Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do guys think? He has good pace, good dribbling, decent passing. With him and Guerrero, Peru has alot to be excited about.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah, I saw this guy play at the Copa America last year, I knew he'd hit it big. :)

Anyways, he's a good striker. Kinda underrated, but that isn't surprising.
He'll be a great asset to Peru.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
What do guys think? He has good pace, good dribbling, decent passing. With him and Guerrero, Peru has alot to be excited about.
He's the next Garrincha :D

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
I wouldn't really call him a striker, more of a right winger/second wave striker. But he's quality, he currently has a little dip at psv but overall he's had a good season.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
It would be nice if he would be a little more effective. Dribbling here, dribbling there etc, etc. but the return isn't always there.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
I read He dreams of Serie A. I think he's good, but need to become more consitant. A great pacy dribbler for sure.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I don't rate this guy very highly on the whole. His individual aspects are good, like his dribbling and pace, but to me they don't mesh to form on good, complete game. Also his finishing is suspect, unless he steps his game up I don't think he'd cope in Serie A.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
i'm a fan, this guy has the talent and drive to be successful. if peru makes the wc, watch him be one of the stars of the tournament.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
The guy is a very very talented player with a lot of future

But IMHO, the Peruvian national team is incredibly underachieving for the talent they have, so I really see no future there. If he keeps playing like this he will play for one of europe's biggest soon

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
bernmilan1 said:

But IMHO, the Peruvian national team is incredibly underachieving for the talent they have, so I really see no future there. If he keeps playing like this he will play for one of europe's biggest soon
He frustrated Maldini alot, they even had to sub him because he couldn't handle him! :eekani:

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
That is not why Maldini was subbed, he picked up a knock and is uncertain for the Juve clash
I agree with you, the guy is very very talented, but his national team is a waste of great talent and have been for a while now.

Though I love Paolo, I can only imagine if Park and Lee played on his side...

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
bernmilan1 said:

why do you think peru is such an underachiever? they have star players in european leagues such as pizarro, farfan, guerrero, medoza, solano, soto, etc. but are behind in qualifying to ecuador, who only have one player in europe (delacruz).

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
I am from ecuador, which gives me a little bit of extra pleausre saying it
They have great talent, therefore if they suck in south america: they underachieve

Farfan, Solano, Pizarro, Guerrero and so on are better than any of the players in my country, but as a national team they suck. Easy as that, you said it yourself

We have Quito, which is a fortress (there are few places harder to win in the planet than Ecuador at home), but I'll gladly talk about that in the COMEBOL forum
In the meantime, I wish farfan all the best

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
bernmilan1 said:
We have Quito, which is a fortress (there are few places harder to win in the planet than Ecuador at home), but I'll gladly talk about that in the COMEBOL forum
Which is why when Ecuador make it to the WC they put all SA in shame..

·
Registered
461 Posts
Great player , i noticed him the first leg with Milan. also he played copa america and was great offensvie player.Tonight he had good game and caused all sort of problems for Milan defence a long the S.korean(lee).he is pacy,technical,aggressive am sure he has bright future a head.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
We lost 1, tied the WC holders at that time and also tied Senegal ( who were the breakout team in that WC )..

We missed qualifying for the 2nd round by a few inches..

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
He's a very talented youngster. If put on the right team, I think he could become among the best strikers in the world.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts