Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He hasn't even signed the contract yet and the club has begun to undo all the greatness it accomplished this past season! Why? Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the "Joao Pinto Jinx". Yes, much like the Tiki Idol on the "Brady Bunch Goes To Hawaii" episode(s) (actually, JVP's a little shorter than the Tiki Idol:)), the man brings nothing but doom and misfortune to whichever club he joins! The great Benfica Empire crumbled right around the time JVP was made captain - now that he's gone, things are looking up! Sporting wins a title, signs JVP and there's a coup d'etat in the front office! Don't sign him if you want to ever win again!

Now if Porto want him, then I'll drive him to Das Antas myself and provide a shiny new pen to sign the contract!

Forca Benfica!

·
International
5,629 Posts
It already started...the jinx I mean...Sporting's SAD is having problems....apparently Duque resigned...and Roquete doesn't know who to turn to. This is the man who built the current champions. And this after another major influence on Sporting resigned last week...Manolo Vidal! See what the mere mention of Joao Vieira Pinto does to a team.:D:

B

·
0 Posts
Take it easy! we haven't gone to **** yet! JVP didn't even sign but he will and Sporting will be fine next year! I know for a fact Roquette has people to replace him and he mentioned at a party here in Massachuesetts that it would not surprise him if JVP signed with Sporting and that Sporting is Sporting and no one is above the club and I guess some of these guys thought they were! I'm not worried yet Roquette is a smart business man and will replace these people!

Viva Green and white!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey where was he? Did he swing by the Nucleo in Somerville?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Gentlemen, more specifically Razor and RedEagle,

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Benfica's horrible track record had little to do JVP, but more to do with pathetic administration and poor coaching (Souness, need I say more). Please gentlemen, cut the man some slack. When he was terroizing defences across Portugal, he was the "golden boy" The man entered into a slump, and I think a move would rejuvenate his many talents!

FORCA PORTUGAL
FORCA BENFICA
VIVA o Joao Pinto e Nuno Gomes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts