Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's been phenomenal lately with his dribbling, pace, and ability to blast with either foot, he's starting to look like Frank Lampard out there, but with more offensive skill. I think he should play either on the left or right flank where he can cut in and shoot or behind a striker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,508 Posts
Jamal said:
He's been phenomenal lately with his dribbling, pace, and ability to blast with either foot, he's starting to look like Frank Lampard out there, but with more offensive skill. I think he should play either on the left or right flank where he can cut in and shoot or behind a striker.
Realistically he is not going to replace Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney in the centre, hes not realy a winger either.
 

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
Joined
·
14,769 Posts
he is too erratric...not good enuff
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
Jonny Knoxville said:
he is too erratric...not good enuff
you know crap

recently joe cole has been playing sensational , too many managers and fans have a myth that he is unreliable but with his passing , assist and defensive work :star: i would really start considering him as a starter

based on form and how football should be played my midfield would be


swp - gerrard - Lampard Cole
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,303 Posts
i like english footy and my best wishes to their NT. But one thing i can't understand about you people is your passion for good but limited players like Scholes for ex. even guys like Heskey when not an utter shoite like he is at the moment has his fair share of supporters. But when somebody goes a step or two, or even three beyond that - Macca, Gazza, Barnes, Waddle, Hoddle, and now J.Cole - they are labeled "inconsistent, lazy, not good enough", as if when Scholes is playing a good performance topped with a hat-trick guaranteed every time. You never mention 1001 things that ginger head can NOT do on the field and how it hurts England's chances! Instead Sven is still trying to convince him to come back. I'd rather bring Shearer back! :D

Joe Cole is the most skillful englishman alive and is in a sizzling form. What more do you guys want?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
zico said:
i like english footy and my best wishes to their NT. But one thing i can't understand about you people is your passion for good but limited players like Scholes for ex. even guys like Heskey when not an utter shoite like he is at the moment has his fair share of supporters. But when somebody goes a step or two, or even three beyond that - Macca, Gazza, Barnes, Waddle, Hoddle, and now J.Cole - they are labeled "inconsistent, lazy, not good enough", as if when Scholes is playing a good performance topped with a hat-trick guaranteed every time. You never mention 1001 things that ginger head can NOT do on the field and how it hurts England's chances! Instead Sven is still trying to convince him to come back. I'd rather bring Shearer back! :D

Joe Cole is the most skillful englishman alive and is in a sizzling form. What more do you guys want?
:smileani:
 

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
Joined
·
14,769 Posts
fieldy said:
you know crap

recently joe cole has been playing sensational , too many managers and fans have a myth that he is unreliable but with his passing , assist and defensive work :star: i would really start considering him as a starter

based on form and how football should be played my midfield would be


swp - gerrard - Lampard Cole

U cant handle da truth. he ll go back to his oldself :shades:
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
what about a front three of Cole, Rooney and SWP ? drop Owen for one game to see if it works, it's only Ireland, we could beat them with a B team. :shades:
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
oh i think my last brain cell just fizzled out, der !!!!

what about playing Andy Johnson wide right then ? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,432 Posts
Joe Cole deserves to start.

If he hold shis form, then keep him in the team and say bye bye Beckham :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,056 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
what about playing Andy Johnson wide right then ? :D
He's injured and left the squad. ;) That'll teach him for playing poor on the right!

I think Downing has earnt the chance to play at least once for 90 minutes, bring Cole on as a sub instead of Phil Neville or Heskey for once. OR... drop Beckham and play Cole on the right.... ah who am I kidding.... :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,482 Posts
Downings lost a bit of form of late though, plus he's very inexperienced. I'd like to see J. Cole given a chance for once, he's playing the best football of is career at the moment. He'll give us creativity that we've been lacking for ages.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Marc said:
He's injured and left the squad. ;) That'll teach him for playing poor on the right!

I think Downing has earnt the chance to play at least once for 90 minutes, bring Cole on as a sub instead of Phil Neville or Heskey for once. OR... drop Beckham and play Cole on the right.... ah who am I kidding.... :(
That's too bad it won't happen:frownani:

Sven will play like this:

Becks---Gerrard---Lamps---SWP

when he should really play like this:

SWP---Gerrard---Lamps---J Cole/Dowinng
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,845 Posts
Too much of a luxury player for me. No harm in having him on the bench to break the deadlock in the last 20 mins or something though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
I don't see why we can't play 4-3-3 again. We're at home and we should be dictating the game. Play Owen as the out and out striker, with Cole on the right and Rooney on the left (like both have done this season for their respective clubs). Downing could also be accomidated with this formation, and we could easily revert to a 4-4-2 at any point if it all goes tits up. It would work better with either Butt or Hargreaves in a holding role in midfield allowing the fullbacks to get forward, but we all know goldenballs won't be dropped, so I guess Gerrard and Lampard will have to take it in turns to drop back.
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
that's what we are crying out for, a holding player with any quality, i mean Hargreaves and Butt as our best holding midfielders is quite pitiful when you think about it, how will we win anything with them two clowns ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,432 Posts
mutu1875 said:
Too much of a luxury player for me. No harm in having him on the bench to break the deadlock in the last 20 mins or something though.

Luxurious is not the word i'd use for Cole at the current time.

He's shown great determination and he is now holding his shape and is disciplined. He's now like an other wide/central player abliet more skill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,454 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
that's what we are crying out for, a holding player with any quality, i mean Hargreaves and Butt as our best holding midfielders is quite pitiful when you think about it, how will we win anything with them two clowns ?
Holding players don't need to be the best in the world though. Makalele is hardly the best passer/tackler/anything in the world, but his positional sense is great. I think Hargreaves is good enough. He's got a decent long pass on him as well. Butt fouls a bit too much for my liking. But either are better than having Lampard/Gerrard/Beckham covering each other, cos none of them know when to drop back and when to go forward. Best to just pick two out of three than trying to shoehorn all three into the team. And I know which two I'd pick.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top