe. Backup player probably.

·
Registered
69,203 Posts
he is becoming a fan favorite :howler: he scored again in the league opener, a nice goal

There are even a few Estonians joining the Metrofanatic site :pp

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
don't worry, 1-2 bad games and the fans will turn on him :howler:
He has been a positive addition to the Red Bulls. His work rate is there and he has produced some good defense and offense for the team. He is far better than the Venezuelan he replaced.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He was selected as the Red Bulls most valuable player of the season. :thmbup:

Not bad, considering he had Thierry Henry, Juan Pablo Angel and Rafa Marquez among his teammates.

I guess I was wrong about him...or maybe I was overrating the level of play in the MLS. Although he himself also said he could've never expected having such a season.

·
Registered
69,203 Posts
Henry and Marquez only played the second half of the season and Angel somewhat underachieved and he is now gone. I kind of underestimated him but he was definetely one of the better players on the team along with young defender Tim Ream who will probably play in Europe in 2-3 seasons if he continues to develop. Joel was very versitile, at times even playing as a winger

There were rumors an EPL club was interested in him

1 - 20 of 21 Posts