Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an interview last night on 5Live, Joaquin was asked if he fancied playing alongside Reyes (i.e. at Arsenal) in the future, and he replied that there's a much better chance he'll be playing against him at "Manchester" in the summer.
:eek:

In a few years time we could have:

Joaquin----Miller----Ronaldo----Robben

Seems like we're trying to get the pacy wingers back ala Giggs and Kanchelskis.

D

·
0 Posts
Didn't hear that myself, could happen though.

Ronaldo will never be a central player, and Robben's signing is looking unlikely. More likely to have

Jaoquin-Miller-Fletcher-Ronaldo.

D

·
0 Posts
I actaully meant to pick

Jaoquin-Miller-Kleberson-Ronaldo

as my midfield

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jern Lizardhous said:
what happened to Djemba Djemba ? Fergie said he was similar to Vieira,did he just mean he is black ? :D
His mother died, and he had went into a very bad depression apparently. Put him back a fair bit.

But he's back playing now, and he's been doing well at the African Nation's Cup.

D

·
0 Posts
????

He's been awful in the african nations!! said so himself in an interview with the BBC

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Joaquin signing in the summer? Quotes....

Jern Lizardhous said:
I've said it before on many occassions. I really don't want to see us turn into the new Liverpool or Arsenal, i don't wan't to see foreigners on the pitch, i'd prefer to see local lads, lads who have come through the academy and deserve a chance. Don't get me wrong i have nothing against Johnny foreigner ( ;) ) but i've always felt our best bet is to invest in Youth and to continue producing youth players.

Many posters on here, especially those that are not English may find that difficult to understand but i'm sure i am not the only one that feels like this. :)

If we use Melwood as an example - when was the last time they produced a player worth there weight in salt? I don't think they have produced a player for Seasons and despite of what Doc Rule says, Liverpool are a second rate team and are nowhere near the quality or calibre of Manchester United.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
that's all very honourable Russell,but you have had your golden generation,we had a similar one at the Arse with Merson,Adams,Keown,Rocastle,Thomas,Campbell although GG broke it up,but this only happens once in a blue moon. ;)

you can't create great youth players,they have to be there,what player from your youth teams can compete with Joaquin or Robben in the next few years? none or they would already be established,you need to be realistic if you want to win the UCL again,you won it once with your golden generation,with the kids you've got at the moment you'll be lucky to even qualify for the UCL. ;)

Fergie wouldn't be bringing in young foreigners like Bellion,Djemba and Ronaldo if he had a load of gems in the yoots,this is 21st century football,it is now a World game,the Lisbon Lions days are dead mate :(

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jern Lizardhous said:
what player from your youth teams can compete with Joaquin or Robben in the next few years?
Chris Eagles, Lee Martin. They're both very, very promising young midfielders. Eagles is a typical right winger, loves to take on men and is a brilliant passer of the ball. Lee Martin seems to have everything. And his previous managers comments about him being "Keane, Beckham, Giggs and Scholes rolled into one" don't seem far off the money.

Sylvan Blake will be a brilliant forward as well, and I'd be absoloutley shocked if our young Irish defender Paul McShane didn't make it.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
he signed a huge contract for his club so i think the pay out clause would be massive itself. very good player to get no doubt, but i dont see him actually joining in the summer.

·
63,337 Posts
SuicideDD said:
Chris Eagles, Lee Martin. They're both very, very promising young midfielders. Eagles is a typical right winger, loves to take on men and is a brilliant passer of the ball. Lee Martin seems to have everything. And his previous managers comments about him being "Keane, Beckham, Giggs and Scholes rolled into one" don't seem far off the money.

Sylvan Blake will be a brilliant forward as well, and I'd be absoloutley shocked if our young Irish defender Paul McShane didn't make it.
Lee Martin is 16 FFS ,no-one knows how he'll mature,Chris Eagles can compete with Joaquin ? really ,you truly believe that ?

i think you are living in fantasy dreamland :D

but i'll be more than happy if Fergie follows your thinking of building a Salford XI :tongue:

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Lee Martin is 16 FFS ,no-one knows how he'll mature,Chris Eagles can compete with Joaquin ? really ,you truly believe that ?

i think you are living in fantasy dreamland :D

but i'll be more than happy if Fergie follows your thinking of building a Salford XI :tongue:
Rusell does have high hopes for martin and eagles.:howler:

He is living in fantasy dreamland.:tongue:

It would be Arsenal and Chelsea fighting for league title if fergie does follows rusell thinking:D

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I suppose you agreed with Hanson when he said "You don't win anything with kids"?

:howler:

And I was talking about the future, I know Eagles and Martin can't compete with the likes of Joaquin yet, as he's proven himself as one of the best right wingers in world football. But they both definitley have the potential.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Obviously there is a need to buy foreign talents to remain competitive in England and Europe but that does not mean the core of the squad cannot be British. I was not suggesting a "Salford XI" as Jern put it, but rather a team that was mainly composed of British players.

·
63,337 Posts
SuicideDD said:
I suppose you agreed with Hanson when he said "You don't win anything with kids"?

:howler:
as i said that was a golden crop that happens once in a blue moon,also the competition wasn't as strong then and you had a certain Frenchman upfront. ;)

It's alright having a british crop,but all the good British midfielders play at Chelsea or Liverpool now,you have missed the boat and will have to go Foreign.

Fergie knows this ,which is why he has brought in all them foreigners in the summer,as i said on the other thread you should have killed for Parker,but perhaps as Doc suggests Miller will be better.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts