Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Furious Aston Villa striker Julian Joachim last night slapped in a transfer request and came close to accusing manager John Gregory of betrayal.

The club's outstanding striker revealed details of a bitter dispute with the club declaring: "I was promised more money but absolutely nothing has been done.

"I don't feel that I can trust John Gregory or trust anything he says.

"When I broke though he told me that if I did the business he would give me a pay rise but absolutely nothing has been done.

"I feel very badly let down by both him and Aston Villa Football Club and have no alternative but to ask for a transfer.

A queue of clubs will now line-up to snap up the services of the former Leicester City striker whom former boss Brian Little took to the club for £1.5 million (€2.5m) in 1998.

Joachim looks to have hit a point of no return but Villa will demand at least £5 million (€8.5m) for the player.

----------------------------------------------------------------
What are all these players doing in Villa ? It seems that there are few troublemakers in your team. First the Carbone thing, then Ehiogu who says he wants to leave and now this.. And i almost forgot the Merson discussion.

Or the newspapers are blowing whole the thing up or Gregory has to do something about it !
If Joachim really said this he doesn't deserve anymore to play in the team i think. These players should show some more respect to their team and its supporters. They are very well paid to do their 'hobby' for living and still they are never satisfied !

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Well JG does not always have a great relationship with his players...but he has improved a lot in the last few months...he has stopped criticising his players in the press, so JJ really should not be complaining! The Ugo fight has been running a long time, and he does have a legitimate reason to complain (not that he needed to criticise the club tho).
As for JJ, he has a problem with being left on the bench, this happened before, when he was strictly a sub! He has proved this season that he cannot score enough goals to be kept in the first team, and if he isn;t happy with his position as a sub then sell him! We have the talented Darius Vassell coming back from injury soon hopefully...JJ is surplus to requirements in my opinion...besides having an inflated ego!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well , i can't follow al the news here about Villa so i can't judge it what he is saying. I just have to believe to news what i read. Really hard to find 'good' news. I'm always looking for Coventry news but i'm only finding stuff about all the others team :(

I haven't seen Joachim play but he hasn't he scored almost as many a goals as Carbone ? He would be a lot cheaper and he is a fast striker. He can hold the ball up well,passes really good and has good crosses. At least what i saw of him and to be honest that isn't much..

But if that youngster Darius Vassell is as good as Joachim then you should sell Jouachim ofcourse ;)

I can't give a good opinion about this one, because i don't know so much about Villa so i'm going to leave it by this ..

J

·
0 Posts
Joachin has nothing to complain about. As Nat said he has proved he is not good enough to play in the first team for Villa. Lets get rid of him as soon a poss and get some decent strikers in. I think he has only said this because he knows he would be going any way. Vassell will be back and also Luke Nilis will be here.

Up the Villa!!!!

------------------
JLloyd

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
But will we have anybody left????? :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts