Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry, but I havn't seen a performance like this in absolutely ages. The guy is basically beating Tottenham on his own right now. If Chelsea go on to win this match and go on to challenge for the title properly, it's all down to this guy.

Ronaldo has been more consistant this season, but I personally don't think he has reached the heights of what Joe Cole has tonight this season.

Ridiculous close control dribbling, exceptional movement, passing and creativity plus some great finishing. The future of England alongside Rooney.

·
Administrator
52,991 Posts
Yeah saw his 2 goals, really toying and doing as he pleases. Shows why he has allways been my fav english player, but even in his best standard, this performance is on another level.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, 4-4. Is doesn't matter anyway.

But yeah, this is the best I've ever seen him play. People just couldn't tackle him.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Steady... one game, he has gone missing in a lot of games. Being able to produce it for the entire season is what makes a great player. Its not down to Joe Cole if Chelsea win the league since the league is about being decent or great EVERY game, which is what Drogba and Lampard have done to keep them in contention. Otherwise this ONE performance wouldn't have meant squat.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On a whole Ronaldo has been better, I don't think that's up for debate. I was just saying that tonight, Joe Cole has been absolutely top drawer. Better than any performance I've seen this season.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, Marc. I realise that and I agree with what you say. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing from the guy, is all.

I actually think it'd be nigh on impossible to maintain that kind of level consistantly though.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
So what does Grant do, take him off....

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Just a reminder, Lampard got four goals in a single game for chelsea as well as destroy Man City pretty much on his own. With what was their best defence, a defence that has been slightly better than Spurs overall. Plus Joe Coles best game didn't win it for them. ;) And he got subbed. Just trying to keep it in perspective a bit. lol

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Grant substitutes him. :D

·
Banned
18,453 Posts
Steady... one game, he has gone missing in a lot of games. Being able to produce it for the entire season is what makes a great player. Its not down to Joe Cole if Chelsea win the league since the league is about being decent or great EVERY game, which is what Drogba and Lampard have done to keep them in contention. Otherwise this ONE performance wouldn't have meant squat.
You had to add him in there...

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
My friend was able to call up Joe Cole in a DC hotel a while ago, leaving a nice voicemail laced with threats. The following day after the match Joe Cole was pretty scared when he found out the one who left the voicemail was standing right next to him.
..... what? :wth:

Mutu - Fair enough, great player, don't like him though... spitting and diving. Meh.

·
Administrator
52,991 Posts
For me persoally, he is my favourite for the style of his play, really silky and ingenuine player. He is inconsistent as you say. He is a top player, but the kind who is just below the absolute top players.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
You had to add him in there...
He's their top scorer by six goals, and their assist leader... so when talking about Chelsea's bets players it might come up. :howler:

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shut up will you ;)

Plus, there's only a limit to what J. Cole can do. He was directly resonponsible for 3 goals tonight. Plus, it didn't help that Terry and Carvalho had a torrid time. Plus they had Ashley Cole and Ferreira at full back so...

But yeah. Overall point = Joe Cole is amazing.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Superb player, which is why England has to be built around him and Rooney.

And if Carrick maintains his current United form, he should also be the focus of the central midfield, considering these are the only 3 players that England possess who are 'good' technically.

·
Banned
18,453 Posts
England should be built around Dean Ashton... Call me crazy but
I really believe it. :stuckup:

------- Ashton -------

Cole --- Rooney --- Bentley

Carrick ---Hargreaves/Gerrard

1 - 20 of 135 Posts