Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...but into Chelsea. :mad:

Fvck, why the hell do Chelsea want him!? They already have 4 good wide players and now they need another one. Hopefully he is smart enough not to go there and take a smaller yet wiser deal from United.

If he came to United we would have the best winger combination ever in world football. Just imagine what Ronnie and Joaquin would do to other teams. My God!!!
------

Joaquin opens door for Blues move

Joaquin Sanchez has hinted at a move away from Real Betis, which could open the door for Chelsea to re-launch a bid for their long-term target.

Blues boss Jose Mourinho was linked with a move for the talented Spaniard last summer, but the winger was said to be reluctant to move away from his homeland.

However, Joaquin now appears to have had a change of heart and although Barcelona and Valencia are said to be interested in signing the 24-year-old, the Betis man has hinted at a move overseas.

He told Marca: "With the passage of time, I realise that football is a profession that lasts only a few years, and I have only a limited time to enjoy it.

"If I can have an opportunity to see how it is, how this sport is lived overseas, I wouldn't mind making that step and trying my luck in another country. I wouldn't be the first or the last to do it."
-------

Joaquin: 'My period at Betis is finished'

MADRID, April 6 (Reuters) - Real Betis winger Joaquin has made it clear that he wants to leave the Primera Liga side at the end of the season despite having four years left on his contract.

'I've been at Betis for many years and I now want to experience something different,' the 24-year-old Spanish international told a news conference on Thursday.

'It might be that I want to change my footballing life a little. It is possible that my period at Betis is finished and that the club needs to sell me and use that money to strengthen the team with new reinforcements.'

Joaquin, who has won 36 caps for Spain, graduated to the Betis first team from the reserves in 2000 when the club was in the second division and has been a key member of the side ever since.

Betis president Manuel Ruiz de Lopera said last season that he had rejected a bid for the player from Chelsea, while the Spanish media have also linked him at various times to Real Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia.

'For me it's very flattering that they are taking about interest from these sorts of teams,' he said. 'It is great especially when I haven't had a particularly good season.

'If I could get the opportunity to experience football in another country I would be happy to take it,' he added.

'We'll have to see what happens between now and the end of the season, but the only thing that matters to me at the moment is helping my team stay in the first division.

Betis are in 12th position in the Primera Liga, five points above the relegation zone with seven games left to play. :frustrat:

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
What about Park? :sigh:

We already have a lazy bum with alot of crazy talent (Ronaldo) on one wing and less talented but grafter with a better football brain (Park) on the other side. I think the balance is just right. Having two lazy bums with crazy talent on each wing might not give the team as much balance as the current system.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FiveMagics said:
What about Park?
Park is good but we need more quality. Parky is great as a squad player. He runs his ass off and puts in good performances when given a chance. But he is a far cry from Joaquin.

FiveMagics said:
We already have a lazy bum with alot of crazy talent (Ronaldo) on one wing and less talented but grafter with a better football brain (Park) on the other side. I think the balance is just right. Having two lazy bums with crazy talent on each wing might not give the team as much balance as the current system.
That lazy bum is one of the two only players in United (no points for guessing that Rooney is the other one) that gives us that much needed skill and drive that wins games. The are both unique because of their technique and ability to both score and create. Joaquin is the same. The boy can cross, dribble, and score. With this wing combination we would be looking at becoming the best again.

Being gifted is doesn't mean that you are lazy.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
If he wants to join the biggest club in the world I am sure we will welcome him with open arms.

If he wants to join Chelscum then let him, personally I doubt he will.

Liverpool would be a better bet cos they are desperate for a winger but I doubt they have the financial clout to bring in a player of that calibre.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Liverpool are already getting Mark Gonzalez. But's it possible they might want to buy another winger because I don't think rafa rates Zenden that much.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Come on people! I thought you would be more optamistic about having the possibility of signing a class player like Joaquin!?

Yes, a winger isn't our main priority but it certainly should be considered. We have one world-class winger and the other two or three are far from it. We have Giggs who is getting older by the minute. One injury could have him hanging up his boots. Then we have Richardson who is inexperienced and therefore inconsistant. Finally, we have Parky who is good but not great. Most of his praise comes from his hard work. We NEED one more quality winger if we are to start dominating. Splashing the cash on Joaquin would be a great investment for many years.

Why not buy Joaquin and Mascherano!? That would cost us around 30 million pounds and then we would be competative in both the league and the CL.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
vedz said:
Come on people! I thought you would be more optamistic about having the possibility of signing a class player like Joaquin!?

Yes, a winger isn't our main priority but it certainly should be considered. We have one world-class winger and the other two or three are far from it. We have Giggs who is getting older by the minute. One injury could have him hanging up his boots. Then we have Richardson who is inexperienced and therefore inconsistant. Finally, we have Parky who is good but not great. Most of his praise comes from his hard work. We NEED one more quality winger if we are to start dominating. Splashing the cash on Joaquin would be a great investment for many years.

Why not buy Joaquin and Mascherano!? That would cost us around 30 million pounds and then we would be competative in both the league and the CL.
Good stuff. Having depth is never bad, it a plus. He would be huge for us.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
ronaldo isnt a lazy bum... far from it

·
Registered
273 Posts
Joaquin is overrated anyway. I wouldn't want us wasting money on a player that would be expensive like him but not as good as he's made out. I'd be raging if we spent money on him that I'd much rather see spent on the centre of midfield. Give me Vicente over Joaquin any day btw.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I think its a crime that Parky does not start every game. Signing someone like Joaquin who will most likely make it infront of Parky in the queue to play, will just be out of order.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
not to troll but, it's kind of abvious that no one saw Joaquin this year, he's shit, since 2004 he's been shit, same form like Raul, both great players, shit 2 years form.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
He needs a new challenge.

A move to a EPL club like United, Chelsea or Liverpool could really spark him back to his best.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I say go for aimar and mascherano/diarra. We could go for joaquin and put park or rooney in the centre though. Tough call.

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
BAH, he´s going to Valencia.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I would love to see Joaquin at United, but Vicente would be a better choice.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts