Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all these years people from Benfica saying JVP is gonna stay forever in Benfica,he´s the best and he´s ours,and every team of the world would want a player like this,after all this, the german coach says he doesn´t need him on the team...so he´s unemployed now.Who´s gonna catch him?

I must say this isn´t a good moment to come out with a new like this but by other way maybe he can get more guts to play good by Portugal in the Euro...I hope so...

·
Registered
89 Posts
I agree 100% with SLB, you and I are the only true JVP fans. Only we see the true value he adds to a squad. Benfica's mgt are a bunch of incompetent ****ers!!!! How do you let a guy that had offers ranging from 10 to 15 million, a few years back, go for free?????

JVA is a spineless prick. He goes and hires these foreign coaches, and then bends over for them!!!!!!

B

·
0 Posts
The keyword here is WAS worth 10 to 15 million! Last couple of years he hasn't been as good! But I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Sporting CP uniform next season!!! Come on Sporting sign up Pinto!!! He has been the most loyal Benfica players saying he didn't want to leave and this is what Azevedo does to him!! What a slime! Good luck with that German A-Hole and that idiot president!!!

[This message has been edited by Bulletproof (edited 04-06-2000).]

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Thats a stinking way to treat JVP. I only hope that he rules in euro 2000 and then moves to Spain or someplace and kicks major ass!

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA

D

·
0 Posts
All I can is sorry Benfica fans. You've lost a great player because of an idiot president.

The moment JVA put Graeme Souness in charge, I knew you had a s**t president who knows nothing about football. Benfica won't win anything with JVA as a president.

Get rid of him ASAP.

------------------
FROM DA UK PORTISTA
VIVA O PORTO!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Well thank go the elections are coming soon but maybe they are a bit to late and JVA already has one foot in benfica with his sad. I just hope that the socio's arent stupid enough to vote for him and that he pisses off to as far as possible.
P.S marco it has been confirmed and he was told 5 hours before the wales game.
What a way to traet ypur most loyal player!

O

·
0 Posts
Benfica fans rejoice!

The best thing that could have to this team just did. JVP was and is one big financial drain on the coffers. Benfica did the right thing in letting him go. He was simply a token of the past who hasn't done much. As for him going to Spain or Italy. Well that's just not going to happen. Lets remember he's done that already with AM and it was a total disaster.

Bravo Benfica Bravo!

[This message has been edited by Ola (edited 05-06-2000).]

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I guarantee u he will be playing in spain or italy next season. As for the AM thing, he was really young then and it means nothing. Come on, there are pretty good teams out there that are buying total crap players for huge money. So JVP for free will sound pretty good for clubs. I think he will get swamped with offers.

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA

·
International
5,629 Posts
Ola, as scary as this is I completely agree with you!
Personally, I think Benfica should have sold him 3 years ago when he would get big money! Now they had to do this, his salary alone was not worth his play the last two years! Besides if you guys think that a team would buy him up at his current form with his salary, then some help maybe necessary. Let's not forget that this guy makes more than Figo and Rui Costa undeservedly so!

J

·
0 Posts
I am a JVP fan i think he is a FANTASTIC player. But with IDIOT presidents & COACHES..
But didn't JVP sign a contract 4 life a few years ago???

------------------
FORCA PORTUGAL
FORCA DRAGOES

·
Registered
313 Posts
I seriously can't belive that JVP has left Benfica. Since Joao Vale e Azedo came Benfica has just gone down hill. How can you release a player like that... **** YOU JVA & HEYNCKES.. You German POOF!!!!

VIVA O JOAO PINTO
VIVA O BENFICA
VIVA O GLORIOSO
**** YOU JVA & HEYNCKES

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Ola is absolutely right - time will prove that Benfica can finally put a TEAM on the field now that JVP is gone.

FORCA BENFICA!

·
Registered
646 Posts
now i know why Heynckes was so keen to get control over transfers.

Heynckes has said if JVP stays he goes.
Could be interesting...

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
What do u mean with his current salary? He has no salary cos..err..hes been free transfered..err..you know? Any contract he will get is worth more than what he get now = 0.

btw, Figos contract is a joke. I think hes like the second worst paid player in Barcas team or something..

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA

·
International
5,629 Posts
I was referring to his salary before he and Benfica rescinded his contract...I think that he was making something in the 25K-30K per week...ridiculously high for his play.
WHO WOULD WANT TO BUY JVP AT THAT PRICE AT THIS TIME???

3-4 years ago, someone would have bitten, but not after the season he just had.

Benfica did the right thing! He was sucking them dry....

·
Registered
646 Posts
This wages stuff is a smokescreen.

Benfica have to keep paying his wages until 2004 or whenever his contract expires.

There may be a clause where Benfica can rescind but this will involve a substantial buyout clause, ie £1m, £2m.

Heynckes just wants him out of the way at any price so he can rebuild.

This is gonna hurt Benfica financially.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts