1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
19,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Gyula
2,504 Posts
Pfff how many countries has she ever been to? And she's only impressed by natural features which aren't a credit to the people but a credit to nature.

Nice try but an ignorant and sheltered opinion about how nice the Adriatic is from an uncultured American is not brag worthy.

Let me know once you reach Crown Jewel of the Austro-Hungarian Empire status like Budapest :coffee:

Until then enjoy being some seaside outpost impressing the young and the clueless. :grin2:

·
Banned
36,097 Posts
Pfff how many countries has she ever been to? And she's only impressed by natural features which aren't a credit to the people but a credit to nature.
True, us Croats made our way to the most beautiful part of Europe, trampling weaker tribes along the way and stomping right over boring landlocked wastelands like Hungary to reach the idyllic Adriatic, set up shop and charge you pasty northern sheepherders to escape your bleak existence for a few weeks in the year.

You're welcome :tip:

·
Registered
19,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Nice try but an ignorant and sheltered opinion about how nice the Adriatic is from an uncultured American is not brag worthy.

Let me know once you reach Crown Jewel of the Austro-Hungarian Empire status like Budapest :coffee:

Until then enjoy being some seaside outpost impressing the young and the clueless. :grin2:
You'd give your left nut for Jessica Alba. Admit it. ;)

Here's a sample of others who can speak to Croatia's beauty and which has made it such a tourist magnet....even for Hungarians who can't wait to come each year.

#JessicalovesCroatia

·
Registered
2,622 Posts

·
Registered
19,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
19,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so how come you live in Eskimoland then?
As to your question, I do work as an assistant early morning shift donut maker at Tim Horton's. Its all over Canada, and I think some spots in the US.

As soon as they set up shop in Zagreb, I'll move there in my family's house. By then I should make it up to Head Donut maker, day shift. :proud:

This will mean also I'll be able to go watch all the Dinamo and Croatian NT games in person in the sacred Maksimir. :yes:

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Ante, apologies - I owe you a PM back.

Has your career ended as a vacuum cleaner salesman? I had my eye on that brand new Dyson Cyclone and was looking for a good deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,626 Posts

Has your career ended as a vacuum cleaner salesman? I had my eye on that brand new Dyson Cyclone and was looking for a good deal!

I used to get those too but if you ignore him for about 6 months he'll eventually get the picture.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I used to get those too but if you ignore him for about 6 months he'll eventually get the picture.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Took you only 5 days to come out of hiding after the Wales win, it must have really hurt but oh well....c'est la vie.

PS Your superunknown multi was pretty lame for what its worth.:facepalm:

·
Registered
19,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I quit doing sales and went into the donut making biz. Its tough scratching out a meager existence on minimum wage but at least I get free day old donuts from time to time.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Read an article today saying Dubrovnik over flooded with tourists and how UNISECO warned Croatia it might lose its world heritage site status but that's none of my business tho! Was saying to check out Kotor instead :err:

·
Registered
54,632 Posts
Read an article today saying Dubrovnik over flooded with tourists and how UNISECO warned Croatia it might lose its world heritage site status but that's none of my business tho! Was saying to check out Kotor instead :err:
that's an old problem and not only valid for Dubrovnik. many a places in Europe are flooded by that cheap scum who fly in by the masses with Scum Air and the likes and destroy most beautiful places much, the Vandals of the 21. century if you will :(

R.I.P Venice, Rome, Firenze, Paris, London, Barcelona, Berlin, Lisbon, Amsterdam, Krakow, Tallinn, Riga, Prague, etc etc etc

·
Registered
19,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Nature has no nationality, mate. Borders are always changing. New nations are being formed throughout time. That land was "occupied" by many nations in just the last few centuries. You're going to tell me that a tree in the middle of nowhere identifies as a Croatian? You're no better than the radical left wing that believe people can identify as trees as well. :howler:

Culture, is what you're looking for. Culture is what supplies national identity - the manner in which the humans inhabiting that region interact with one another.

When I visit the country of Croatia, I don't go to a national park and say, "WOW Croatia is beautiful!" I say, "the nature surrounding these lands is beautiful!"

You think cavemen walked around naming caves? "This is BABARATAA" :howler:
They understood the idea that these caves were only a temporary means of security until they moved on to the next one in pursuit of their continuous journey.
We only give names to these lands, in modern times, because our societies have evolved to the point where we needed to add an extra level of classification for communication purposes. However, philosophically speaking, the notion of claiming X territory is silly because nationalities change over time.

To really put this in context, imagine this: People used to say that Plitvice was a spectacle of Yugoslavian nature. That sentence would no longer be accurate because it is now the national park of Croatia. In another 20 years, it might renamed to something else and this thread would seem silly as well as invalid. Who knows...History is always changing but the nature of these lands are remaining the same with respect to the law of nature.
Here's another prime example: Nikola Tesla was born in the Hungarian part of the Austro-Hungarian empire, modern day Croatia, who identified as a South Slavic Serb defined by his Christian Orthodoxy (culture). Some Hungarians claim that he is Hungarian because that was the country that occupied that land during that time. Croatians claim: Now that they are an independent state and that Tesla was born in modern day Croatia, he surely must be a Croat!
Serbs claim that based on his religious belief system and how he self-identified, through a variety of texts, that he is indeed a Serb.
So, which one do we go with? Well, land does not define a human being. However, culture does. Tesla was a Christian orthodox. The only people residing in that region with that particular belief system and defined culture were Serbs.

Get it now?

Nature has no expiration date except that which is defined by time.

#GetRektAnte :D

·
Registered
19,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dude, still licking your wounds from the self proclaimed "Golden Generations" 5-0 getting gang raped at the hands of the Ukes? :pat:

"Golden Generation", "Fabulous Five", etc...etc...the lack of self awareness is amusing I must admit. lol

#youwishyouwere

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
In my experience, Montenegro is nice but about 20 years behind Croatia as far as amenities, service and professionalism is concerned.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts