Xtratime Community banner

81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
32,026 Posts
Jesus, I only just realised it was John Williams. Funny how both the jazz fusion types (Lalo Schifrin) and the classical dudes started playing with synths in the late 1970s, early 1980s.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Aren't we already well past the date when Skynet was supposed to take over the world? So what are they still fighting about? I don't see any warrior robots anywhere (well, other than drones, but those aren't even autonomous).

Or have they pushed this human v robots war further into the future in the franchise?

I haven't seen anything beyond T2 and never will.

Have a day off, Andy.

You need to listen when you watch movies. It's not a firework display! It's important, this way you understand what's going on.

John Connor didn't send his father back in time to bone his motha and ensure his survival. He sent him back to stop judgment day.

Remember his message:

"The future is not set. There's no fate but what we make"

She changed the future in T1 and that's how the T-1000 was made. By blowing up Cyberdyne, Destroying the chip and robot arm, Sarah changed the future again. Cyberdyne, Skynet are all gone.

This is why the movie is called Dark Fate. This is the movie Jim Cameron was making in 2002 before the bust up with C2 (Kassar/Vajna) and he walked away (as did Linda Hamilton. Furlong was in the movie too under Cameron but he blew his advance on coke and was removed anyway). Dark Fate shows the consequences of her actions.

They're not very good!

I won't spoil the movie for others. But something else happens and the REV-9 is sent back to Terminate Dani Ramos.

*potential spoiler*

My theory is that Dani Ramos invents the tech to build enhanced humans. She works in a factory that builds cars. Present day it's is all about electric and hybrid cars, so it kinda fits. The new threat kills even more humans and there aren't many skilful people left. So without Ramos they can't fight back.

Cameron already wrote 2 more Terminator Scipts after T2. One for the 'Battle across time" and T3. You can see how the 'Rise of the Machines' story was adapted from his script. The T-X like the REV-9 has an endoskelton and liquid alloy on the outside. There is also a female character that's important in the future war. So the T3 story arc was already written. Almost 20 years later many things have changed so the story had change too and that's the most important thing. In the non-Cameron films T3 & Genysis you may as well have just watched fireworks. It was set piece - stop for 3 minutes of chit chat - set piece - chit chat and on and on. They thought of the action first then put the story in. Salvation was different as it was a war movie. For me Salvation succeeded in the movie it wanted to be (like War for the Planet of the Apes. We were already emotionally attached to Ceaser and the same with John Conner). I know people didn't like Salvation because it wasn't like the other movies (which is interesting because the new Joker movie isn't like anything that's had the joker character before. Can't wait to see the response). But I'm going off the topic, so back to TDF. All the mistakes of other screen writers and directors will not be repeated this time. A lot of time was spent in the writers room. Sometimes with Cameron and sometimes without. But every line had to pass through Cameron before it made the final script. Even ideas on the sent were sent Cameron and he would make changes hours before it's shot. Have no fear, Cameron's finger prints are all over this movie. It will follow in the footsteps of T1 and T2.

Is easy to be negative following the last movie. Produced by a billionaire rich kid that probably hasn't started shaving yet. Inexperienced director who wouldn't dream of telling Arnie is playing the Terminator all wrong. Jai Courtney??? he must be the highest earning crappy actor on the planet. Then there's the two writers I can't even remember their names. It was doomed from the start. Apart from Arnie, only Ellison is back (someone has pay the bills). So the negativity isn't justified. They brought back everyone that made Terminator a success.

Finally, I'm curious. I don't go into any thread and constantly tell people I'm not going to watch a movie. If I went into a thread and did the same I'd get a load of abuse!

·
1st Tier Poster
49,545 Posts
so you basically don't know the answer to my question?

not surprised ... those time travel paradoxes are a tricky thing and all movies inevitably crash under the weight of them, especially if they try to make sequels.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I'll make it easy for you.

Andy Sayeth:

"Aren't we already well past the date when Skynet was supposed to take over the world?"

Bentex sayeth:

"By blowing up Cyberdyne, Destroying the chip and robot arm, Sarah changed the future again. Cyberdyne, Skynet are all gone".

One more time: No more Cyberdyne, no more Skynet. They were defeated in T2. Judgment day never happened. This movie explores the consequences of her actions

·
1st Tier Poster
49,545 Posts
I'll make it easy for you.

Andy Sayeth:

"Aren't we already well past the date when Skynet was supposed to take over the world?"

Bentex sayeth:

"By blowing up Cyberdyne, Destroying the chip and robot arm, Sarah changed the future again. Cyberdyne, Skynet are all gone".

One more time: No more Cyberdyne, no more Skynet. They were defeated in T2. Judgment day never happened. This movie explores the consequences of her actions
oh yeah, thanks for reminding me of that particular ouroboros... time travel movies really have monumentally stupid plots if you think about it

also Cyberdyne still exists :D

https://www.cyberdyne.jp/english/

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Paradox is a paradox.

But it didn't stop people liking the first 2 films. I actually hated the paradox in T1 and the sex scene. I was 6 years old. Even then I knew it was weird to full in love with you leader's motha and travel through time to sex her. Weirdly every girl I knew thought it was romantic. If Linda Hamilton says that's the reason it was successful.

3 weeks to go for people in UK. We control the fate of the whole franchise. If it sucks the yanks won't go to watch it. I think the IMAX preview before Joker will really help it.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #88 (Edited)
Sorry for all the typos in yesterday's post. My CPU is almost 40 and my lenses suffer on low battery. Just had a full charge and my CPU is running at full capacity.

I just saw some new footage of Grace. I think she'll give an iconic performance. I saw more new footage today and I've loved every second of the footage I've seen of her so far. Many talking about the REV-9 and yeah, he's cool but he acts a lot like the T-1000. The way Grace moves is well, and graceful! The way she spins the chain and her facial expressions just sell it to me. I really hope she doesn't die in this movie. We're also going to get a lot of flashbacks from her fighting and being in the future to make us root for her. I wouldn't be surprised that the reshoots were done after they saw her performance. She's a total badass. *=* SPOILER*=* Apparently she was enhanced from tech stolen from the machines.

Meet the new saviours of mankind:

Guys, if the reviews come out and say this movie is as good as T2 or even better. Would you still not watch it?

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Paramount removed the Dani Ramos featurette. It's now been re-released with the HUGE spoiler edited out. Even I can't defend this. Now I know the end of the movie. Thanks retards. They should've just left it up. They made it ten times worse.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I have to go now, I got my ticket. Bentexicans get to see it over a week before yanks do.

·
Registered
44,782 Posts
looks like a B-movie poster

but then again it very likely will be one

carry on
It doesn't look too different from, say, recent Avengers or Star Wars posters. I think they're meant to be alterable anyway so it seems there's no real artistic vision set in stone. FX, they may make a certain character bigger and maybe scrap another for the Asian market.
@Bentex, pls don't do the popcorn trick.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
No chance of that. I never take food in the cinema. Pisses me off when people decide to have a picnic when I'm watching a movie.

I got my seat in the prime centre. My first movie at an x plus cinema. Don't know what to expect.

·
Registered
32,026 Posts
I watched Joker in 70mm, in a sold out 1000 seat theatre (built in 1960 when 'scope and technicolor had really broken through). The first 30 minutes I had a hard time concentrating with all the eating going on. An employee introduced the film, rolled out a film strip to illustrate the concept, and warned people that spots might occur on the screen. :D

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Man that would've really annoyed me. Why do people feel the need to have a picnic at the movies? I was lucky.... nobody was munching when I watched it.

I watched it in digital. I didn't notice missing parts of the frame. The cinema has recently up graded the audio system. It was pretty awesome. The best I experienced in Showcase.

I'm watching T:DF in X plus. I'm not really sure what it is. I know the sound is suppose to rival IMAX sound. But I don't think it can.

I'm curious to see if it's a gimmick or actually a game changer.

Have you experienced "X Plus"??? I could've booked IMAX at a different cinema but I decided to check it out.

·
Registered
32,026 Posts
I'm just not used to being in a full movie theater, unfortunately, but I was still a little surprised since the average age seemed to be above 30.

I think IMAX is the only fance format I've tried, if we're talking digital.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I try and go when there is less people too.

However, with TDF I think it'll be packed out. So wherever I booked I'd get chatter and picnic noises :( but I got the prime seat! On opening showing. So I pleased with that.

I will have a review of X plus on Wednesday as well then.

Sarah and Grace we're on UK telly and they said Arnie is hilarious in this movie. That's huge red flags for me. I'm no going to watch a comedy. I think that's one of the mistakes Jenny Smith made. I thought they'd cut that shit out.

Also, for some weird reason a new trailer dropped with F bombs and severed limbs! Just to prove it's R rated. However it's a 15 in UK (like T2).

·
Registered
32,026 Posts
I like a crowded theater but not the movies that tend to draw crowds these days. It was nice to watch it with a large crowd, and people weren't noisy and checking mobile phones like I've heard kids will do these days in Denmark, some kids anyway. So the initial candy bag scratching was a price worth paying I guess.

·
Registered
44,782 Posts
Arnold sure looks old

why are robots aging btw? shouldn't Terminator still look young?
Older explanation:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/james-cameron-totally-reasonable-explanation-aging-terminator-terminator-genisys/

So how does all of this aging/not-aging work in Terminator Genisys work? Here’s how original creator James Cameron explained a cyborg’s miraculous aging ability:

[T]he outer covering (of the Terminator) was actually not synthetic, that it was organic and therefore could age. You could theoretically have a Terminator that was sent back in time, missed his target, and ended up just kind of living on in society. Because he is a learning computer and has a brain as a central processor he could actually become more human as he went along without getting discovered.
In other words, the most farfetched time-traveling post-T2 has been done by the writers of the show.

81 - 100 of 135 Posts