Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lopera (Betis president) has suggested the possibility of selling Joaquín in January. "I can only guarantee that he'll play the next 2 matches... For now, we're saying 'no', but maybe someday we'll say 'yes', and nothing will happen. Depor sold Makaay, Madrid sold Makelele... I even bought Alfonso for 6 million €, because Real Madrid could not pay the wages of the players. We have 3 offers, one from England (Chelsea?), another one from Spain (Real Madrid?) and another one from another country".

Yesterday, Daily Mirror :rollani: reported that Chelsea had offered 45 million € (I don't believe it) for the player.

http://www.marca.com/edicion/noticia/0,2458,573010,00.html
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Juanele1973 said:
Joaquin needs a new place to play. If he wants to improve his game and be more consistent I believe he should find a new a team.
Especially, if you're sevillista in a derby week. :D

I'm begining to be concerned about the departure of all these players to England. Xabi Alonso, Reyes, Luis García,... we're losing too much talent in Spain lately, the crisis I guess, but we'll pay it soon.

I'm really mad to see how Real Madrid, Valencia and Barça fight for a player (Edu) that has lost his place in Arsenal because of a 17 year old Spanish talent (Cesc). We're crazy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,665 Posts
Yeah but it seems that where it will end(I can't see anymore Spanish players leaving). Joaquin is smart; he won't get any better than he is at betis, so why not move? I've always said for his type of game he needs a big club. The thing that worries me is his consistency but maybe he'll prove me wrong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,390 Posts
another player stole from Florentino s face.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,600 Posts
joaquin in madrid??? scary !!!!

madrid buy joaquin and we buy............gronkjaer :rolleyes:


aupa atleti !!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,390 Posts
Maximiliano said:
joaquin in madrid??? scary !!!!

madrid buy joaquin and we buy............gronkjaer :rolleyes:


aupa atleti !!!!
You are just not that good at reading? arent you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,600 Posts
Alter Ego said:
You are just not that good at reading? arent you?
what is the problem you stupid???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,390 Posts
:dielaugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,600 Posts

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Joined
·
21,026 Posts
Maxi;

He doesn't appear to be going to Madrid but rather to England, that was all. AE is just happy with his presi no biggie.:D

The issue with Joaquin is that he has not been playing consistently at a high level for a while and his value has dropped. Outside of Madrid no one has shown any interest in him in Spain and even at that Madrid wasn't really seriuos.

He will be sold by Betis, I am surprised that they haven't sold him already, so he will go to England. I hope he finds hos form.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,600 Posts
barca,


it is always real who wants joaquin and in this news it say real madrid madrid too !! and then this rude idiot come and ask if i cant read this??? ok, my english is not very good but this guy is rude !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,469 Posts
Koeman4 said:
I'm begining to be concerned about the departure of all these players to England. Xabi Alonso, Reyes, Luis García,... we're losing too much talent in Spain lately, the crisis I guess, but we'll pay it soon.
I disagree Koeman. I think this is better for Spanish footballers for many reasons. For starters there are too many spolied Spanish clubs that just don't appreciate good Spanish talent even if it slaps them right in the face.
How a player like Reyes is playing in England, instead of being scooped up by Real Madrid, Barca or Valencia is beyond me. But the fact is that Spanish clubs just don't value our homegrown players even if they are world class. Instead they prefer to buy anything foreign, even if it the player is mediocre.
 

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Joined
·
21,026 Posts
Maximiliano said:
barca,


it is always real who wants joaquin and in this news it say real madrid madrid too !! and then this rude idiot come and ask if i cant read this??? ok, my english is not very good but this guy is rude !!!
AE is not rude, he is just upset that his beloved president will miss out on Joaquin;) Give him some slack, its hard to live with the Zidanes and Pavones policy, it makes madridistas cranky:D

At any rate, the news that are coming out today, do not mention Real Madrid and by the way, Madrid has never had any seriuos talks to buy Joaquin, most of the rumoirs have been press related.

I have to agree with Mendieta while also being concerned with K4 post. It is hard to see Valencia, Barcelona and Madrid fight for an Edu, while all this talent is oozing out of Spain.:(
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mendieta said:
I disagree Koeman. I think this is better for Spanish footballers for many reasons. For starters there are too many spolied Spanish clubs that just don't appreciate good Spanish talent even if it slaps them right in the face.
How a player like Reyes is playing in England, instead of being scooped up by Real Madrid, Barca or Valencia is beyond me. But the fact is that Spanish clubs just don't value our homegrown players even if they are world class. Instead they prefer to buy anything foreign, even if it the player is mediocre.
No, actually we agree in everything. It's going to be good for the Spanish footballers, they're going to learn a lot playing in top teams, they're going to learn to win. That's for sure. But the level of La Liga is going to decrease.

Why Reyes plays in England? Well, Barça doesn't have so much money for a player like Reyes. In his position we got Giuly for 6 million. Reyes was paid more expensive than Deco and a little bit cheaper than Eto'o. Only Real Madrid can afford this amount. Even Valencia and Atlético can not pay his price.

Why did Xabi Alonso leave? Again Barça had already covered this position and only Real Madrid could pay what Real Sociedad asked for him.

Why is Joaquin going to leave? Barça already has Giuly, as I've said. Only Real Madrid could pay what Betis wants.

The fact is that Barça still has a huge debt and we're buying as cheap as possible. If you see our signings, most of them are around 10 million €, some of them (Giuly, Sylvinho, Belletti) even cheaper. Our star signings have been promising players that did not "explode" yet at that time: Ronaldinho and Eto'o and we paid 25 million for them, but IMO both are over Reyes and Joaquin. We can't pay 20 millions for a player like Reyes or a similar amount for Joaquin. The Spanish market is too expensive for us, we tried to get Luque last summer and Lendoiro came asking for 20 millions... sorry, but this is too much for us. Luque is a great player, but Lendoiro asked for him what Barça paid for Deco, who is one of the best players of Europe of the last 2 or 3 seasons. The Spanish market is overpriced, IMO.

Real Madrid is the only Spanish club that has money enough to pay so much money, but the "shirt policy" is over any other consideration.

The rest of the club can't compete with this. Valencia bought Corradi and Fiore with the money that Lazio owe to Valencia and Di Vaio only costed 10 millions. Atlético didn't make a big sign in years. Depor's debt is huge too. Who else can pay all this money?

Leaving aside Real Madrid, the Spanish football is in a deep economical crisis.
 

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
Joined
·
11,971 Posts
Another reason is that clubs prefer to sell their stars to foreing clubs rather than "helping" rivals in La Liga, we all know for example how Valencia sold Mendieta to Lazio even if Madrid´s offer was better. When a club decides to sell one of their best players, they will always try to sell him to a foreign club before a La liga one, and now that english teams have the money it´s easier.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Txupa said:
Another reason is that clubs prefer to sell their stars to foreing clubs rather than "helping" rivals in La Liga, we all know for example how Valencia sold Mendieta to Lazio even if Madrid´s offer was better. When a club decides to sell one of their best players, they will always try to sell him to a foreign club before a La liga one, and now that english teams have the money it´s easier.
That's true.

In any case, I think that we're paying all the years of Rochemback's, Denilson's, Burrito Ortega's and decens of shit players that were paid as if they were Maradona.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,469 Posts
Koeman4 said:
No, actually we agree in everything. It's going to be good for the Spanish footballers, they're going to learn a lot playing in top teams, they're going to learn to win. That's for sure. But the level of La Liga is going to decrease.

Why Reyes plays in England? Well, Barça doesn't have so much money for a player like Reyes. In his position we got Giuly for 6 million. Reyes was paid more expensive than Deco and a little bit cheaper than Eto'o. Only Real Madrid can afford this amount. Even Valencia and Atlético can not pay his price.

Why did Xabi Alonso leave? Again Barça had already covered this position and only Real Madrid could pay what Real Sociedad asked for him.

Why is Joaquin going to leave? Barça already has Giuly, as I've said. Only Real Madrid could pay what Betis wants.

The fact is that Barça still has a huge debt and we're buying as cheap as possible. If you see our signings, most of them are around 10 million €, some of them (Giuly, Sylvinho, Belletti) even cheaper. Our star signings have been promising players that did not "explode" yet at that time: Ronaldinho and Eto'o and we paid 25 million for them, but IMO both are over Reyes and Joaquin. We can't pay 20 millions for a player like Reyes or a similar amount for Joaquin. The Spanish market is too expensive for us, we tried to get Luque last summer and Lendoiro came asking for 20 millions... sorry, but this is too much for us. Luque is a great player, but Lendoiro asked for him what Barça paid for Deco, who is one of the best players of Europe of the last 2 or 3 seasons. The Spanish market is overpriced, IMO.

Real Madrid is the only Spanish club that has money enough to pay so much money, but the "shirt policy" is over any other consideration.

The rest of the club can't compete with this. Valencia bought Corradi and Fiore with the money that Lazio owe to Valencia and Di Vaio only costed 10 millions. Atlético didn't make a big sign in years. Depor's debt is huge too. Who else can pay all this money?

Leaving aside Real Madrid, the Spanish football is in a deep economical crisis.

All very good points. Never thought it of like this, but you are correct. A lot of times Spanish players are sold too expensive. As Txupa pointed out, many times also a club president will up the price to a team like Real Madrid just to screw them from having the player, but then reduce the player to a foreign team. I'm not sure but wasn't that the case with Xabi ALonso? I think Real Sociedad were asking a higher amount from Real Madrid, but then reduced it for LIverpool?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,144 Posts
It's going to take some years before Barcelona can again start buying like crazy, now that last year Barcelona spent alot! And the non-EU rules are making it very difficult to buy cheap players from countries who are economically not so good like Argentina and Brazil.
 
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Top