Xtratime Community banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
The thing about him owning a drapery store is gold.
I'm still not happy about these bits but it wasn't as bad as the 'smile' joke in Genisys. I would've allowed just one joke and none when they meet Sarah's contact. It wasn't a moment for laughs. Just imagine one of the jokes in the Dyson home after they heard what happens in the future.

The T-800 shouldn't be the comic relief. At least Sarah, Grace and Dani were played correctly. Weird that, the only person who didn't play his role correct was Arnie. Even Brett (the young T-800) played it correct.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Here are 2 critics that loved Dark Fate. Listen to what they say.
It's that sort of movie. There isn't something for everyone. You'll either like it or hate it (like I said).

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Someone pls immediately revoke Bentex's right to comment about the new movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhyGZLKR9qI
:howler:

My sentiments as well, except the trailer was more than sufficient for me.

It's currently 6.6 on IMDB, which in many cases indicates a shitty flick.

Bentex today finally saw the 2017 restoration and
3D conversion of Terminator 2: Judgment Day!

The 3D conversion was done by Cameron's Lightstorm company, which also did Titanic.

It's the first time I saw the theatrical cut for about 15 years (maybe longer). It looks visual better than it ever looked.

All the continuaty errors have been fixed like:

1. Broken truck window isn't broken and back in the next shot. It never breaks until the crash.
  2. The wires are removed from the motorcycle jump.
  3. Arnie's face in added by CG on the double's face x2
  4. his real arm is painted out after the robot arm is mangled in the machine
Could not spot any more.

There have been lots of restorations and editions. But this is the one to get.
It makes the movie even better.

Nice way to warm up for thr big day tomorrow!

Did they fix the various license plate numbers of the police car (mental institution chase)?

·
Registered
43,239 Posts
It's that sort of movie. There isn't something for everyone. You'll either like it or hate it (like I said).
I haven't seen those 2 clowns before...and judging by the almost entirely negative comments for many scrolls, well...the people here can see for themselves:-

Mike
1 week ago
Uh oh, John and Roxy like it. That’s not good.

Negrochiflado Rivera
1 week ago
Yeah ... lol ... that dude thinks the Transformers movies were awesome too.

EpoxyMuffin
2 days ago
"a lot of people say the score is their favorite part"
Not exactly a sign of a good movie....

Joel Walker
1 week ago
Either these two are lying or extremely shallow Terminator fans because the opening scene alone should have them furious.

PapaNeedsABreak
1 week ago
Starting a review by saying it's like The Force Awakens doesn't inspire confidence.

WOLF STAR
2 days ago
These two are the only ones praising this movie.

Bobby Powles
1 day ago
These imbeciles need to learn to read because I don't know what movie they actually watched but it sure as hell wasn't terminator dark fate!

·
Registered
43,239 Posts
Sorry, Bentex...but your services have been.........................terminated.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Did they fix the various license plate numbers of the police car (mental institution chase)?
I already wrote everything I spotted that has been changed.

The rest are still there, still has crew members viable, reflections etc

·
Registered
29,324 Posts

They sound retarded tbh. (not saying you need to be in order to enjoy the movie.) Judging by that short clip. Or rather they aren't saying much at all beyond "great performance by x, y, z," (how?) "great direction by Tom Miller" (what does that entail?)

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Pretty much the point I was trying to make. The movie is up on RT again.

I think the previous Terminator killed off a lot of fans.

The movie isn't great but it's very good. Just 3 changes would make it epic.

1. Don't kill John Connor, have him and Danny Dyson be Sarah's military contact.

2. Make Dani Ramos the invented of the hybrid Terminator. The we don't need two John Connors.

3. More charector development at the start. We didn't give a shit for the people being chased.

It has flopped, but I think it'll pick up. People didn't know it was out early in UK. Cinemas were only sold out after one week! They need to look at the marketing in UK.

Genisys got 27% on RT (rightly so) this is a 70% rated movie. The highest by miles of any new release. It's a shame people are missing out on the experience. Especially Dolby Atmos, which was beyond awesome.

·
Registered
29,324 Posts
Tbh this always seemed like an obvious financial disaster for the studio. What did they expect, carrying a budget like that which would take several 100m to break even? Sure, these retreads will get a few +30 guys back in the theatre, more than a few, actually, but still there's definitelty a ceiling somewhere in the mid-to-lower range, like the recent Rambo movie. Not that I woudn't want these films to succeed, in a way, I love seeing the Paramount snowtop in the theatre in the opening credits, long may it last.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
It's not a huge disaster.

Skydance put up 30%
Paramount 30%
Disney (Fox) 30%
Tenent 10%

I don't believe the budget is as high as reported. Plus filming in Hungary they get 30% back of what they spent there.

The marketing for UK was really bad, they've only just started going to see it. The appearances on TV talk shows only recently started because of the Californian fires. I'm curious what it'll do this weekend coming up.

All is not lost, Batman Begins hardly took in anything. But as it was fresh and they green lit the Dark Knight.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
$150m budget
+
$80m marketing

The studio only gets a percentage of box office. It's different for every territory.

$375m is certainly a loss for regular films but because it's Batman it's not clear (only accountant knows for sure). Stuff like product placement and merchandise sales helped fill the gap. Usual movie with same budget needs around $550m to break even.

But if BB wasn't such a critical success there wouldn't have been a sequel. Dark Knight brought in over a Billion. That made serious money.

Batman Begins was a flop at the Box Office.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
$150m budget
+
$80m marketing

The studio only gets a percentage of box office. It's different for every territory.

$375m is certainly a loss for regular films but because it's Batman it's not clear (only accountant knows for sure). Stuff like product placement and merchandise sales helped fill the gap. Usual movie with same budget needs around $550m to break even.

But if BB wasn't such a critical success there wouldn't have been a sequel. Dark Knight brought in over a Billion. That made serious money.

Batman Begins was a flop at the Box Office.

121 - 135 of 135 Posts