Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Honorable Mention, December 2010 Photo Contest
15,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joel Johnson Alajarín - 17 years old - Born: Torrent, Valencia, Spain.

Unless you have been living under a rock, Joel is a right back that has burst onto the scene with the reserves. Joel has excellent pace and strength, and he is good on the offensive side of the ball as well. Joel, in just his first season with the reserves, has made the starting right back position his.

Thought it would be good to have a thread for him to specifically monitor his progress.

With regards to this week's match against Racing, Emery is saying that either Joel or Lillo could start at right back. I hope he goes with Joel.

And one more thing, I know his nationality has been a source of mystery. I just read on this website here...

http://www.valencianista.es/noticias/ampliar/29110/joel-johnson-demanda-su-oportunidad

that Joel has a Liberian father and a Spanish mother. Can anyone confirm or deny...

·
15,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I added Joel to the squad on the Navigation Thread/Page as well FYI...

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
As far as I know, you can be named Yung, Karim, N'hleko and still be christian :D
Also many from Liberia are christians so that's not the thing.

I read before that Johnson had norwegian roots but these things seem to be a mystery :D

·
15,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep. It's a shame Rossi plays for Italy. He was born in New Jersey here in the US. He would start with the US. No doubt about it...

·
15,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
Manelele's brother from another Mother. WORD :shades: :D

·
15,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I thought he did alright against Racing. He wasn't great, but he wasn't bad either, considering he has never played for Valencia before. Not even in preseason...

·
15,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Besides my usual extended highlights, I will be making Joel highlights as well. Every touch of the ball he had and every time he was involved on defense. Should be up soon...

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
I thought he did alright against Racing. He wasn't great, but he wasn't bad either, considering he has never played for Valencia before. Not even in preseason...
He did allright IMO, some little worse moments at times, but nothing extraordinary. The guy is 17 after all and not used to this type of tempo.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts