Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my hopes of a new manager that could attract the kind of top class quality players have been dashed and the Villa board have offered JG a new 3 year contract worth £1 million a year...(huh! is he really worth that?? NO!)
This surely signals the end of Ugo Ehiough at Villa...Ugo please stay...we need you!

Funny quote from JG...he now considered himself a better manager than 2 years ago....yeah he has more experience but he hasn't changed that much!

Although to give him some credit he got us to the final of the FA Cup this season!

D

·
0 Posts
And he helped Villa into Europe. Gregory has been a fantastic coach, and it's good that he stays.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As a non Villa fan you might think that...but believe many a Villa fan want a new coach! I believe you support Arsenal, well it's fine for you to express this opinion because you have a "real" coach who can attract the top quality players that Arsenal need to win things.

Villa are not in Europe yet and if you think we should all go woohoo, we got the final of the FA Cup then think again. Of course, this is a good thing for the Villa, we haven't been there since 1957, but Villa should be there or there abouts every year. If we want to get back to the days of winning the European Cup and make it stick, then we have to have a coach who is tactically great and who can attract the players you want and keep the players that you need i.e Ugo.

JG is great for a mediocre, middle of the table team, but Villa need to move away from that image and become one of the top 3 again...personally I don't think we can with JG in charge...believe me I'll eat lots of humble pie if we do!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I agree that Villa can not be i the top three with JG but I repeat this guy has took you from nearly being relegated to Europe contention.
He has bought some top class players, Dublin, Carbone and Merson and seems to bring out the best in Southgate if no-one else.

E

·
0 Posts
I really dont think that the manager is THAT important. Offcourse he decides how we play tactical etc...how glad the players are...and the players seem to like JG (maybe not UGO), soooo

But i dont care...as long as we pay for good players also..not just for JG

But what do you think about the rumour about Merson...he is unhappy that Villa are going to pay Carbone what he wants ?????

How can he complain? i mean. he has not got much time left as a top footballer.....so if this is true, i feel a bit sad about Merson.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the Carbone situation is awkward because once he starts to demand high wages, what is going to stop players like Merse and Southgate demanding the same?

But on the other hand it is important that we keep Beni, he and Merse have struck up a great relationship!!!

As for JG, I refuse to settle for an "ok" manager....this team was the first to do the domestic double in England...we should still be leading the league that our first chairman set up!

WESV

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Yep, battling with Preston North End.

Have you read the book yet, that will explain why Mers is moaning currently (I didn't know he was).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts