Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some information on these 2 please? How do they compare to the other young prospects comign through in Spain.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
They are both top class, especially Ramos has made a big impact this season. And no, they won't come to Liverpool. :D

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fargo said:
They are both top class, especially Ramos has made a big impact this season. And no, they won't come to Liverpool. :D
Have we even been linked with them :confused:

Can you tell me what sort of players they are/main assets.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
SM ONLINE,

I think that Navas as well as Ramos are linked with at first hand Arsenal and then Manchester United, but it is all rumours and silly season.

However, this guys have a lot of qualities as well as potentials. Both have did well and won at the World/Europe stage with their youth teams and earned their reputations from there. This i however more true about Navas since Ramos have shone and are a hell of a rightback. The rightback of the season prospect IMO.

Navas is however a leftwing with lot of potential. He is already "the new Reyes" at Seville with a lot of technical abilities, speedy, a gift from god at playing out wide. Need to be more strong and all that kind of stuff that young players need to be good at, but it will come...Seville-product (as is Reyes). Should say that he is a mix by Vicente (not that good yet though) and Reyes playing out wide, but it is hard to say. He has a lot of work left to be at this guys level, but soon perhaps...?

Sergio Ramos - Reminds me a lot of Carles Puyol. Both at looks and the way of play, strong, difficult to beat one-to-one, due to his pace but also his physical power (which is strange since he´s not that big). For sure, Spains next superstar on this position (rightback), he is good, very, very good. And it is hard to compare someone other Spaniard at this position cause we don´t have any so good on it (except Salgado who we don´t can compare with Ramos since they are a bit different).

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^thankyou

Report in todays Liverpool Echo

BENITEZ TARGETS TEEN ACE
Liverpool Echo 12 March 2005

Rafa Benitez is tracking highly rated Seville teenager Sergio Ramos as he prepares further reconstruction of his squad this summer.

But Benitez would have to battle with Europe's top clubs to bring one of Spain's hottest talents to Merseyside.

The 18-year old defender has attracted the attentions of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United and Arsenal this season.

Benitez first discussed the possibility of brining right-back Ramos to Anfield last summer, but a staggering price tag of £10m was beyond Liverpool's price range, particularly for a defender.

Given the competition for the youngster's signature, Benitez would need all his powers of persuasion in order to attract the under-21 international to Merseyside.

Clearly any fresh approach will also depend on Champions League qualification next season as Benitez prepares a transfer kitty for the closed season.

Ramos was recently tipped to make his senior international debut for Spain against San Marino, but he is currently recovering from a knee injury which ruled him out of that fixture last month.

He's one of the key reasons Seville have genuine aspirations of qualifying for next years competition despite currently sitting fifth in La Liga.
Apparently were also after some young player from Espanyol cant remember his name though

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
The rumour is that Ramos are tipped to be with the spanish selection against China and the qualifiers against Serbia although it´s just a rumour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts