Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that Coventry bought him. Never heard of the guy. He should be a talented striker. Is he ? If he is then why does Arsenal sell him ?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
its because he behaved badly or something in a reserve game
he was a very good prospect, but its the same scenario with benfica and joao pinto
even though pinto was maybe their best player, they had to release him because he couldnt follow the club's rules

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that was a quick answer. Thanks :)

Do you think he is better then one of Coventry's strikers duo right now : Keane - Roussel ?

B

·
0 Posts
Bothroyd is 18, and was in arsenal acadamy youth team before he was kicked out, he hardly played for our reserves let alone got anywhere near the first team. He was part of the u-18 team that thrashed coventry last year in the youth cup final, and while he may be decent at youth team standard, hes by no means special, so don't start thinking you've got the next micheal owen on your hands because you haven't, if your lucky in a few years he maybe as good as ian dowie, but no better.

Comparing his situation to pintos is not entirely valid, for a start he's just a youth team player, secondly we're getting a fee for him, thirdly he's not even the best striker in the youth team let alone the best at the club.

He will probably be put in the reserves at coventry, I can't imagine even the sky blues have a crap enough frontline for him to have any chance of playing.

He was arsenals problem, now hes yours, good luck.

[Edited by blitheid on 07-07-2000 at 05:56]

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wasn't expecting the new Owen. I would like to have the new one but i'm rather satisfied with the current strikers duo at Coventry :)

He will probably be the 5th or 6th striker if he is not that special. Then i'm wondering why we bought him afterall if he is such a trouble-maker !

Anyway, tnx for the info ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Alchemists tried for centries to turn lead into gold, they all failed of course, but they never stopped trying.

Prospectors and miners gave there lives in the pursuit of gold, some found it, but most just found a life of suffering and a lucky few found a quick death.

[Edited by blitheid on 07-07-2000 at 05:58]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts