Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He was severly injured after a clash with Frey, during yesterdays match vs Parma :(

Forza JDT :cool:

Milan vs Ajax ;)

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
is it true?

oh, god, we are down to 2 strikers again...
really hope that both crespo and sheva can stay healthy and fit.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
p.s.
that photo reminded me of that great match...indeed i was horrified by the unneccesary 'tap-in' of JDT in that shot...Pippo's shot was actually heading towards the net...what if JDT put it wide...i cannot imagine.

anyway
FORZA TOMMASSON
get well soon.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Elephant King said:
p.s.
that photo reminded me of that great match...indeed i was horrified by the unneccesary 'tap-in' of JDT in that shot...Pippo's shot was actually heading towards the net...what if JDT put it wide...i cannot imagine.

anyway
FORZA TOMMASSON
get well soon.
It looked like going in ok EK,But all respects to Tommo he was only making sure of it to.So sad to lose him now at least he can rest and that we couldv'e had him out at even a worse time.His work in the equaliser at Parma was instrumental.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
2004 over for Tomasson? Sunday 5 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are reports that Milan striker Jon Dahl Tomasson will be out of action until the New Year with a back strain.

The Dane fell heavily when Parma goalkeeper Sebastien Frey clattered into him during the closing stages of yesterday’s 2-1 victory at the Stadio Tardini.

Although he carried on until the final whistle and struck the upright with a late effort, Tomasson is still feeling discomfort and will undergo tests today.

The ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’ claims the former Premiership and Feyenoord forward will be out until the New Year with this back strain, making it even more likely the club will go on the transfer market in January.

Pippo Inzaghi is out until February following ankle surgery, while Hernan Crespo and Andriy Shevchenko have battled injuries this season.

Tomasson has definitely been left out of Tuesday’s trip to Glasgow, where a win against Celtic will secure first place in their Champions’ League group.

Milan squad:

Gk: Abbiati, Dida, Fiori

D: Cafu, Coloccini, Costacurta, Maldini, Nesta, Pancaro

M: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Dhorasoo, Gattuso, Kakà, Pirlo, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Serginho

F: Crespo, Shevchenko

channel4

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
General Zod said:
Does this mean that Gilardino is coming to you guys in January?
It will be hard to say man,Parma have so much reliance on Gila they simply can't afford to let him go unless they're at least assured of a sure thing striker you know what I mean. ;)

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Bringing back Borriello wouldn't be worth it,No offence to Marco but he can't fill the void upfront.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Schumy said:
Bringing back Borriello wouldn't be worth it,No offence to Marco but he can't fill the void upfront.
i agree..he seems still an unmature player..

·
Banned
343 Posts
Politician said:
Probably a loan or.. Boriello.

Batistuta, why not? Morientes?
Yeah why not resume Meazza's body huh? I do not get why everyone loves this "experience" thing like Bati can teach it or something. Experience is gained with playing. Bati can teach things about the game but can not transfer his playing knowledge into someone's head. Plus, Milan already got experienced players and does not need some Serie A has-been.

I say Gila would be perfect for you to get him in January. Get Gilardino and give Parma young players. Parma knows that Gilardino wont be the man to get them out of their problems so might as well make some money and get some players like Serginho etc that you already want to give away.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Please, no Bati, no Boriello. And no new signings in Jan it seems. :frown:
In the worst scenario, Sergio to play as striker.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Without disregarding the potentiality of Gilardino arriving, I never quite understood the media logic that for instance "Tomasson out until the New Year - Gilardino closer" represents. I mean- he is out perhaps until THE NEW YEAR meaning that he'll be back before you could actually make use of Gila.

It's just a weird conclusion to arrive at I think. Had Tomasson been out until March for instance it would have been another matter entirely, but with Pippo coming back in February you'd be at 5 rather big name strikers, and that's seems like overkill wouldn't you agree?

Moreover- in Parma's situation Gilardino is absolutely crucial to their survival, and it makes more sense for them to look at a deal for next season if anything. That would fit in with Milan having the chance to either offload Tomasson to make room, or terminate/not extend the relationship with Crespo.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All media in Italy suggest that Gilardino will join Milan next season. Period.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
Glen has it right as logic. One doesnt reach the other at all. Besides, in all honesty, why take more blood from parma just o make sure we have 4 strikers or sth. Parma needs the guy as hell and it is always good and important for everyone that a solid and good club liek Parma survives teh big crisis there are in teh last year or so and goes on.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bono said:
Glen has it right as logic. One doesnt reach the other at all. Besides, in all honesty, why take more blood from parma just o make sure we have 4 strikers or sth. Parma needs the guy as hell and it is always good and important for everyone that a solid and good club liek Parma survives teh big crisis there are in teh last year or so and goes on.
Bono, Gila will most probably join Milan next season. Only fans beleve he will join us next January. All the papers and media in general have said it a number of times. Of cause in Football never say never (even him not playing for Milan next season), but as said, he should join us only next season.

P.S. Plus Arrigo is One Of Us :stuckup:

·
Registered
869 Posts
We'll keep Tomasson and send Crespo back..regardless of how many goals he scores..simply because we cannot afford to pay 20 millions of euro for a 30 y o..we'll make an huge investiment in Gilardino and if we must spend many moneys, i'll spend them on a young talent

Tomasson could represent a plusvalence because he arrived at zero cost and could be sold for 13 millions roughly but i think that could mean we keep Crespo and to keep him we should spend more than we have got from Tomasson..

Crespo will go IMO, Tomasson will remain..only in case of a very good offer Tomasson will be sold and we would have Sheva/ Gilardino/Inzaghi/ and a young player to invest on

1 - 20 of 50 Posts