Xtratime Community banner

Jermaine ****ing Pennant

4K views 67 replies 42 participants last post by  Che 
#1 ·
#4 ·
:howler:

zokora and bentley are still available.. *cough**cough**cough*...

#8 · (Edited)
Why should sign Arizmendi too while you're at it.
:thumbsup:

Arizmendi would be an excellent addition to their team, maybe he'll become the new Solari as he's alreay played for Atléti :proud: :howler:

EDIT: They're calling him Penninho on AS.com :dielaugh:

#10 ·
Seems like Ramos is getting his very first genuine RMadrid experience with the club signing a player he is against.

#17 ·
theres still hope because Marca havent really jumped on this the way AS have. Marca are still talking about how the demands of pennant have stopped any deal going through, and have drummed up the Krasic possbility a bit more.

here's hoping that i can close this thread, please God.

#23 ·
I doubt Juande will sanction this transfer, but if he does then a few of you may be in for a surprise. He is a decent talent; great pace, good dribbling skills and he does whip in a mean ball from the flanks. His downfall has always been his mentality - he appears to have trouble concentrating solely on his football and it has blocked his development. He is still only 25, perhaps in a city like Madrid where he isn't surrounded by certain people he can put his head down and concentrate on his football. He isn't good enough to be a starter here, no, but he can do a decent job as a substitute.

#30 ·
For sure it's difficult, but as the above posts have correctly stated, Palanca would be a fine choice for a "sub" right-winger. He's not blessed with fantastic dribbling skills but has other qualities. His work rate seems good (youthful enthusiasm, eager to impress) and you need fighters from now until the summer.

If anyone from Liverpool, Riera would be nice. La Liga proven but probably an unfeasible move right now.

#26 ·
Do you have somebody in your cantera for a winger position, like a certain Palanca ?

As far i see it, it is a great chance to give one of your own a great chance to prove his worth and even if Palanca wont be in a level RMadrid needs then at least you have raised the value of one of your own players from whom you can make profit. Pennant isnt also on a level needed in RMadrid.

There is some point to the signing though, as Pennant has CL experience and also knows a thing or two about Liverpool. As he is signed mostly for that competition but if he isnt given playing time or a run around, he pretty much is useless.

I dont see why you are not going after Arshavin though...Brilliant player who would come relatively cheaply as he just wants to get to a big club.
Seeing as Russia is financially on a downward spiral cant see Zenit immune to money problems also with them building their new stadium and all.

#37 ·
I dont see why you are not going after Arshavin though...Brilliant player who would come relatively cheaply as he just wants to get to a big club.
Seeing as Russia is financially on a downward spiral cant see Zenit immune to money problems also with them building their new stadium and all.
You're forgetting Zenit are bankrolled by Gazprom though... which effectively means they're bankrolled by the Russian government.

#27 ·
how much of an improvement is he on Palanca? experience of playing in the premiership ofcourse, other than that we can trust in someone who's willing to play whilst half his brain has just poured onto the field. atleast with palanca we arent going to get the bullshit i expect from pennant who thinks hes garrincha coming from the EPL.

we dont need these players to make a squad. huntelaar, diarra, and parejo are enough. with palanca that's even better. why does the club need pennant? for a rainy day? this is absurd, hes unnecessary.

like josh said if we are going to get a winger then he has to be first team quality because robben gets injured a fair bit. paying money to purchase someone like pennant is a fvcking waste.

#28 ·
I think Pedja-calderon want to sign a bench player since they havent given up hope of Ronaldo

#29 ·
Yeah but why not give Palanca the 6 months to try to prove his shit. You are wasting 5 M€+salaries on a bench idiot in stead of saving the 5M€ and the salaries and invest it into one of your own and if things dont work out, you can always earn money by selling Palanca.

#34 ·
no arguements here, the only thing I can see it would give palance some one to fight for a starting spot but I still do like the idea of signing bench players as they take up spots (Saviola)

#31 ·
If the Pennant deal falls through I hear Keith Gillespie is looking for a new club. But you will have to battle Barnet for him, good luck with that.

#32 ·
I come to the forums after weeks and the first thing I see is Jermaine ****ing Pennant?!?!! :notlist::groan:

Wtf is going on?!! :scream:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.