Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just seen these articles..does anyone think it will happen?

Nenad Jestrovic

Club From: Anderlecht
Club To: Blackburn Rovers
Transfer Amount: £1.5million
Confirmed: No

Blackburn Rovers are reportedly lining up a £1.5million bid for Anderlecht striker Nenad Jestrovic.

Jestrovic admitted: "I don't know who Blackburn are interested in but I would be happy to play for them because the Premiership is the best championship in the world.”

Anderlecht striker Nenad Jestrovic says he would consider a move to Blackburn following reports Rovers are in the hunt for him.

The Serbian striker is the leading goalscorer in the Belgian League this season and Blackburn are reported to be preparing a £1.5million bid for the 28-year-old.

NENAD JESTROVIC Jestrovic has heard of Blackburn's interest and says he would be interested in a move to Ewood Park as he wants to have a crack at the Premiership.

Boss Mark Hughes has made finding a new striker his number one priority this summer and Jestrovic could be an option, although the player has his eye on a number of clubs.

"I don't know who Blackburn are interested in but I'd be happy to play for them or teams like Bolton, Portsmouth and Aston Villa because the Premiership is the best championship in the world," he said.

"I play physical football and I'm strong. They are qualities that will suit the English game and the Premiership is my first option."

Rovers remain in danger of the drop after scoring just 25 goals in their 31 Premiership matches so far this season

The 28-year-old Serbia & Montenegro striker is the top scorer in the Belgian league this season due to his exploits with Anderlecht, and he admits he is keen on a move to the Premiership.

"I don't know who Blackburn are interested in but I would be happy to play for them because the Premiership is the best championship in the world," said Jestrovic. "I play physical football and I'm strong. They are qualities that will suit the English game and The Premiership is my first option."

Rovers are eager to bolster their strike force in time for next season, and manager Mark Hughes will not be put off by the £1.5million fee Jestrovic would command.

these are just three of the articals

also i read in some newspapers that middle clubs in the premiership are interested in young talent from SERBIA AND MONTENEGRO....

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Well if he does well in "industrial football" Belgium (I don't know how Anderlecht plays though) he should do well in a midtable English side. However I'd say that the type of player that will succeed in the premiership is in the minority among Serbian talents.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Jestrovic in Portsmouth along with Stefanovic sounds good, looks like Pompey are building a good team that will stay in contention for UEFA Cups places in the future...

·
Registered
40,672 Posts
Yeah I agree, he's more physical than he is talented. He's pretty big and strong, can hold up a ball, can shoot and head well, so on paper he should do well in England.

It's clear though that he will leave Belgium soon and I guess we'll find out the exact destination in the next couple of months.

·
Registered
423 Posts
liverpool has plety of forwards....Baros, Morrientes, Cisse when he comes back and Garcia is pretty much a forward these days

id like to c him in Everton

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
If was Jestrovic I would prefer to play anywhere else but in Belgium, maybe in France, England, Spain or Italy as long as he is a starter…and gets the money he wants.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
where did u get this article?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PartizanBeograd said:
where did u get this article?

its on the english teletext and newspapers why?

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
can u send the link?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PartizanBeograd said:
can u send the link?
aha...but how do i do that hehehe :) ?

·