Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your thoughts on him. Really has the team to win the World Cup. But Loew has a naive approach. Blunder with not taking more strikers. Even say if they aren't on form they could provide foil for his excellent attacking midfielders to score.

Your predictions on Germany finish.

·
Registered
17,397 Posts
With the relative easy draw Germany will definitely reach the quarterfinal, even with Diego Maradona as a coach (I would say no coach but Maradona is worse than no coach :pp). The group is easy and the matching group does not have any team that can beat them either. From then on it depends on luck too much to decide. Löw in my eyes makes too many mistakes to win it all but then again luck can play a big enough role to overcome mistakes. With Özil in the starting team there is no way Germany can win a title. So basically the squad is too strong not to finish top 8 but the coach is too weak to win the WC without massive luck.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Germany has lots of high pedigree managers so I am not sure why they stuck with him. Should have gone after Euro 2012. Yes he doesn't have the experience. Jupp Heynckes would win the World Cup win this German team which is his Bayern team minus a few players. Germany should really be aiming for the title not a semi final appearance each tournament.

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
Yeah, weird that he's not opted to take more strikers aka Spain.

I think a semi-final is very possible.

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
quarterfinal loss to France.

·
Registered
17,397 Posts
Yeah, seriously, we are talking about Germany here. Despite Löw France or England are no threat. There are a handful of teams that can easily end Germany's WC run but France or England are none of those.

·
Registered
17,397 Posts
Don't want to annoy anyone but I think you are overrating them and probably underrating Germany. As much bad stuff as we can say about Germany they are still at least a level ahead of France. After all it is still probably the most talented Germany side ever. Then we have the history of WC performances by Germany, Germany not even once lost in the group stage and have all records except for WC titles (most 2nd places, most 3rd places, most final appearances and by far most semifinal appearances) and most recent statistics indicate towards the same, despite not winning the title they finished the last three WCs as 3rd, 3rd and 2nd respectively. Don't think a team like France should be optimistic going into a possible meeting.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Yeah France's crowning achievement has been beating almighty Ukraine despite overwhelming odds, let's be real.

But nobody can deny France has the players to make a deep run,.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Boogers are yummy.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Semi-final at a minimum.

If Spain could win the world cup and euros with Del Bosque at the helm, Germany could surely do as well with Loew.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I have no optimism at the moment and don't quite know what to expect from this team.

In comparison, I had more faith strangely that the god awful squad and manager(Rudi the clown) from 2002 would go deep because even though that squad was so devoid of talent or flair players, they still embodied the traditional NT values of resilience and determination.

The NT has subtly transformed over the last 4 yrs. There is a lot of invention, pace and attacking initiative but solidity and team work ethic have been compromised.

Defence wins you a WC. Also, a fast paced style is surely not going to be suitable for South American conditions. Low has failed to address either of these issues in the last 2 yrs.

I'd actually be very surprised if we made another semi final.

·
Fourth Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
4,820 Posts
Germany at lest semi finals. Not because of his coaching but as team is talented.
And best dressed coach i have seen in football. Good style he got.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Semi-final at a minimum.

If Spain could win the world cup and euros with Del Bosque at the helm, Germany could surely do as well with Loew.
Well besides the talent in their team one of the reasons Spain has won so much is because there's not been an elite manager for the likes of Italy, Germany, Argentina, Brazil to challenge Del Bosque. He is the most experienced and decorated of the bunch. Well for this World Cup there's big names van Gaal and Scolari back at the helm.

Agreed that semi-final is a minimum for any German team with or without a coach but Loew should resign if he achieves the minimum again because Germany should be aiming for higher.

·
Registered
54,639 Posts
Don't want to annoy anyone but I think you are overrating them and probably underrating Germany. As much bad stuff as we can say about Germany they are still at least a level ahead of France. After all it is still probably the most talented Germany side ever. Then we have the history of WC performances by Germany, Germany not even once lost in the group stage and have all records except for WC titles (most 2nd places, most 3rd places, most final appearances and by far most semifinal appearances) and most recent statistics indicate towards the same, despite not winning the title they finished the last three WCs as 3rd, 3rd and 2nd respectively. Don't think a team like France should be optimistic going into a possible meeting.
forgot the 3-8?

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
The only other striker I would've brought was Gomez. Otherwise I think the squad is fine. Reus, Shurrle and Gotze can all fill-in. I do agree though that Low should have been removed after EURO 2012.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts